Man Approaches Girls In East Granby

Man Approaches Girls In East Granby

There are 21 comments on the Hartford Courant story from May 15, 2007, titled Man Approaches Girls In East Granby. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

A man in his twenties approached two young girls on the greenway bike trail in East Granby Monday evening and asked the girls to take a walk with him, according to the resident state troopers' office.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
gina

Meriden, CT

#1 May 15, 2007
Why were 2 girls age 7 and 8 on a bike trail at 8:00 at night alone?
My My fr West Htfd

East Hartford, CT

#5 May 15, 2007
I asked myself the same thing!
Danger

Danbury, CT

#6 May 15, 2007
Way to tell this guy exactly where these two little girls live. Was it really necessary to give a street address?
Non-Believer

Hartford, CT

#7 May 15, 2007
Don't get me started on how people make these stories up. Some guy probably was walking along the route and they want attention. Guess what I know this post is going to get grief. Let it. I have a hard time believeing some of these stories. But don't get me wrong, if it is true, thank god these two girls are ok and shame on their parents for not being with them and taking care of them. 8:00 at my house is pretty damn dark. Parents here's your wake up call it's not the 60's and 70's anymore!! And the Courant should be ashamed for posting an address, even if it's NOT where they live, obviously it's close by.
Ms Walker

Oxford, CT

#8 May 15, 2007
Way to go Hartford Courant! Tell me, does the devil just sign the paychecks or give orders?
rob

Ellington, CT

#9 May 15, 2007
Animals among us...catch them cage them and in some cases put them to sleep...but no...some judge will just let him back on the streets to harm more children...great system....I'm disgusted with the way the politicans have allowed our children to be endangered...truly sickening
Officer Unfriendly

United States

#11 May 15, 2007
The story doesn't sound real to me.

“Water calm~No alligators?”

Since: May 07

Far Away from You

#12 May 15, 2007
Officer Unfriendly wrote:
The story doesn't sound real to me.
What kind of parents would let two young girls walk alone on a trail @ 8:00 pm? The parents are lucky that nothing happened to these kids THIS TIME. Also, if what they said is true, the man could be watching them and he just make good on his promise of coming back. Sometimes people who live in surburbia have the false illusion that their neighborhood is safe; therefore, they do stupid #2 like letting their children play on dark trails @ 8:00 @ night.

Since: Feb 07

moodus, CT

#13 May 15, 2007
1st...why is Sqeenter speaking in the 3rd person??? Have to tell you it is a little odd! Next I have to say I agree with Just tired....STUPID,STUPID,STUPID. WATCH YOUR CHILDREN PEOPLE! You never know who else might be watching them! It sure isn't like when we all grew up 20 plus years ago.

Since: Apr 07

Stafford Springs, CT

#14 May 15, 2007
for those asking why the girls were out on the trail at 8pm.....their property abbutts the trail. my friends live just down the road, and the trail is right next to their back yard.....
St Michael the Archangel

Cary, NC

#15 May 15, 2007
Maybe Jude was their Guardian Angel. I guess the girls didn't want to be "Touched by an Angel".

“Water calm~No alligators?”

Since: May 07

Far Away from You

#16 May 15, 2007
Misplaced Priority wrote:
for those asking why the girls were out on the trail at 8pm.....their property abbutts the trail. my friends live just down the road, and the trail is right next to their back yard.....
If the trail was right near their back yard then how come the parents did not know this was occuring. At 8:00 pm it is quite dark. And the trails I know about are usually darker becuase of all the trees... Negligent parents if I do say so myself.

“Lloyd Schieldge”

Since: May 07

Richmond Virginia

#18 May 15, 2007
I don't care if the back yards do back up to the trail, there have been several little girls that have been snatched right out of their bedrooms.(See Crimelibrary.com ) Little people need to be looked after. Thank God these two girls were taught not to talk to strangers.
jteast hampton

Meriden, CT

#19 May 16, 2007
Non-Believer wrote:
Don't get me started on how people make these stories up. Some guy probably was walking along the route and they want attention. Guess what I know this post is going to get grief. Let it. I have a hard time believeing some of these stories. But don't get me wrong, if it is true, thank god these two girls are ok and shame on their parents for not being with them and taking care of them. 8:00 at my house is pretty damn dark. Parents here's your wake up call it's not the 60's and 70's anymore!! And the Courant should be ashamed for posting an address, even if it's NOT where they live, obviously it's close by.
DITTO< Probably over reaction as usual. Let's see, walking on a public trail & should you say anything to a child you are immediately a suspest for something the corrupt cops make up in conjuction with the complaitents. Gives them something to do. Cannot find enough people to save who are not wearing their seat belts. God forbid you should say something to a kid , you are automatically a child molester. Sounds as if all of these police departments are taking STUPIDITY lessons from the state champs in stupidity. The PD right here in East Hampton.
Well I have to go and run an errand right here in East Hampton without a seatbelt and talking on my cell phone while trying not to look in the direction of a child.
Rob

Wethersfield, CT

#20 May 16, 2007
Hey, it may have been overreaction, but at leas something is being done about it.

It is a bit odd for a 20-something year old guy to be trying to go for a walk with 7/8 year old girls?
Chelsea

Granby, CT

#22 Apr 14, 2008
This story is very real. I know the 2 little girls and their parents. It wasnt at 8:00 at night, it was in the afternoon around 4 maybe. It isnt an over reaction. Wouldnt you ppl freak if some guy came up to your 7 and 8 year old kids, asking if they would go for a walk with him?????? Thats messed up.
Who Me

United States

#23 Apr 14, 2008
None of you were there. No one knows what actually took place. A poster has even brought up the possibility of a FOUR HOUR difference between the times this "incident" took place. The way people add their own scenarios and toss paranoid innuendo around is laughable.
Chelsea

Granby, CT

#24 Apr 14, 2008
Who Me wrote:
None of you were there. No one knows what actually took place. A poster has even brought up the possibility of a FOUR HOUR difference between the times this "incident" took place. The way people add their own scenarios and toss paranoid innuendo around is laughable.
The matter of the fact is that the girls were asked by a complete stranger if they wanted to go for a walk. Thats just a little sketchy. That is the important thing. Just because no one can seem to get the facts straight doesnt matter, what matters is that the 2 girls avoided a very serious situation. You dont even know these ppl. So your talking about how no one knows what rly happend.Well you dont know what happened either, so just mind your own buisness. Dont talk smack if you dont know your facts.
Who Me

United States

#25 Apr 14, 2008
Chelsea wrote:
<quoted text>
The matter of the fact is that the girls were asked by a complete stranger if they wanted to go for a walk. Thats just a little sketchy. That is the important thing. Just because no one can seem to get the facts straight doesnt matter, what matters is that the 2 girls avoided a very serious situation. You dont even know these ppl. So your talking about how no one knows what rly happend.Well you dont know what happened either, so just mind your own buisness. Dont talk smack if you dont know your facts.
You're right. I don't know what happened. Neither do you. Did you hear the strange mystery man ask the girls anything? How can you say it's a "fact"? Getting the "facts" straight is very important, especially if this is just a bunch of malarkey. And what is "smack"? Whatever it is, you must be talking it also because YOU don't know the facts, either. You only know what you've read or been told. And for what it's worth, Topix is everyone's business.
walker

Windsor, CT

#26 Apr 14, 2008
Amazing how life in the United States has degenerated to the point where the guy is considered a criminal for having done nothing criminal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Granby Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Aloysius Royal and Life Church Mar '17 Anon 1
Home owner (Dec '16) Dec '16 Frustrated taxpayer 1
Camp Manitook (May '10) Sep '16 bettyharvey 24
News Towers Expected To Help Fill Cellphone Gaps (Jul '06) Jun '16 bill 3
News 2 Left Feet Blues Festival At Powder Ridge (Oct '15) Oct '15 bill 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Granby, CT (Oct '11) Jul '15 Jake-O- Al 6
Granby Town Manager B. S. (Apr '14) Apr '14 Rich 1

Granby Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Granby Mortgages