Sugar Beet Co-Ops Anticipating Record...

Sugar Beet Co-Ops Anticipating Record Yields

There are 1 comment on the KMOT-TV Minot story from Sep 4, 2010, titled Sugar Beet Co-Ops Anticipating Record Yields. In it, KMOT-TV Minot reports that:

Sugar beet cooperatives in the Red River Valley of eastern North Dakota and northwest Minnesota say yields this year could set records.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KMOT-TV Minot.

Since: Sep 10

Moorhead, MN

#1 Sep 9, 2010
Ahhh, yes. Great news.

Because America needs more sugar, right?

Sure, whine about your "right" to business any way you see fit. But realize that if you farm sugarbeets, that you are nothing more than the equivalent of a glorified poppy grower in Afghanistan.

You're feeding America's addition to cheap, politically protected sugar. You're enabling the obesity epidemic.

Congratulations on your record success... Americans are fatter than ever.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Forks Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in North Dako... (Oct '10) Oct 4 Julia 26
Carla Mund no expert on environmental change Sep '17 Wilbur 1
Fwb Aug '17 CPND 1
News Ghanaian Asylum Seeker Wins Case To Stay In Canada May '17 Bugs Bunny - Harp... 7
Anyone trying to sell my stolen car stereo ? (Mar '17) Mar '17 Anonymous 1
News The new underground railroad (Feb '17) Mar '17 Sunny Days in Canada 8
News 'Informal' network helping refuge seekers get t... (Feb '17) Feb '17 norn dunont 1

Grand Forks Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Forks Mortgages