Jacksons Gap, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Give Me a Break wrote:
Who cares? They all are servants of the Alabama Teachers Union and they will give them any amount of money that they ask for at tax payer's expense and demand nothing in return except support for their re-election.
You should REALLY do some research. TEACHERS don't make crap! Many have TWO JOBS just to make ends touch(not meet)! They also spend their own personal money for classroom supplies because some parents cant or won't. They have been cut left and right by Alabama politicians and are making LESS than what they were 3-4 years ago. KNOWLEDGE IS POWER.
Give Me a Break

Foley, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>
You should REALLY do some research. TEACHERS don't make crap! Many have TWO JOBS just to make ends touch(not meet)! They also spend their own personal money for classroom supplies because some parents cant or won't. They have been cut left and right by Alabama politicians and are making LESS than what they were 3-4 years ago. KNOWLEDGE IS POWER.
Teachers chose their profession--didn't they? Did they think it paid more when they chose it? I'm tired of hearing teachers cry about their jobs. They get every holiday off, they get a retirement, they get health insurance, they get off all summer, they get teacher's days during the school year, they get free periods during the school day, they have job security and they have a Union that is constantly fighting for their welfare. Teachers should try working in the real world for a year or two and see how hard other people have it--that is if they could even get a job in the private sector after being cuddled by the protective school system for so long.
Give Me a Break

Foley, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

I forgot to add that for the 2nd time in Baldwin County, a referendum passed that costs taxpayers an additional 1% in sales tax on everything they buy and that money goes towards the educational system in addition to the huge amount of money in the County budget already designated for the school system. If a teacher is buying supplies for their students then they are stupid. Where is all of our tax money going? If teachers want to complain about how hard their lives are then they need to complain to the Board of Education, the School Administration and their Fully Funded Teacher's Union and not to us taxpayers--we are doing more than our fair share and only getting a 3rd rate school system for all of our tax dollars.
HerpADerp

Booneville, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

How dare you insult third rate school systems by saying Alabama schools are third rate.

Alabama schools are seventh rate at best.

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

HerpADerp wrote:
How dare you insult third rate school systems by saying Alabama schools are third rate.
Alabama schools are seventh rate at best.
"Time Is on My Side". HerpADerp is an idiot from Red bay that spams Topix boards in Corinth, Iuka, Burnsville, Florence, and Vernon.
be careful

Daphne, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

Does it really matter
webb

Dothan, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

One waste of money is bus driver driving buses home. I say leave all of them at school and save fuel.I watch one driver with hose in bus fuel tank getting fuel out of it while it was park at his home.
thetruth

Jefferson, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

If you are telling the truth you need to get photographs or video of the driver doing that. Along with bus number, tag number, etc.
webb wrote:
One waste of money is bus driver driving buses home. I say leave all of them at school and save fuel.I watch one driver with hose in bus fuel tank getting fuel out of it while it was park at his home.
Give Me a Break

Foley, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

Judged:

thetruth wrote:
If you are telling the truth you need to get photographs or video of the driver doing that. Along with bus number, tag number, etc. <quoted text>
Believe it or not, but just such a thing happened where I used to live. This was not a school bus driver but a County Commissioner who had the privilege of filling up his County furnished vehicle at the County building gas pump. He was videotaped filling-up several gas cans along with filling up his car. In order to make a strong case, the authorities were alerted to this and videotaped him doing this several times and arrested him. It was found out that he was filling up his farm equipment with the gasoline and he was found guilty, served a couple nights in the County jail, given a fine and ran out of office. After about four years, he once again ran for office and damn near won again. With all of the politicians who are also farmers in the South, I bet the taxpayers are keeping many a tractor running down the fields with all of the other politicians turning their backs.
thetruth

Cornelia, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2013

I'm sure the same thing probably goes on around here. Except for the people who do it never get prosecuted because they are friends with the right people or have the right last name.
Give Me a Break wrote:
<quoted text>
Believe it or not, but just such a thing happened where I used to live. This was not a school bus driver but a County Commissioner who had the privilege of filling up his County furnished vehicle at the County building gas pump. He was videotaped filling-up several gas cans along with filling up his car. In order to make a strong case, the authorities were alerted to this and videotaped him doing this several times and arrested him. It was found out that he was filling up his farm equipment with the gasoline and he was found guilty, served a couple nights in the County jail, given a fine and ran out of office. After about four years, he once again ran for office and damn near won again. With all of the politicians who are also farmers in the South, I bet the taxpayers are keeping many a tractor running down the fields with all of the other politicians turning their backs.
Close Distance

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

The best thing for all of you to do is to move out of Alabama and move to a state that doesn't require you to pay state tax. Alaska, Florida, Nevada, South Dakota, Texas, and Washington. You will make much much more money and your kids will get a better education.

Alabama is a state controlled by thieves. Thieves who are stealing from you and keeping your kids dumb while keeping you poor and broke.

Do yourself a favor and leave and don't worry about who they elect. Alabama elects people who are not qualified for the job but gives them the job based upon their social circles.. Nothing is more pathetic than a dumb hill billy except a dumb hill billy with power and control..
kissmyass

Enterprise, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

Hey azzhole you can just shut your trap talking about Alabama that way. I wouldn't take a crap in Atlanta, let alone live there. Take your bleeding heart liberal tail over to the Obamacare website and sign up for medicaid already.
Give Me a Break

Foley, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Close Distance wrote:
The best thing for all of you to do is to move out of Alabama and move to a state that doesn't require you to pay state tax. Alaska, Florida, Nevada, South Dakota, Texas, and Washington. You will make much much more money and your kids will get a better education.
Alabama is a state controlled by thieves. Thieves who are stealing from you and keeping your kids dumb while keeping you poor and broke.
Do yourself a favor and leave and don't worry about who they elect. Alabama elects people who are not qualified for the job but gives them the job based upon their social circles.. Nothing is more pathetic than a dumb hill billy except a dumb hill billy with power and control..
You are absolutely right. I'd like to vote for someone running for the State Board of Education in Alabama who will do more than just ask taxpayers to cough-up more money for education. Enough is enough of that. It has produced nothing. Why not try to better educate students with the millions and millions of dollars that are already designated for education for a change? All the State Board of Education is good for is collecting more tax dollars to increase the pay of teachers and school administrators and other staff and none of these raises ever results in better education for the students. Just look at the National statistics and you will see that Alabama has one of the worst education systems in the Country.
thetruth

Cornelia, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Fella you're gonna pay "tax" whether you know it or not. The average sales tax rate in GA is 7%, but your dear ole governor wants to raise that along with putting a tax on labor. Which will cause people living close to a state line to shop and have services performed in other states. But all you see on the news is that he has plans to eliminate the state income tax. We've got it way better than the people in Baldwin County AL other than them being on the beach, if my memory is correct their sales tax is 10% plus their property tax is crazy expensive. Their state income tax is about the same as ours. Nothing will change until people get off their apathetic a$$es and elect people who represent us and not the ones who give them the most bribes, I mean "campaign contributions".
Close Distance wrote:
thetruth

Cornelia, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

I agree with most of your post. Our local school system has spent millions upon millions trying to build a winning football program. 10+ coaches making top dollar, a multi million dollar stadium, a top of the line weight training room all paid for on the dimes of taxpayers. And the football team still sucks. The point is it takes talent, not money.
Give Me a Break wrote:
<quoted text>
You are absolutely right. I'd like to vote for someone running for the State Board of Education in Alabama who will do more than just ask taxpayers to cough-up more money for education. Enough is enough of that. It has produced nothing. Why not try to better educate students with the millions and millions of dollars that are already designated for education for a change? All the State Board of Education is good for is collecting more tax dollars to increase the pay of teachers and school administrators and other staff and none of these raises ever results in better education for the students. Just look at the National statistics and you will see that Alabama has one of the worst education systems in the Country.
Give Me a Break

Foley, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

"if my memory is correct their sales tax is 10% plus their property tax is crazy expensive."

It's 10% in Gulf Shores and Orange Beach so do your shopping and restauranting in Foley which is only 9%. Tanger Outlet is allowed to charge 9-1/2 percent for no good reason except thievery. Actually, property taxes are quite good if you own and live here because of the Homestead Act. That helps balance the very high sales tax a little bit.
Do you need a loan

Mclean, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Do you have problem in getting a loan from a bank or loan company??? We offer loans to serious and capable customers who can make their monthly installment within the agreed time. We give our loans at a low interest rate and we grant fast approval and transfer of the required loan amount. Contact us now on FinancialDepartment.online@gma il.com
thetruth

Cornelia, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

We have a homestead exemption here in Ga also, but it doesn't reduce the property tax by that much. With the high number of rental properties in your area (and up here also) it doesn't cost the county very much in missed revenue. I guess the homestead exemption is sort of like dangling a carrot on a stick.
Give Me a Break wrote:
"if my memory is correct their sales tax is 10% plus their property tax is crazy expensive."
It's 10% in Gulf Shores and Orange Beach so do your shopping and restauranting in Foley which is only 9%. Tanger Outlet is allowed to charge 9-1/2 percent for no good reason except thievery. Actually, property taxes are quite good if you own and live here because of the Homestead Act. That helps balance the very high sales tax a little bit.
Close Distance

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

kissmyass wrote:
Hey azzhole you can just shut your trap talking about Alabama that way. I wouldn't take a crap in Atlanta, let alone live there. Take your bleeding heart liberal tail over to the Obamacare website and sign up for medicaid already.
RFLMAO

I can just hear the hill billy ....
Shannon

Lincoln, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Wednesday Jul 23

@rhwm I agree which is why I support homeschooling! Our family uses http://wayhome.biz

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Grand Bay Discussions

Search the Grand Bay Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
AL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Alabama i... (Oct '10) Jul 27 Give me a break 203
Dog, team gone? (Sep '06) Jul 24 Venom 706
AL Who do you support for Governor in Alabama in 2... (Oct '10) Jun '14 Rep 704
AL Recent tornado outbreak in South may set new re... (Apr '11) Jun '14 ThomasA 416
Deputies dig into suspects' pasts after man die... Mar '14 Granddaughter 1
It's geaux time! Louisiana-based Rouses Markets... Feb '14 thetruth 2
AL Who do you support for Attorney General in Alab... (Oct '10) Nov '13 thetruth 115
•••
•••
•••
•••

Grand Bay Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Grand Bay People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••