ND Republicans put Palin-signed jersey on eBay

Full story: TwinCities.com

A Fighting Sioux hockey jersey autographed by former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin has been put up for auction through eBay.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 18 of18
Alaska Girl

Sitka, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2010

Judged:

I don't know why anyone would ruin a great jersey that still says the "Fighting Sioux" on it by having the "Quitter" sign it. This woman is a laughing stock of her own home state now. She has an absolutely empty resume'. She has seen nothing through except being the mayor of Wasilla which is the meth capital of the state. As governor, she turned her back on the state and its people in lieu of money. She is no maverick. She is known as Caribou Barbie up here in Alaska. All you have to ask yourself is "what has this woman really accomplished?" Not a damn thing. I was born and raised in ND and have lived in AK for the past 28 years. I love ND, the Fighting Sioux and AK. But glorifying a woman who has done nothing but show an enormous amount of greed, narcissism, and hate, while at the same time hiding behind Jesus, is nothing but a hypocrite.

Since: Aug 10

Here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2010

Judged:

Alaska Girl wrote:
I don't know why anyone would ruin a great jersey that still says the "Fighting Sioux" on it by having the "Quitter" sign it. This woman is a laughing stock of her own home state now. She has an absolutely empty resume'. She has seen nothing through except being the mayor of Wasilla which is the meth capital of the state. As governor, she turned her back on the state and its people in lieu of money. She is no maverick. She is known as Caribou Barbie up here in Alaska. All you have to ask yourself is "what has this woman really accomplished?" Not a damn thing. I was born and raised in ND and have lived in AK for the past 28 years. I love ND, the Fighting Sioux and AK. But glorifying a woman who has done nothing but show an enormous amount of greed, narcissism, and hate, while at the same time hiding behind Jesus, is nothing but a hypocrite.
wouaaa wouaaa wu wu wouaaaaaaaaaa

Take a Midol for your pain and some Ex-Lax because you're full of it. Speak for yourself ya silly misguided liberal... not the state.

“Unborn babies are people too”

Since: Jul 09

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2010

Judged:

Aint My America wrote:
<quoted text>
Take a Midol for your pain and some Ex-Lax because you're full of it. Speak for yourself ya silly misguided liberal... not the state.
Maybe Palin will just have to console herself with these numbers from a Democrat-oversampled *national* poll [July, 2010]:

"...from the normally Democrat-sympathetic Public Policy Polling. PPP pitted Barack Obama against five potential Republican challengers for the 2012 presidential campaign, and the only one Obama beat was Ö Jan Brewer. Even that, PPP admitted, resulted from Brewerís lack of name recognition. The headline, though, is Sarah Palinís dead heat with the President:

"With his approval numbers hitting new lows itís no surprise that Barack Obamaís numbers in our monthly look ahead to the 2012 Presidential race are their worst ever this month. He trails Mitt Romney 46-43, Mike Huckabee 47-45, Newt Gingrich 46-45, and is even tied with Sarah Palin at 46. The only person tested he leads is Jan Brewer, who doesnít have particularly high name recognition on the national level at this point....

"There are two things driving these strong poll numbers for the Republican candidates. The first is a lead with independents in every match up. Romney leads 48-35 with them, Gingrich is up 50-39, Huckabee has a 46-40 advantage, Palinís up 47-42, and even Brewer has a 38-37 edge.

"In case one wonders whether PPPís sample is to blame, the partisan split favors Democrats by five points, 39/34. Thatís probably overstating the actual size of the gap and the percentage of Democrats in the general population, which means that the independents got short shrift as well. Also note that this poll surveyed registered voters, not likely voters ó a sampling technique that would tend to favor Democrats and Obama a little more."
Alaska Girl

Sitka, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2010

Judged:

Aint My America wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not speaking for the state, nor did I say I was anywhere in my previous post. I know what I know first hand because I lived it. She was my half term governor. You obviously are not up to snuff on her track record (or lack thereof). If I am a "liberal" because I expect our elected officials to do their jobs then so be it. She did not do her job when she was governor of the state of Alaska. That is a matter of public record. She quit and threw a whole lot of people under the bus when she left. Check her popularity index now with the state. Not good. However, fyi, I am voting Republican in our primaries next week in support of Lisa Murkowski. Not sure who she is? Get educated on Alaska politics or maybe go take a midol yourself.

Here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2010

Alaska Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not speaking for the state, nor did I say I was anywhere in my previous post. I know what I know first hand because I lived it. She was my half term governor. You obviously are not up to snuff on her track record (or lack thereof). If I am a "liberal" because I expect our elected officials to do their jobs then so be it. She did not do her job when she was governor of the state of Alaska. That is a matter of public record. She quit and threw a whole lot of people under the bus when she left. Check her popularity index now with the state. Not good. However, fyi, I am voting Republican in our primaries next week in support of Lisa Murkowski. Not sure who she is? Get educated on Alaska politics or maybe go take a midol yourself.
What do you consider this?... "This woman is a laughing stock of her own home state now." Which was completely made up by you.

Here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2010

Lux et Veritas wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe Palin will just have to console herself with these numbers from a Democrat-oversampled *national* poll [July, 2010]:
"...from the normally Democrat-sympathetic Public Policy Polling. PPP pitted Barack Obama against five potential Republican challengers for the 2012 presidential campaign, and the only one Obama beat was Ö Jan Brewer. Even that, PPP admitted, resulted from Brewerís lack of name recognition. The headline, though, is Sarah Palinís dead heat with the President:
"With his approval numbers hitting new lows itís no surprise that Barack Obamaís numbers in our monthly look ahead to the 2012 Presidential race are their worst ever this month. He trails Mitt Romney 46-43, Mike Huckabee 47-45, Newt Gingrich 46-45, and is even tied with Sarah Palin at 46. The only person tested he leads is Jan Brewer, who doesnít have particularly high name recognition on the national level at this point....
"There are two things driving these strong poll numbers for the Republican candidates. The first is a lead with independents in every match up. Romney leads 48-35 with them, Gingrich is up 50-39, Huckabee has a 46-40 advantage, Palinís up 47-42, and even Brewer has a 38-37 edge.
"In case one wonders whether PPPís sample is to blame, the partisan split favors Democrats by five points, 39/34. Thatís probably overstating the actual size of the gap and the percentage of Democrats in the general population, which means that the independents got short shrift as well. Also note that this poll surveyed registered voters, not likely voters ó a sampling technique that would tend to favor Democrats and Obama a little more."
You never fail.. Lux. BTW... did you feel forced to register your avatar for a reason?

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2010

Aint My America wrote:
<quoted text>
You never fail.. Lux. BTW... did you feel forced to register your avatar for a reason?
THere was a wuss from St. Paul who usurped my name for a brief time. I registered my avatar and flagged the poseur's posts. One needn't bother with the impotent rage of gnats.

Here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2010

Lux et Veritas wrote:
<quoted text>
THere was a wuss from St. Paul who usurped my name for a brief time. I registered my avatar and flagged the poseur's posts. One needn't bother with the impotent rage of gnats.
I know this is off topic Lux (truth), but that same sick usurper forced me to also. Things are wide open here and as you can see I myself have taken advantage of that disadvantage, and I applaud you for remaining on course. That usurper is still using my old one here.. IronRanger. Have a good Sunday Lux..

Here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2010

Lux.. FYI, I noticed when I wasn't registered, some days my location showed as St. Paul and the next day as Mpls. The usurper showed the same and it suggested to me the usurper didn't reside in either like me since I'm 30 miles north of both. Not much ado about anything at this point.. oh well. Like I said... good Sunday.

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2010

Aint My America wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you consider this?... "This woman is a laughing stock of her own home state now." Which was completely made up by you.
Laughingstock in her home state? Hmmm, she seems to have had some critical influence in a much-closer-than-predicted Senate primary. Most pundits (read, liberals) thought Murkowski would win in a walk. That Miller is even close, much less leading at this point, is Palin's doing.

"U.S. Sen. Lisa Murkowski is battling for her political life this morning against Republican primary challenger Joe Miller, the Tea Party-backed candidate who had a slim lead as ballots continued to be counted overnight. Miller, a Fairbanks attorney, led from when the first returns came in Tuesday night, and was on the verge of pulling off one of the biggest election upsets ever in Alaska. With 84 percent of Alaska's precincts reporting around 2 a.m., Miller had 45,188 votes to 42,633 for Murkowski.

"Miller credited the support of former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin for his lead.

"I'm absolutely certain that was pivotal," he said.

Read more: http://www.adn.com/2010/08/24/1423423/miller-...

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2010

Mommas, don't let your children grow up to be liberal "journalists": "Palin has put her support and her money behind Tea Party candidate Joe Miller in this year's Alaska primary. Though Miller doesn't appear likely to win Tuesday, Palin's involvement sends a clear message to the Murkowski family as well as to Washington."

Number of Alaska Precincts 438
Precincts Reporting 429 -- 97.9 %

Miller, Joe REP 45,909 51.09%
Murkowski, Lisa REP 43,949 48.91%

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2010

Alaska Girl wrote:
I don't know why anyone would ruin a great jersey that still says the "Fighting Sioux" on it by having the "Quitter" sign it. This woman is a laughing stock of her own home state now. She has an absolutely empty resume'.
You know the aphorism, no doubt: "He who laughs last ..."

Anchorage Daily News headline 9/1: "Murkowski concedes GOP Senate race to Miller"

[Anchorage Daily News]"...Miller's message really took off in the Valley, where he had the support of Sarah and Todd Palin.

"Committed volunteers there made a huge difference, getting businesses to put up huge Miller signs, walking in parades and making personal pitches by phone, DeSoto said....

"At the Palmer Colony Days parade in June, "we had over 100 volunteers show up to walk for Joe. We had five vehicles. We had two, three horses. We had skateboarders. We had moms with strollers," Walker said. "It was fabulous."
TaxTaxTax

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2010

Decision to sign a fighting sioux jersey is clearly the left over fault of failed policy from the Bush administration. Anything good that is happening is because of Obama and anything bad we need to remember to blame on Bush. :)

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2010

TaxTaxTax wrote:
Decision to sign a fighting sioux jersey is clearly the left over fault of failed policy from the Bush administration. Anything good that is happening is because of Obama and anything bad we need to remember to blame on Bush.:)
In politically correct deference to the coronation of The One Who Makes Oceans Rise, the NCAA has given the former Fighting Sioux a list of approved nicknames from which to choose:

The Fighting Hollyhocks

The Fighting Swallowtail Butterflies

The Fighting Field Mice

The Fighting Fruit Flies
Hawkshaw

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2010

Progressives have a tought time with the likes of Palin and Bachmann...seems that they just can't stand a woman who is conservative...after all they prefer Maxine Materms, "the word" Nancy Pelosi etc.
NODAK

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2010

That's hilarious, the stain on the plain and Palin. They make a good combination. Racist Logo and Racist wench.
Liberal

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2010

Hawkshaw wrote:
Progressives have a tought time with the likes of Palin and Bachmann...seems that they just can't stand a woman who is conservative...after all they prefer Maxine Materms, "the word" Nancy Pelosi etc.
Please post one bill # or co-authored bill # that Bachmann has done in 4 years of collecting a government check to help the 6th district? Ya you can't cause she sucks as a representative. At least Ted Stevens brought home the bacon. Typical tea bagger only like government checks if their name is on them.
Hawkshaw

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2010

Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Please post one bill # or co-authored bill # that Bachmann has done in 4 years of collecting a government check to help the 6th district? Ya you can't cause she sucks as a representative. At least Ted Stevens brought home the bacon. Typical tea bagger only like government checks if their name is on them.
Brevity is the soul of wit so it should be for instructing the slow to learn...if your requirement is for her to emulate Ted Steven's to bring home the bacon it would appear your government check is late again.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 18 of18
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Grand Forks Discussions

Search the Grand Forks Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Authorities Search for Missing Man Jul 5 Louis Boyd 2
Review: Roland Tax Attorneys of Grand Fork Jun 25 Anonymous 1
Somalis in grand forks? (Dec '12) May '14 Somalis 9
Home on The Plant Ranch (May '06) May '14 Leah Anderson 6
Sheyhan santos Apr '14 Sluttt 5
ND Who do you support for Tax Commissioner in Nort... (Oct '10) Mar '14 pompeium lectus 4
Review: Whiskers Grooming Feb '14 Amy 1
•••
•••
•••
Grand Forks Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Grand Forks Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••