Arnaudville council, police chief tra...

Arnaudville council, police chief trade barbs

There are 64 comments on the dailyworld.com story from Mar 21, 2013, titled Arnaudville council, police chief trade barbs. In it, dailyworld.com reports that:

ARNAUDVILLE -- A proposal by Police Chief Richard Mizzi to hire three new officers sparked a heated argument between the chief and several members of the Arnaudville city council at Tuesday's meeting.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at dailyworld.com.

hehehaha

Sunset, LA

#26 Mar 28, 2013
richard ass wrote:
i wondrer how many will wip his ass when is badge gomes off..i doint have no beef with him ,but i hear some do.just wondering.LOL
all that is just talk, aint nobody gonna do nothing but run da mouth
heehah

United States

#28 Mar 30, 2013
ricard i like that new retard cop
Big Fat Dallas

Sunset, LA

#30 Jun 21, 2013
Round 2 gonna end in a knock out
in the know

Lafayette, LA

#32 Jun 27, 2013
I have it on reliable authority that "help is on the way". A retired police officer who was born and raised here, moved to New Orleans, and will be coming back very soon to settle here, will be running for Chief. This man has received awards, accolades, and commendations. He has been a business man, owned his own human resource agency, worked in management positions with a Fortune 500 company, has a degree in accounting, is trained in procurement, budgeting, management, and has a stellar record as a community volunteer. His wife is also a leader in her own right and highly skilled in grant writing and fundraising. When asked why he would want to be Chief, he says that he wants to give back to the community, he wants to create programs that would benefit the citizens of Arnaudville -- a youth-oriented program, a program for the elderly and disabled, and commit to "serving the people", not his own self-interests. His skills with people and management and his strong belief that training is key to an effective police force will bring this department to an all new level in skill, integrity, accountability, and service. I can't wait. So, Arnaudville, if you are tired of "settling" or are weary of being the trash heap for rejects, finally you will have quality to vote for -- with no nepotism, special favors, or politics.
Edward wrote:
<quoted text> Unfortunately elections in st landry parish or any parish in south louisiana is won by popularity and selfish politics. the more qualified person rarely wins. go to your local grocery stores, walmart, ball games and really take a look at the caliber of people there. yes they are the ones voting. the majority of the voting public doesnt have the understanding of consequence. most folks vote for the candidate that will fix their tickets and get them out of trouble or jury duty. come election time a significant number of voters wont show up to vote. i hear this a lot "he's gonna win by a landslide, he dont need my vote". well how the heck is someone gonna get the votes if people dont go vote?! also the incumbant has the upper hand. they've already been in office long enough to fix tickets, favors and so on. it really doesnt matter the quality of performance of duty at that point. its all in who you know and what favors the candidate can do. Unfortunately its the truth. so if you want to make a difference in your community then you'd have to get the voters to vote for the right reasons. vote for the candidate that is qualified to perform the duties of that office and not for the popularity or favora he or she will do.
in the know

Lafayette, LA

#33 Jun 27, 2013
Oh, I failed to mention that he is retiring from the biggest sheriff's department in the state, and one of the "busiest" in the entire country. One year with the department he is with equals four years in most other cities. He is also capable of drawing support from other law enforcement people from across the state, so you can bet he will have no problem partnering with nearby agencies when it comes to sharing resources, including training. Drug problem in Arnaudville -- it will be erased!
help

Oklahoma City, OK

#34 Jun 27, 2013
in the know wrote:
Oh, I failed to mention that he is retiring from the biggest sheriff's department in the state, and one of the "busiest" in the entire country. One year with the department he is with equals four years in most other cities. He is also capable of drawing support from other law enforcement people from across the state, so you can bet he will have no problem partnering with nearby agencies when it comes to sharing resources, including training. Drug problem in Arnaudville -- it will be erased!
are you talking about the 70 year old man that already had 2 knee replacements? If you are we don't need anyone like that!
citizen.

Oklahoma City, OK

#35 Jun 27, 2013
help wrote:
<quoted text>are you talking about the 70 year old man that already had 2 knee replacements? If you are we don't need anyone like that!
I hear he works in the jail. The officers in arnaudville needs a chief that they can call for back up. I don't think a 70 year old man can do much fighting an with two knee replacements don't think he can run much. But its nice he wants to help make the town better
concern citizen

Sunset, LA

#38 Jun 28, 2013
in the know wrote:
I have it on reliable authority that "help is on the way". A retired police officer who was born and raised here, moved to New Orleans, and will be coming back very soon to settle here, will be running for Chief. This man has received awards, accolades, and commendations. He has been a business man, owned his own human resource agency, worked in management positions with a Fortune 500 company, has a degree in accounting, is trained in procurement, budgeting, management, and has a stellar record as a community volunteer. His wife is also a leader in her own right and highly skilled in grant writing and fundraising. When asked why he would want to be Chief, he says that he wants to give back to the community, he wants to create programs that would benefit the citizens of Arnaudville -- a youth-oriented program, a program for the elderly and disabled, and commit to "serving the people", not his own self-interests. His skills with people and management and his strong belief that training is key to an effective police force will bring this department to an all new level in skill, integrity, accountability, and service. I can't wait. So, Arnaudville, if you are tired of "settling" or are weary of being the trash heap for rejects, finally you will have quality to vote for -- with no nepotism, special favors, or politics.
<quoted text>
You have to mention that he wants to give back to the community. Where was he all these years, stuck in New Orleans, working and living over there. Bwst thing he can do is stay his old ass over there when he retires.
concern citizen

Sunset, LA

#39 Jun 28, 2013
If the mayor and the city council have thier way, the Town of Arnaudville won't need to elect a chief. They won't have a Police Dept. anymore.
citizen

Oklahoma City, OK

#40 Jun 28, 2013
concern citizen wrote:
If the mayor and the city council have thier way, the Town of Arnaudville won't need to elect a chief. They won't have a Police Dept. anymore.
Richard told mayor and council that he wants the sheriffs dept. to take over the police dept.
help

Oklahoma City, OK

#42 Jun 28, 2013
Richard wants the Sherriff to take over so that way no one beats him next election! He's a sore loser, but Richard your days are numbered!
all of you

Sunset, LA

#43 Jul 1, 2013
no one can beat the man in an election. the council is full of it. they will not do anything
citizen

Oklahoma City, OK

#44 Jul 1, 2013
all of you wrote:
no one can beat the man in an election. the council is full of it. they will not do anything
Richard if you spent as much time patroling as you do on here. We would have the best little town
pahaha

Sunset, LA

#45 Jul 2, 2013
citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Richard if you spent as much time patroling as you do on here. We would have the best little town
you sure do post a lot on here. and you have an identity crisis
HAHAHEHE

Sunset, LA

#46 Jul 3, 2013
THE PAPERS ARE IN AND READY TO BE SIGNED. HAHAHEHE. SEE YA
help

Sunset, LA

#47 Jul 3, 2013
HAHAHEHE wrote:
THE PAPERS ARE IN AND READY TO BE SIGNED. HAHAHEHE. SEE YA
What papers are you talking about?
HAHAHEHE

Sunset, LA

#48 Jul 3, 2013
help wrote:
<quoted text>What papers are you talking about?
The going away papers!!!!!!!
Believe

United States

#51 Jul 17, 2013
Arnaudville needs a Chief who will provide the department with structure and alot of other things. I dont want to say much cause I believe a certain individual will run this election and his ideas are out the roof for our great community. We need a young proactive strong individual.
resident

Arnaudville, LA

#52 Jul 17, 2013
Believe wrote:
Arnaudville needs a Chief who will provide the department with structure and alot of other things. I dont want to say much cause I believe a certain individual will run this election and his ideas are out the roof for our great community. We need a young proactive strong individual.
Who's that certain someone??
concerned citizen

Arnaudville, LA

#54 Jul 17, 2013
I hope toby runs for chief !!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Coteau Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
No police officers in Grand Coteau were are the... (Sep '14) 3 hr Chief son sells d... 5
Dr Stephen Wyble 20 hr Eric 3
std spreaders in cp Mon angrymob 14
Janie Normand Mon really nah 18
cp police (Oct '13) Sun Just hit me up 31
stepson is wrecking my marriage Jul 28 NateDog 25
concil member Jamie Huval gets tickets Jul 28 Doctor Dolittle 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Coteau Mortgages