Granby house fire investigation

Granby house fire investigation

There are 12 comments on the WTNH Hartford, New Haven and Connecticut story from Apr 5, 2008, titled Granby house fire investigation. In it, WTNH Hartford, New Haven and Connecticut reports that:

Granby _ Investigators are looking into the cause of a fire ripped through an historic home in Granby.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTNH Hartford, New Haven and Connecticut.

Neighbor

East Granby, CT

#1 Apr 5, 2008
WTF

Rutland, VT

#2 Apr 6, 2008
What a loss
concerned

Coram, NY

#3 Apr 7, 2008
I drive by the house nearly every day and have long admired it. And I was shocked and deeply saddened when I drove by and saw the damage on Sunday morning. My heart goes out to the family who lived there.
Granby

Granby, CT

#4 Apr 8, 2008
Thats my town and I heard about this first on my police scanner
Shelly

Granby, CT

#5 Dec 8, 2008
A terrible loss and especially this time of the year!
curious

Coram, NY

#6 Feb 12, 2009
Did they every discover what caused the fire? I notice the house & property are on the market "as is." Is the structure salvagable?
Gas Man

Granby, CT

#7 Feb 16, 2009
I tried Starbucks only once. Does that stuff do a job on your insides!
Tommy Torch

Granby, CT

#8 Feb 16, 2009
A candle on the floor started the fire! Nobody was home when it started! Some dead dogs the only winesses! Leave the candle burning so the dogs can see where they're going!

It's either arson or total stupidity.
curious

Coram, NY

#9 Feb 19, 2009
what happened to the family that lived there?
Questions remain

Granby, CT

#10 Feb 26, 2009
curious wrote:
what happened to the family that lived there?
Two guys lived there. I understand they owned other property, too. The house is going to be bulldozed and a new built further back.

I wonder how much insurance money the owners got.
curious

Coram, NY

#11 Mar 13, 2009
I had noticed the house was for sale for quite some time (felt like forever) a few years back. The real estate signs came down a year or so before the fire. Had the house changed hands at that time, or did the owners take the house off the market because they couldn't sell it?
Gertrud Craig

Crownsville, MD

#12 Sep 7, 2013
the best fr ee online dating website! video chat, send and receive messages, and flirts all free!! check it out! http://tinyurl.com/kppcsxq

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Granby Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Gay Marriage - Granby, CT (Oct '11) Jul '15 Jake-O- Al 6
Camp Manitook (May '10) Jun '15 linda ingle myers 18
Granby Town Manager B. S. (Apr '14) Apr '14 Rich 1
News Former Granby Police Captain David Bourque Expe... (Jul '11) Mar '14 Dead Pig 5
Hoover ball plant (Mar '14) Mar '14 Ryan 1
Vandsalized House Old Hartford Road (Feb '14) Feb '14 GvlGrl1 1
Granby Motel (Oct '13) Oct '13 Granby Resident 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Granby Mortgages