Immigrants - send them home one by one.

Combination

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Curious

Breaux Bridge, LA

#1 Apr 25, 2012
I can understand Arizona's frustration with illegal immigrants taking their citizens' jobs.

How can that be happening if the EMPLOYERS ARE NOT HIRING THEM?( I think that is the main issue.)

They come here for jobs, don't hire them, they don't come! With the economy slowing, they have stopped coming and alot have gone home. I guess this would be proof positive that EMPLOYERS NOT HIRING THEM WOULD KEEP MOST HOME.

Going after the illegal immigrants will mean some citizens will be targets too! I know, it's always OK when it is happening to someone else. How would you feel if you were here legally and were stopped and didn't have proof that you were a citizen with you?
Well...

United States

#2 Apr 25, 2012
I believe illegal immigrants that have committed crimes should be exported back to their country first.

That would be where I would start, and give their family the option going back with them.
Adios Contaminous

Houma, LA

#3 Apr 26, 2012
Free government benefits have to stop also! Most American citizens are not aware of just how many benifits these illegals are stealing from them!
Yep

Vacherie, LA

#4 Apr 26, 2012
I think everyone should be profiled. If you are a legal legitimate citizen you should not have a problem with it. They do it at airports everyday and now it is accepted as just the way it is. There is a process that must be followed to be in the United States. If there are illegals here then round up every single one and deport them. Then you will see the economy recover and things like social security, Medicare and other legitimate programs will flourish. It all has to stop. Stop all of the freebies. We have become a welfare nation because the government will not enforce the rules. This country is full of illegals and lazy ass people on welfare. The majority have their hands out wanting freebies.
Curious

Elton, LA

#5 Apr 26, 2012
I agree that illegal immigrants have broken the law by, first, coming here.

The US is a melting pot. By allowing law enforcement to stop people for paperwork would infringe on legal citizens' rights (just like voter photo ID's for the Nov. election). It would be like shoot first and ask questions later. I don't want a Police State environment. Do you?

Employers NOT hiring them, first step. Apparently the fines are NOT high enough. You know businesses look at the bottom line and maybe regard the fines, when caught, as a business expense. Maybe if it took a bigger bite out of the bottom line (profit Margin), and top management (keep in mind, most make millions in compensation - they won't if they hire Americans) put in jail, we would see a massive decline in illegal immigrants. No Job, No Come!

I DO NOT AGREE WITH WORK VISAs. IT WOULD BE THE SAME BEAT but, DIFFERENT SONG (Same result: hard working Americans would lose their jobs to foreigners). Again, we need good jobs w/benefits and retirement. Paul Ryan has it wrong. With more good jobs, the American Hard Working people can save Medicare and SS. That is the way to go! We are told, through action, that the For Profit healthcare market cannot do a good job; only rewards the GREEDY!

We are all God's children. We ALL have to follow the law; not just the citizens!
Yep

Vacherie, LA

#6 Apr 26, 2012
That is exactly why I choose to work overseas. Too much political bullshit here.
Curious

Elton, LA

#7 Apr 26, 2012
Yep wrote:
That is exactly why I choose to work overseas. Too much political bullshit here.
You are another country's problem (you are the immigrant taking their jobs).
Yep

Vacherie, LA

#8 Apr 26, 2012
Nope, just a white guy in a black country willing to work.
Curious

Elton, LA

#9 Apr 27, 2012
Yep wrote:
Nope, just a white guy in a black country willing to work.
No you know how they think.
Curious

Elton, LA

#10 Apr 27, 2012
Just think about it, if good jobs returned home, you would NOT have to go overseas!
Yep

Vacherie, LA

#11 Apr 27, 2012
The jobs here don't pay near what overseas jobs pay and the jobs here don't have a schedule like I have either.
Curious

Elton, LA

#12 Apr 27, 2012
Yep wrote:
The jobs here don't pay near what overseas jobs pay and the jobs here don't have a schedule like I have either.
You sound just like the illegal immigrants that come here. Can you hear yourself?
Yep

Prattville, AL

#13 Apr 27, 2012
Nope, I am in their country legally. There is a difference. All of my taxes are also paid to the United States. Do you even know what an illegal immigrant is? I work overseas because our dear president has the oilfield so effed up here it is not even funny. Don't you have a family to feed? Please make sure that you vote republican in November and we might see jobs flourish again in the United States. All democrats are worthless.
Action

Elton, LA

#14 Apr 27, 2012
Yep wrote:
Nope, I am in their country legally. There is a difference. All of my taxes are also paid to the United States. Do you even know what an illegal immigrant is? I work overseas because our dear president has the oilfield so effed up here it is not even funny. Don't you have a family to feed? Please make sure that you vote republican in November and we might see jobs flourish again in the United States. All democrats are worthless.
Dude: Turn off Fox News, NOW, before your brains goes dead. Just like here, the people of those other countries STILL SEE YOU AS ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS TAKING THEIR JOBS, because you DO NOT LIVE there and will send income to the US.
Watch or pick up any legimate news media and you will find out the truth about the oil industry in the US. Lease sales HAVE NOT slowed down. Pipeline companies have been VERY busy. Greedy Oil Companies want to pressure the Gov't to sell all the leases so they will have complete monopoly. Why else would they tell people that lease sales have slowed down. If we go along with this, we would box ourselves and our children in. Don't you want choices?
Was just reported the other day, the oil industry could provide 1M new jobs (NOT DIRECT OIL GOOD JOBS) in the next seven years if they could drill ANYWHERE THEY WANT TO. Sounds fishy to me. The majority of the new jobs created would be min. wage without beneftis or retirement. Then where would Medicare and SS be? There would be NO money for expansion of green industry.
It does NOT matter how much money you make today if there is NO Medicare or SS to fall back on once you finally retire. One cancer/heart disease diagnosis and you are BANKRUPT and at a time NO ONE WILL WANT TO HELP OR HIRE YOU. What part of that do you NOT understand?
Yep

Vacherie, LA

#15 Apr 27, 2012
Dude the lease sales are up only on federally owned land you dumbass, the monopoly is on the governments side of things not big oil. Yes I do want choices and we will have them right after November.
info

United States

#16 Apr 28, 2012
actually lease sales r down of fed lands because of obama , what's got the oil industry booming is all the private land that is being leased for drilling which he had nothing to do with but claims he did. the only federal leases he want to put up r ones nobody wants to drill on
Action

Elton, LA

#17 Apr 28, 2012
info wrote:
actually lease sales r down of fed lands because of obama , what's got the oil industry booming is all the private land that is being leased for drilling which he had nothing to do with but claims he did. the only federal leases he want to put up r ones nobody wants to drill on
Please source your comment. Please don't say FOX NEWS!

Based on your post, seems like Obama is doing the right thing. Prouction is UP (no matter where it comes from if you are correct), consumption is down and they are going after speculators (real issue here). Prices are going down; speculators are backing off. Still need strong WallStreet regs to keep them playing fair! You keep forgetting, Oil Cos. are Global Corporations. They DO NOT have to sell oil from US holes to the US. They will sell to the highest bidder!!!!!!

Oil cos. have RECORD profits (don't need subsidies and tax breaks). What part of that you DO NOT understand? Do you really want to give the power to Global Corporations, as Reagan wanted? These subsidies are needed to expand the green industry (Louisiana needs to be at the head of this so we are NOT left behind yet again!). I heard that Alaska's citizens get a check from the oil cos. each year; where is our check? The oil cos. should be taking care of our coast; are they?

Every time something comes up with a Corporation, a class action suit has to be filed (lawyers get richer and the injured parties get screwed), they DO NOT police/act on their own. Remember the bottom line (profit margin) trumps ALL!
Action

Elton, LA

#18 Apr 28, 2012
You people keep forgetting, WE ARE THE GOV'T!

And Mitt, Corporations ARE NOT people too; rather profit margins!
Congress and Immigration

Elton, LA

#19 May 2, 2012
http://www.centurylink.net/news/read.php...

A look at how Congress has dealt with immigration

Before you assign blame, you should read this article.

It wil change you mind.

We need to clean out Congress now!
Wasted Lives

Houma, LA

#20 May 2, 2012
The White House!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Coteau Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I'll be your mistress 20 hr money 14
Does anyone know how how Linda Dies died? Tue Enquiring mind 1
Cheater May 2 Aaa 1
Black women May 1 Pph 1
Secrets at Lowes (women who work there) (Jan '14) Apr 30 Barbie 14
Leonville ho's Apr 29 Holovar 15
paying for pu@@6 Apr 28 Tell me 11
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grand Coteau Mortgages