Bridge Contract Awarded

Bridge Contract Awarded

There are 5 comments on the Hartford Courant story from May 15, 2008, titled Bridge Contract Awarded. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

The town is receiving funding assistance under the federal Local Bridge Program administered by the Connecticut Department of Transportation .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

taxpayer

AOL

#1 May 16, 2008
Why fix this bridge, it's fine
Jeff H

Hamden, CT

#2 May 16, 2008
taxpayer wrote:
Why fix this bridge, it's fine
No, it's not!

Anyway, the contractor is decent people, Iexpect them to do a great job. I work for a competitor, by the way.
Get Real

Granby, CT

#3 May 16, 2008
bicycle lanes to no where...what a waste.
South End of Town

Granby, CT

#4 May 16, 2008
My fuel bill just went up another $100 a month because E. Granby couldn't do this project without keeping a lane open. Brilliant!
denman

Rocky Hill, CT

#5 May 16, 2008
Yep! Bike lanes and greenways (rails to trails)everything the majority of the people wanted. You ever see the crowds that flock to them. I say bring back rail service and get all the big trucks off the road, that will save fuel and wear on our infrustructure.
Of course the people who live in the Holcomb st area will be happy with the closer, less traffic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Granby Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Home owner Dec '16 Frustrated taxpayer 1
Camp Manitook (May '10) Sep '16 bettyharvey 24
News Towers Expected To Help Fill Cellphone Gaps (Jul '06) Jun '16 bill 3
News 2 Left Feet Blues Festival At Powder Ridge (Oct '15) Oct '15 bill 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Granby, CT (Oct '11) Jul '15 Jake-O- Al 6
Granby Town Manager B. S. (Apr '14) Apr '14 Rich 1
News Former Granby Police Captain David Bourque Expe... (Jul '11) Mar '14 Dead Pig 5

Granby Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Granby Mortgages