Harassment of civilians by use of the...

Harassment of civilians by use of the Police blotter

Posted in the Granby Forum

99vicbike

Boston, MA

#1 Aug 5, 2012
I think its time we stopped putting names of our local civilians in the police blotter for minor traffic and other violations. Unless the charges are actually proven this act can ruin peoples reputations and cause unnessesary shame. For example say a motorist is stopped and charged with dui. All of this is published. But if the motorist actually passes a sobriety test that is not published. So it is percieved that the motorist has broken the law. This black mark also somehow comes up on google the all knowing, It seems that no matter how much good a person is or how much he or she is contributing to our society This can only make the negative stand out and never give redemtion a chance. Frankly im tired of it. Im tired of the way our social news media has invaded our life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Granby Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Aloysius Royal and Life Church Mar '17 Anon 1
Home owner (Dec '16) Dec '16 Frustrated taxpayer 1
Camp Manitook (May '10) Sep '16 bettyharvey 24
News Towers Expected To Help Fill Cellphone Gaps (Jul '06) Jun '16 bill 3
News 2 Left Feet Blues Festival At Powder Ridge (Oct '15) Oct '15 bill 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Granby, CT (Oct '11) Jul '15 Jake-O- Al 6
Granby Town Manager B. S. (Apr '14) Apr '14 Rich 1

Granby Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance