Legislature Fails To Act On Granby Sc...

Legislature Fails To Act On Granby School Request

There are 5 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Jun 3, 2009, titled Legislature Fails To Act On Granby School Request. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

It looks like students at Wells Road Intermediate School in Granby will be attending classes for 180 days after all.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

iCare

West Hartford, CT

#1 Jun 4, 2009
couldn't they just do a half day Saturday or two?
peanuts4sale

Vernon Rockville, CT

#2 Jun 4, 2009
Unfortunately I am sure similar situations will arise in the future. The early recommendation was to close the schools, then that was changed. I think the latest any school should go is June 30. Lawmakers should really re-think this one.
Former South End Boy

Kansas City, MO

#3 Jun 4, 2009
"The measure passed both the state House of Representatives and the state Senate, but wound up back before the Senate because of changes in the House."

They asked for an exception to the 180 day rule and it passed both chambers. What could the House have possibly changed that made a difference in a basic bill like this? This doesn't make sense.

I agree about the 1/2 day Saturdays. I recall doing that many years ago to make sure we weren't going to school in JUly after a bad winter.
Rhode Island Red

East Granby, CT

#4 Jun 4, 2009
What happened to the state statute that ends schools after June 30th?
Ricky

United States

#5 Jun 4, 2009
What about the budget?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Granby Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Camp Manitook (May '10) Sep 18 bettyharvey 24
News Towers Expected To Help Fill Cellphone Gaps (Jul '06) Jun '16 bill 3
News 2 Left Feet Blues Festival At Powder Ridge (Oct '15) Oct '15 bill 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Granby, CT (Oct '11) Jul '15 Jake-O- Al 6
Granby Town Manager B. S. (Apr '14) Apr '14 Rich 1
News Former Granby Police Captain David Bourque Expe... (Jul '11) Mar '14 Dead Pig 5
Hoover ball plant (Mar '14) Mar '14 Ryan 1

Granby Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Granby Mortgages