Wyo. National Guard patrols rivers amid flood risk

There are 1 comment on the KGWN story from Jun 11, 2011, titled Wyo. National Guard patrols rivers amid flood risk. In it, KGWN reports that:

Levels in the North Platte River near Saratoga in southeast Wyoming have fallen slightly, but the river is still nearly two feet above flood stage of 8.5 feet.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KGWN.

Since: Jun 11

Arlington, VA

#1 Jun 17, 2011
Incidents like this are a constant reminder of the impact that natural disasters can have on our society. My name is Brad and Iím working on behalf of the National Guard, and I'm glad to see the Wyoming National Guard is aiding in this flood risk. Dealing with floods is a big part of what the National Guard does and we just launched ADVENTURES, an interactive application that allows you to choose your own adventure to control the outcome of various missions with the end-goal being to provide relief to a region that has just experienced a flood. Once youíve completed the application you can share your mission with your friends through Facebook Connect. Has anyone given it a try?

http://www.mynationalguardexperience.com/adve...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Encampment Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Free Version of Carfax (Oct '14) Oct '14 lori 1
Barrack Obama (Sep '13) Sep '13 Kevin Beagley 1
More from around the web

Grand Encampment People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]