Officials won't confirm Lavergne led ...

Officials won't confirm Lavergne led them to body believed to be missing Lafayette student

There are 11 comments on the The Town Talk story from Aug 9, 2012, titled Officials won't confirm Lavergne led them to body believed to be missing Lafayette student. In it, The Town Talk reports that:

LAFAYETTE -- Officials will not confirm whether suspected killer Brandon Scott Lavergne led them Tuesday to the body now believed to be Lafayette resident Mickey Shunick.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Town Talk.

CP RESIDENT

Eunice, LA

#1 Aug 9, 2012
Well...I don't know if BSL led police to the site where the body was buried but it has positively been identified as Mickey.
whynot

Hollywood, FL

#2 Aug 9, 2012
What would keep the cops from saying Brandon showed them where to find Mickey?
just me

United States

#3 Aug 9, 2012
I dont believe the cops can say that he led them to the body because he probably made a plea deal and it has to officially be approved by the district judge. Once they have a hearing and the judge accepts the plea deal I'm sure that it will come out that he led them to Mickey's body.
Roseann Roseanna Danna

Opelousas, LA

#4 Aug 10, 2012
It was he. He does not want the death penalty. I'm sure Lisa Pate and Mickey Didn't want it either. Let's not give him the choice!
ReapWhatYouSow

Houston, TX

#5 Aug 10, 2012
He is a psycopathic killer and although he didn't dress up like an old lady (like the guy in the movie, Psycho), his mind is separated or compartmentalized. He's able to charm and trick people and also hold down an offshore job - and be a good model prisoner to shorten his sentence. However, his other demonic persona, rears it's ugly head from time to time. I'm sure there are more of his victims lying buried in Texas and possibly other states. When the whole truth comes out, he will get the death penalty, regardless of giving information about Mickey's location. On Tiger Droppings I read he had his brother come to his trailer to pray with him because there was a demon in his trailer - yep - Brandon is the only demon that was in that trailer. No need for rosaries or exorcists - just jail and the D.P.
had enough

Euless, TX

#6 Aug 10, 2012
ReapWhatYouSow wrote:
He is a psycopathic killer and although he didn't dress up like an old lady (like the guy in the movie, Psycho), his mind is separated or compartmentalized. He's able to charm and trick people and also hold down an offshore job - and be a good model prisoner to shorten his sentence. However, his other demonic persona, rears it's ugly head from time to time. I'm sure there are more of his victims lying buried in Texas and possibly other states. When the whole truth comes out, he will get the death penalty, regardless of giving information about Mickey's location. On Tiger Droppings I read he had his brother come to his trailer to pray with him because there was a demon in his trailer - yep - Brandon is the only demon that was in that trailer. No need for rosaries or exorcists - just jail and the D.P.
If he made a plea deal, it's for all info on everyone so he can't get death penalty if he were the one to show them and get it off
ReapWhatYouSow

Houston, TX

#7 Aug 10, 2012
had enough wrote:
<quoted text>
If he made a plea deal, it's for all info on everyone so he can't get death penalty if he were the one to show them and get it off
That's true, if he has confessed to everything - but what if evidence comes to light about his involvement in some more murders?- more plea deals, I suppose? I believe he has several graves all over the place and some are filled and some were waiting to be filled after Mickey, if he hadn't been caught. I just think he murdered more women between his release from jail in 2008 and Mickey in May 2012. I guess good police investigative work and time will tell if I'm right on this.
just me

Breaux Bridge, LA

#8 Aug 10, 2012
I'm just wondering about the Jenning's 8
ReapWhatYouSow

Houston, TX

#9 Aug 10, 2012
just me wrote:
I'm just wondering about the Jenning's 8
Some of the Jennings 8 victims were murdered while he was incarcerated, but he could have been responsible for some of them I suppose. Also, some victims along the I45 corridor in Houston possibly.
had enough

Euless, TX

#11 Aug 10, 2012
ReapWhatYouSow wrote:
<quoted text>That's true, if he has confessed to everything - but what if evidence comes to light about his involvement in some more murders?- more plea deals, I suppose? I believe he has several graves all over the place and some are filled and some were waiting to be filled after Mickey, if he hadn't been caught. I just think he murdered more women between his release from jail in 2008 and Mickey in May 2012. I guess good police investigative work and time will tell if I'm right on this.
I think he did too but I think I read somewhere that if they find he's connected to others, the plea deal still stands. I'll try to find where I read it at. I think he did too. On missing persons of America, since 2008, until his recent arrest, 8 women have gone missing on that stretch of hwy he took to visit relatives in tx n only one wasn't walking. Haven't found any traces of them whatsoever. I'm not saying he did them but they need to look into them n the dates he was working.
had enough

Euless, TX

#12 Aug 10, 2012
just me wrote:
I'm just wondering about the Jenning's 8
he was in jail during that time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Coteau Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evangeline Downs Casino (Jun '08) Sun dam o dam 135
Good daycares in church point? Aug 28 hmmmm 3
About the State Department's E-mails Aug 28 Emails 1
Where are the good jobs? Aug 26 Jobs 1
Hispancis in Acadia Parish... (Oct '07) Aug 24 White and lucky 3
cp police (Oct '13) Aug 14 ALM 32
Great Wall / El Torro (Dec '14) Aug 13 not sure 14
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Coteau Mortgages