First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Is This Still America

Sunset, LA

#1 Dec 2, 2011
The administration of Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker (R) unveiled a policy Thursday to hold protesters in the state Capitol liable for extra police or cleanup, in the aftermath of massive demonstrations earlier this year against anti-union legislation.

Under the policy, groups of four or more inside state buildings and 100 or more people outside the Capitol must obtain permits at least 72 hours in advance of protests. Groups could be charged $50 per hour per Capitol Police officer, while costs for other law enforcement agencies will vary. The police could also require advance payment and liability insurance or a bond. Cleanup could be charged to organizers

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/02/scot...

I hope you got the "REAL MESSAGE", if you don't do as they say, you will PAY for it out of your own pocket. What happened to FREEDOM OF SPEECH?
Please

Houma, LA

#2 Dec 3, 2011
I love freedon of speech and the freedon to protest but that does not give anyone the right to thrash the place up.These people are doing drugs, raping,leaving trash,shitting and pissing all over.
I damn sure dont want them protesting in my town.
Is This Still America

Sunset, LA

#3 Dec 3, 2011
Please wrote:
I love freedon of speech and the freedon to protest but that does not give anyone the right to thrash the place up.These people are doing drugs, raping,leaving trash,shitting and pissing all over.
What you just said DID NOT happen in Wis.; total exageration.
He is trying to take away freedom to protest. Charge $$$ and this will silence the poor people. S. Walker is doing what the 1% tell him to do. 99% need to recall him ASAP. The police did not have them pickup and cleanup; just threw them out (pepper spray and arrests). Like someone said, didn't look like something that should happen here.

I read the other day that there is talk about phasing out schools and have kids learn at home by way of the computer/internet and have parents pay 100% of the costs. Are you in favor of that? With Global Corporations saying that American students aren't smart enough (according to where the jobs are, third world countries are smarter), good paying jobs will never come back. The 1% don't want to pay taxes, but want highly educated people working in their industries for close to min. wage with no benefits (like in third world countries). OWS (99%) are smarter and more informed than some of the people posting here. That is why the 1% want to shut them up. Keep in mind, these are the same people who have no problem dealing with China (Gov't controlled).

This is still America and the people have a RIGHT to protest without extra charges.
cajunfreak

Iowa, LA

#4 Dec 3, 2011
Is This Still America wrote:
<quoted text>
What you just said DID NOT happen in Wis.; total exageration.
He is trying to take away freedom to protest. Charge $$$ and this will silence the poor people. S. Walker is doing what the 1% tell him to do. 99% need to recall him ASAP. The police did not have them pickup and cleanup; just threw them out (pepper spray and arrests). Like someone said, didn't look like something that should happen here.
I read the other day that there is talk about phasing out schools and have kids learn at home by way of the computer/internet and have parents pay 100% of the costs. Are you in favor of that? With Global Corporations saying that American students aren't smart enough (according to where the jobs are, third world countries are smarter), good paying jobs will never come back. The 1% don't want to pay taxes, but want highly educated people working in their industries for close to min. wage with no benefits (like in third world countries). OWS (99%) are smarter and more informed than some of the people posting here. That is why the 1% want to shut them up. Keep in mind, these are the same people who have no problem dealing with China (Gov't controlled).
This is still America and the people have a RIGHT to protest without extra charges.
they have the right if they clean up wash there stinky buutt and smoke dope at there house they are lazy want me to pay there school they trash
Is This Still America

Sunset, LA

#5 Dec 4, 2011
cajunfreak

There are homeless/jobless people, alot, all over this country. The 1% cannot stand it when they come together in one place. It shines too big a light on the current negative situation in America. Lets the whole world know how the greed of the 1% has brought America to its knees. Stupid Gingrich (and the rest) say "go get a job". That is exactly what they are protesting for - good American jobs with benefits. Gingrich is a fat disgusting pig and when he refers to "poor kids", he is talking about your kids. Keep in mind, most kids around here don't go to Ivy League universities.

Almost every day there is a report that someone has died in one of the OWS camps. There are alot MORE homeless dying in the back alleys. I guess out of sight, out of mind. What a Christian way to think. Jesus must be SO PROUD!

S. Walker is a 1% work-a-bee (does what he is told). Free Speech is American - charging for it is unconstitutional!!!! Fight for America or you will regret it later when the 1% run the country like CHINA. First, they want to get rid of min. wage, then benefits, then EPA/safety regs, then Wallstreet regs (let the banks to what the want when they want and then bail them out)...

Is this the America you want?
cajunfreak

Iowa, LA

#6 Dec 4, 2011
cajunfreak
There are homeless/jobless people, alot, all over this country. The 1% cannot stand it when they come together in one place. It shines too big a light on the current negative situation in America. Lets the whole world know how the greed of the 1% has brought America to its knees. Stupid Gingrich (and the rest) say "go get a job". That is exactly what they are protesting for - good American jobs with benefits. Gingrich is a fat disgusting pig and when he refers to "poor kids", he is talking about your kids. Keep in mind, most kids around here don't go to Ivy League universities.
Almost every day there is a report that someone has died in one of the OWS camps. There are alot MORE homeless dying in the back alleys. I guess out of sight, out of mind. What a Christian way to think. Jesus must be SO PROUD!
S. Walker is a 1% work-a-bee (does what he is told). Free Speech is American - charging for it is unconstitutional!!!! Fight for America or you will regret it later when the 1% run the country like CHINA. First, they want to get rid of min. wage, then benefits, then EPA/safety regs, then Wallstreet regs (let the banks to what the want when they want and then bail them out)...
Is this the America you want?
like i said before find me a poor person to give me a job
Is This Still America

Sunset, LA

#7 Dec 4, 2011
@ cajunfreak

If you have a job, you are probably working for a small business (99%- poor person).

Rich in America means that they are worth millions/billions, live in huge mansions ($ HIDDEN IN OVERSEAS BANK ACCOUNTS; SOON TO BE FOUND), own a boat, plane, vacation home on an island (or own the island)...

Does your boss qualify as part of the 1%? NO!

Most people are one day away from a catastrophic event that would put throw them into bankruptcy. It is happening all over the country.

Look around; in addition to paying taxes, we are asked to pay more and more (fire tax for ex.). The reason, not everyone is paying their fair share. Don't go after the poor people, they need a good paying job w/benefits in order to pay taxes. The 1% are keeping $$$ out of this country because they don't want to pay taxes on it. Good jobs with beneifts were sent overseas. Money was meant to circulate; not sit in an overseas bank.

If this continues, what kind of future will our kids have? What kind of retirement will we have? Now do you understand why the 1% wants to legalize automatic weapons; a civil uprising is just around the corner if things don't change soon.

Again, Obama is working for the Middle and Working Poor classes. Support him.
cajunfreak

Kinder, LA

#8 Dec 10, 2011
@ cajunfreak
If you have a job, you are probably working for a small business (99%- poor person).
Rich in America means that they are worth millions/billions, live in huge mansions ($ HIDDEN IN OVERSEAS BANK ACCOUNTS; SOON TO BE FOUND), own a boat, plane, vacation home on an island (or own the island)...
Does your boss qualify as part of the 1%? NO!
Most people are one day away from a catastrophic event that would put throw them into bankruptcy. It is happening all over the country.
Look around; in addition to paying taxes, we are asked to pay more and more (fire tax for ex.). The reason, not everyone is paying their fair share. Don't go after the poor people, they need a good paying job w/benefits in order to pay taxes. The 1% are keeping $$$ out of this country because they don't want to pay taxes on it. Good jobs with beneifts were sent overseas. Money was meant to circulate; not sit in an overseas bank.
If this continues, what kind of future will our kids have? What kind of retirement will we have? Now do you understand why the 1% wants to legalize automatic weapons; a civil uprising is just around the corner if things don't change soon.
Again, Obama is working for the Middle and Working Poor classes. Support him.
i work for a big company a rich dude cut the coprate rate and the jobs will come why here when we the highest rate in the world why do they have to give people everything i never ask goverment for any thing i work my ass off and am dam proud and am sick of paying more taxes so everybody else can havwhat they want work there way through school like many before did
Is This Still America

Elton, LA

#9 Dec 10, 2011
@ cajunfreak

Before I believe you work for a large corporation, you will have to name it.

Tax revenues have gone down since the beginning of the 2000's (you know when W. started this mess).

Again, if people had good jobs, taxes would be collected from everyone. Instead, we have people on unemployment (lost their jobs, homes, retirement) and Medicaid. More costs than revenue.
More large corporations want to hire employees thru third party staffing agencies so they don't have to offer benefits. If it is considered temporary jobs, no unemployment benefits - because you will be jacked around with part time work.

The people that made this mess, are now FILTHY RICH. Their money is sheltered - you know loopholes.

If you lose this great job you have, what is the chance you will get another right away? I bet you would have to start near the bottom of the pay scale. Possibly not offered healthcare and a retirement plan.

Unemployment numbers are down. Companies are starting to fund 401k's again. Why turn back over to a greedy administration that will stop the progress? If we expand Medicare to a single payer plan, small businesses will grow and new businesses will open. Common sense approach - slow and steady. Making good choices for the future.
cajunfreak

Kinder, LA

#10 Dec 10, 2011
@ cajunfreak
Before I believe you work for a large corporation, you will have to name it.
Tax revenues have gone down since the beginning of the 2000's (you know when W. started this mess).
Again, if people had good jobs, taxes would be collected from everyone. Instead, we have people on unemployment (lost their jobs, homes, retirement) and Medicaid. More costs than revenue.
More large corporations want to hire employees thru third party staffing agencies so they don't have to offer benefits. If it is considered temporary jobs, no unemployment benefits - because you will be jacked around with part time work.
The people that made this mess, are now FILTHY RICH. Their money is sheltered - you know loopholes.
If you lose this great job you have, what is the chance you will get another right away? I bet you would have to start near the bottom of the pay scale. Possibly not offered healthcare and a retirement plan.
Unemployment numbers are down. Companies are starting to fund 401k's again. Why turn back over to a greedy administration that will stop the progress? If we expand Medicare to a single payer plan, small businesses will grow and new businesses will open. Common sense approach - slow and steady. Making good choices for the future.
thats life u fall down u get back up instend of proseting i be looking for a job what dem was that lost 1 billion and dont know what happen to it thats the one u need to cry to
Is This Still America

Elton, LA

#11 Dec 10, 2011
cajunfreak - even though I would defend your right to comment here; I don't know what you mean buy your last post.

The point is: Small businesses is what will put America's economy back on track. Expanded Medicare will give people the choice of working for the large corporations (not paying their fair share of taxes) or working for small businesses (Middle class with the tax burden).

Get rich quick people tend to want to work for large corporations (don't want to hear them whine when they are asked to sell the soul to the devil or get screwed over). Most Americans want to go to work with good pay and benefits (to include retirement); a family environment. They want to know that there will be job security; not put effort into a company that will be sold to a large corporation on a five year plan. Managers wonder why people are no longer loyal.

You have someone in office now that is a good man working on behalf of the 99%. Why would you trade him in on a 1% person?

Congress should be banned from becoming Lobbyist after leaving office.
Congress should NOT be allowed to stock trade on info they receive while doing their job. It is insider trading; illegal for everyone else.

I am so disgusted by the current Congress. That is where the changes need to take place if you want to effect good lasting change. Get rid of the old timers -they have sold their souls to the devil for money. We need more people looking out for the 99%. We need people looking out for the future - not the 1%. We need to protect our air/water for future generations. China finally got a clue and is making changes.

Not a fan of Jeff Landry, but admire the fact that he put himself out there to safe guard offshore workers - GOOD FOR HIM! Let's see if he will look out for the other 99% or fill his pockets.
cajunfreak

Kinder, LA

#12 Dec 11, 2011
cajunfreak - even though I would defend your right to comment here; I don't know what you mean buy your last post.
The point is: Small businesses is what will put America's economy back on track. Expanded Medicare will give people the choice of working for the large corporations (not paying their fair share of taxes) or working for small businesses (Middle class with the tax burden).
Get rich quick people tend to want to work for large corporations (don't want to hear them whine when they are asked to sell the soul to the devil or get screwed over). Most Americans want to go to work with good pay and benefits (to include retirement); a family environment. They want to know that there will be job security; not put effort into a company that will be sold to a large corporation on a five year plan. Managers wonder why people are no longer loyal.
You have someone in office now that is a good man working on behalf of the 99%. Why would you trade him in on a 1% person?
Congress should be banned from becoming Lobbyist after leaving office.
Congress should NOT be allowed to stock trade on info they receive while doing their job. It is insider trading; illegal for everyone else.
I am so disgusted by the current Congress. That is where the changes need to take place if you want to effect good lasting change. Get rid of the old timers -they have sold their souls to the devil for money. We need more people looking out for the 99%. We need people looking out for the future - not the 1%. We need to protect our air/water for future generations. China finally got a clue and is making changes.
Not a fan of Jeff Landry, but admire the fact that he put himself out there to safe guard offshore workers - GOOD FOR HIM! Let's see if he will look out for the other 99% or fill his pockets.
we can agree on the old timers and the oil feild could be in great shape but obama is in the way its his falut the unelopment is where it is where is he oh yea on vaction again crying i might have a better opion of him if he would lead but all we hear is bush fault that is getting old
Is This Still America

Elton, LA

#13 Dec 11, 2011
cajunfreak

What are you talking about; how many vacation days did he take vs. W.? Let's tell the truth here. He has a right to vacation time like everyone else. What about Congress taking a long weekend (this weekend) with all that is undone??????

Everyone keeps saying he is holding back the oilfield. How? Be VERY specific.

Turn off Fox News and get the facts straight.

Again, Obama is not the problem, Congress is. That is where we need to focus. All these countries where the people have thrown out the Gov't; it was found that the leaders (and Cabinet) were all getting rich at the expense of the working people. This is going on here and we can do something about it if we stand together. It is NOT Class Warfare; it is taking back what rightfully belongs to the working people. OWS have peaceful demonstrations, yet the police are hitting and pepper spraying; is this a Police State or America? The Repub candidates are in favor of this behavior and against the 99%. Think about it.
Jobs And Taxes

Kinder, LA

#14 Dec 18, 2011
http://motherjones.com/politics/2011/12/scott...

"First he gutted worker's rights, then slashed state education funding and dumbed-down sex ed. Next on Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker's hit list? Breast and cervical cancer screenings for women. Come January 1, Wisconsinites who rely on Planned Parenthood to access free cancer screenings may be out of luck." Read whole article.

Is this a preview for what is to come if a Repub wins the White House.

With insurance premiums sky rocketing, businesses will stop offering it (paying the majority of prem.) to its employees. What will you do then? The Repubs complain that there are too many on Welfare, yet where are the jobs? They want to keep healthcare in the "For Profit" industry, but don't want to pay prem. or help poor people. Wait a minute, isn't this the "Christian Party"? Can't be. A Christian Party won't hold the US hostage (withholding jobs in a desperate time) for higher profits. A Christian Party would be in favor of healthcare for ALL Americans; not just the 1%. I am VERY confused about their religion.

If you don't stand up now, no one will stand up for you when you are affected - its all relative!

Its not a secret, the Repub Candidates are all in favor of the 1%. They tell you that at every debate and interview. All you have to do is listen.
Fair Wages for Women

Kinder, LA

#15 Apr 6, 2012
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/06/scot...

Scott Walker Quietly Repeals Wisconsin Equal Pay Law

It seems while Obama is supporting equal pay for women, Gov. Scott Walker of Wis. just threw a few hundred logs on the road to fair pay in Wis.

Do you see a pattern with Repub. Govs.?

Jindal and education and Walker with fair pay? Seems like they are cultivating their future careers rather than taking care of the hard working people in their states.
Green Goat

United States

#16 Apr 6, 2012
Fair Wages for Women wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ 2012/04/06/scott-walker-wiscon sin-equal-pay-law_n_1407329.ht ml
Scott Walker Quietly Repeals Wisconsin Equal Pay Law
It seems while Obama is supporting equal pay for women, Gov. Scott Walker of Wis. just threw a few hundred logs on the road to fair pay in Wis.
Do you see a pattern with Repub. Govs.?
Jindal and education and Walker with fair pay? Seems like they are cultivating their future careers rather than taking care of the hard working people in their states.
Pattern with Republican governors?
Yes! They seen to be idiots.
Who ever is paying their way has more say in policies than the voters.
It's been a long week.......
Fair Wages for Women

Kinder, LA

#17 Apr 7, 2012
Seems to me that Wallstreet "Global Corporations" are steering that Mac Truck.

If it continues, all efforts in the past to create a level playing field for the middle and working poor classes would have been for NOTHING!

Are we going to let this happen?

Keep in mind, the ones making these decisions DID NOT "WORK" for a living before they got rich. They worked the system. Not true American.

Clean out Congress in 2012!!!!! First start.
ALEC Exposed

Kinder, LA

#18 Apr 10, 2012
http://www.alecexposed.org/wiki/ALEC_Exposed

You have got to read this.

I did not know this existed, but explains alot about what has been going on on the state(s) level.

Click on State Bill Comparisons, then on Louisiana.
Mitts Friend

Kinder, LA

#19 Apr 15, 2012
Mitt Romney seems to be buddy buddy with Wis. Gov. Scott Walker who just " Quietly Repeals Wisconsin Equal Pay Law". This will affect women the most!

Did Mitt Romney's wife urge Mitt to side with Gov. Walker? Is this the economic advise she is giving her husband?
Call Me Al

Opelousas, LA

#20 Apr 16, 2012
Please wrote:
They would damn sure clean up before they left! What kind of "humans" do those kind of things anyway?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Coteau Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Louisiana... (Oct '10) 1 hr Living Wage 3,255
coach stelly for mayor (May '12) 11 hr U so stupid 29
Evangeline Downs Casino (Jun '08) Sat Eric 121
New Mayor of Arnaudville Fri Kathy is wrong 23
Church Point's Halloween Haunted Attraction Sep 11 cpgorilla1 5
Who will be the next Church Point Police Cheif ... Sep 11 lil bob 1
Why truthful discussions on topix erased? Sep 9 ADVOCATE 4 PPLE 1
•••
•••
Grand Coteau Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••