Arnaudville council, police chief tra...

Arnaudville council, police chief trade barbs

There are 64 comments on the dailyworld.com story from Mar 21, 2013, titled Arnaudville council, police chief trade barbs. In it, dailyworld.com reports that:

ARNAUDVILLE -- A proposal by Police Chief Richard Mizzi to hire three new officers sparked a heated argument between the chief and several members of the Arnaudville city council at Tuesday's meeting.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at dailyworld.com.

concern citizen

Arnaudville, LA

#55 Jul 17, 2013
concerned citizen wrote:
I hope toby runs for chief !!!!!!!
Toby is a nice guy, and a good officer, but I feel he is too young, and does not have enough experience in Law Enforcement to be Chief of Police. I'm not saying that sometimes in the future you might not make a great Chief, but not now.
resident

Iota, LA

#56 Jul 18, 2013
concern citizen wrote:
<quoted text>Toby is a nice guy, and a good officer, but I feel he is too young, and does not have enough experience in Law Enforcement to be Chief of Police. I'm not saying that sometimes in the future you might not make a great Chief, but not now.
Young and doesn't have enough law enforcement? He has enough law enforcement to better this town. We want young. We sure don't need a 70 year old man to be our chief
arnaudville

Iota, LA

#57 Jul 18, 2013
How young is too young for y'all, Toby is in his mid 30's, I think that he would do a much better job than Richard, when Mike became chief he had no law enforcement under him
CiTiZeN

Iota, LA

#58 Jul 18, 2013
I THINK DORIS A. COUSIN SHOULD RUN FOR CHIEF !!!!!!! He would do a great job. Hahahehe
concern citizen

Port Barre, LA

#59 Jul 18, 2013
CiTiZeN wrote:
I THINK DORIS A. COUSIN SHOULD RUN FOR CHIEF !!!!!!! He would do a great job. Hahahehe
What would possess a guy to quit a job making 75G's a year to run for Chief of Police, and make only 39G's a year. That is dumb choice.
arnaudville

Iota, LA

#60 Jul 18, 2013
concern citizen wrote:
<quoted text>What would possess a guy to quit a job making 75G's a year to run for Chief of Police, and make only 39G's a year. That is dumb choice.
I heard he was running
citizen

Iota, LA

#61 Jul 18, 2013
concern citizen wrote:
<quoted text>What would possess a guy to quit a job making 75G's a year to run for Chief of Police, and make only 39G's a year. That is dumb choice.
I heard he was gonna keep his job in the oilfield an be chief at night.
concern citizen

Port Barre, LA

#62 Jul 18, 2013
citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard he was gonna keep his job in the oilfield an be chief at night.
Everyone knows, Being elected Chief of Police is a full-time position, not part-time.
lawmaker

Marksville, LA

#63 Jul 21, 2013
concern citizen wrote:
<quoted text>Everyone knows, Being elected Chief of Police is a full-time position, not part-time.
An elected official does not have to work full time, because they are elected. You are allowed to have more than one job, ask around you can even call the clerk of courts office. Hope a certain individual runs and wins, and you will see Arnaudville Police Dept go to the next level!!
citizen

United States

#64 Jul 21, 2013
lawmaker wrote:
<quoted text>An elected official does not have to work full time, because they are elected. You are allowed to have more than one job, ask around you can even call the clerk of courts office. Hope a certain individual runs and wins, and you will see Arnaudville Police Dept go to the next level!!
If that someone is so great way isnt he still in law enforcement? We have a chief that is never around now. Why would we want another chief like that? Sounds like he is like the others wanting extra money!
concern citizen

Sunset, LA

#65 Jul 21, 2013
citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
If that someone is so great way isnt he still in law enforcement? We have a chief that is never around now. Why would we want another chief like that? Sounds like he is like the others wanting extra money!

Thank you. I could not of said it any better.
HaHaHeHe

Kinder, LA

#66 Jul 22, 2013
Richard mizzly is the first chief arnaudville has that the citizens trying to recall. They didnt even try to recall mike. Everyone knows all the stuff he did. Richard you can only do wrong for so long. Till it comes back to get bite you. You can only blame youself for this.
concern citizento

Sunset, LA

#67 Jul 22, 2013
CiTiZeN wrote:
If this guy is elected Chief, Doris will be free to do what ever he wants, and nothing will be done about it. He will be able to steal what ever he wants, sell his drugs on the street corner, and walk through town drunk, and disturbing the peace.
arnaudville

Kinder, LA

#68 Jul 22, 2013
concern citizento wrote:
<quoted text>If this guy is elected Chief, Doris will be free to do what ever he wants, and nothing will be done about it. He will be able to steal what ever he wants, sell his drugs on the street corner, and walk through town drunk, and disturbing the peace.
You said a mouth full. You are 100% right.
lawmaker

United States

#71 Jul 24, 2013
arnaudville wrote:
<quoted text>You said a mouth full. You are 100% right.
I find those comments to very funny, it is obvious, your facts are not correct but coming from uneducated individuals who could expect any more!!! Doris already walks daily and nightly committing crime, your point?? Thats the problem most people are looking for a handout, someone that can do favors for them!! And FYI that individual is still in Law enforcement!!!! Before throwing stones clean your kitchen first!!!
lawmaker

United States

#72 Jul 24, 2013
citizen wrote:
<quoted text>If that someone is so great way isnt he still in law enforcement? We have a chief that is never around now. Why would we want another chief like that? Sounds like he is like the others wanting extra money!
Wanting extra money, lol. Just cause you are too lazy to work dont get upset with individuals trying to better a community in much need of structure. FYI he is still in Law Enforcement. What do you mean by the comment, he would not be around?? You dont know that!!
in the know

Lafayette, LA

#73 Sep 9, 2013
concern citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to mention that he wants to give back to the community. Where was he all these years, stuck in New Orleans, working and living over there. Bwst thing he can do is stay his old ass over there when he retires.
He wasn't stuck in New Orleans. He was raising a handicapped daughter who required extensive surgeries. He was helping a school for children with disabilities. He was obviously doing community work and making a decent living for his family - probably more than "concern citizen" was doing right here! So, where exactly were you and what were you doing to promote positive change? Shame on you for discouraging someone from even considering contributing to the place he was born in and lived until his father found a better wage in New Orleans.
goodbye

Arnaudville, LA

#75 Sep 9, 2013
in the know wrote:
<quoted text>
He wasn't stuck in New Orleans. He was raising a handicapped daughter who required extensive surgeries. He was helping a school for children with disabilities. He was obviously doing community work and making a decent living for his family - probably more than "concern citizen" was doing right here! So, where exactly were you and what were you doing to promote positive change? Shame on you for discouraging someone from even considering contributing to the place he was born in and lived until his father found a better wage in New Orleans.
It does not pay to argue with the simpletons here in arnaudville. Sad fact is, unless this recall is successful, Richard will run again, and he will win. You should understand, if you dont live here, it is not your fight. The arnaudville citizens will soon forget that Richard Mizzi is a total a hole, liar, thief, dopehead and coward. He does most of the posting on this site that is in his favor. IF the recall is successful, I predict he will run away like the coward bitch he is.
in the know

Lafayette, LA

#76 Sep 10, 2013
goodbye wrote:
<quoted text>
It does not pay to argue with the simpletons here in arnaudville. Sad fact is, unless this recall is successful, Richard will run again, and he will win. You should understand, if you dont live here, it is not your fight. The arnaudville citizens will soon forget that Richard Mizzi is a total a hole, liar, thief, dopehead and coward. He does most of the posting on this site that is in his favor. IF the recall is successful, I predict he will run away like the coward bitch he is.
I appreciate your comment, and from this point on I will not post to argue with what you refer to as "simpletons". I had a hunch that most of the posts come from one source, considering the lack of correct grammar, punctuation and syntax. Not to mention the cheap shots and jibes that seem to be on the same intellectual level of a cowardly bully. Don't know if it is the Chief, but it is certainly one person with many handles with one common "personality". I refuse to believe there are that many haters! I have better things to do then to engage in back and forth commentary with mean spirited illiterates.
in the know

Lafayette, LA

#77 Sep 10, 2013
help wrote:
<quoted text>are you talking about the 70 year old man that already had 2 knee replacements? If you are we don't need anyone like that!
He's not 70. He's 60, and was 7th of 39 in the academy, has maintained his health and ability to apprehend and arrest, scores 98 on weapon qualifications consistently. He carries 40 lbs of "gear", and no -- he doesnt work in the jail. He is and has been a patrol officer since graduating from the academy and becoming POST certified. He worked in the jail while attending the academy because with a college degree in accounting, he was an asset in the management of prisoner's funds. How easy it is to judge based on personal biases and prejudices. Try to refrain. It usually backfires.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Coteau Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
June Aka Author Henry Nov 29 Chyna 1
carencro police? (Apr '06) Nov 26 dreamaker 149
man in o.p. that removes blackmagic Nov 25 Baby Boy 2
Carrier or Carriere family reunion (Apr '14) Nov 24 TL Carriere 5
News Second arrest made in shooting (Jan '09) Nov 23 Kjj 93
Officer Craig David (Mar '16) Nov 23 Pop 16
Eddy lacompte Nov 19 Scoody-doo 2

Grand Coteau Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance