Weatherford's Waller resigns

Nov 14, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Rivals.com

Weatherford becomes the first North Texas Class 5A program to be searching for a new football coach following the end of the regular season last Saturday.

Comments
1 - 20 of 45 Comments Last updated Nov 29, 2012
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
txmommyof2

Weatherford, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Good! Maybe our football team will start to win some games! This is a step in the right direction!
Cowboy

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

txmommyof2 wrote:
Good! Maybe our football team will start to win some games! This is a step in the right direction!
Do they need coaching or talent?
txmommyof2

Weatherford, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

I am sure we need both! I guess we will find out once we get a new coach! There is a lot of talent coming up, in the 7th and 6th grade right now! Now if we can just keep our talent from moving to Aledo, we just might have a team!
clarence

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

did you attend the Bowie or Martin games this season? we need a busload of talent to miraculously move in. easy to blame coach.
txmommyof2

Weatherford, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

clarence wrote:
did you attend the Bowie or Martin games this season? we need a busload of talent to miraculously move in. easy to blame coach.
Did you read my post? I said it was both talent and coaching. I said the coach leaving was a step in the right direction, I didn't say it was going to completely fix the problem. There IS talent coming up from the younger grades. Looking forward to the future!
Watchdog member

Coppell, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

txmommyof2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you read my post? I said it was both talent and coaching. I said the coach leaving was a step in the right direction, I didn't say it was going to completely fix the problem. There IS talent coming up from the younger grades. Looking forward to the future!
The bigest problem with the football in this town is the football parents and fans who have completely lost perspective and their reason over this game. All you have to do is take a long objective look at the new stadium and that is just the tip of the iceberg. Too much importance is placed on winning at any cost and the pressure put on kids to be winners above all. Academics have been pushed to the background and the push on the kids to make sports the way to sucess is really a bad thing. The values the kids are being taught is really setting them up for disappointment and it is wrong. How many "really" get scholarships and how many go on to professional ball from here? The sports mania has gotten way out of hand and it seems the parents competitiveness is the culprit. The sports especially football has become more important than academics. We are producing a generation of mixed up future citizens and the cost will be really high. The signs are already apparent, take a long look at the whole picture here in our town and the whole state. Check out our standings in education levels nationwide and think about it.
teatrut

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Talent and coaching is no the problem with Weatherford Football. The program if you can call it that is run evey year by parents always has been. The well to do parents that is, heaven fobid little Johhn's dad cannot o around town sayin his son starts for he football team. Hell when I graduated back in the mid earl 90's the best athelets would not go near the football team. We knew that Bourquin would play who evr he was told to keep his job for another year regrdless of the outcome. This went on fom th mid 1980 until now. there were a couple of good years in the late 90's but that coach was ran off because the parents could no control him. Weatherford has always lived in a bubble where the real world does not effct them. However, when they venture out they get thier teeth kick in and run back home. Weatherford football has a problem alright its called the parents. We need to quit wasying money on this program and burry into the histoy books. The program has lon been he laughing stock of the dfw area. Any coach that takes the job understands the score before he takes the job. Nothing more than an overpaid figure head. Its time o top wasting tax payer money on a useless program that does not produce results.
clarence

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

TM you again don't organize your arguments worth a damn. "The biggest problem.....Too much importance is placed on winning." They won three games out of ten this season. Man, I would hate to see what happened if they placed more influence on losing.
And you fling the stadium against your wall of shame--saving money by remodeling modestly over building a new Mineral Wells, Aledo, Allen stadium at an estimated cost to taxpayers of $13 million. How is that out of whack? You try to push everything Weatherford into a vile, witch's brew of a pot. The city government, the county government, the local businesses and Chamber, WEDA, all have been in the crosshairs of your demented rants. Nobody in this geographic area, except you, has any sense. Out of 100,000 citizens, Parker County only has about a few with any sense or morals. Listen to yourself. It is comical. The Buddah said, "Right thinking, right speaking, right living." You are woefully lacking.
I would tell you to keep your comments to something you have some knowledge of, but cawing crows can't be silenced.
WISD has an outstanding academic record and graduation rate. Again, get back to painting Waymon and Craig with your witch's brush, leave the county's school districts alone.
You should have to have graduated from high school to spout opinions about education.
teatrut

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Oh and send th booster club packing!
clarence

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Nobody wants to recognize the 300 pound gorilla in the Texas education room: the flood of Mexicans who we must provide an education for, who are lacking in English reading, writing and speaking skills. Their test scores count triple against the other students and the scores are terrible.
Teatrut, you paint too with a broad brush. Many starters this year come from very poor situations. Some of the other parents act as foster parents for them. Bourquin was over 20 years ago for gosh sakes. You have some huge chip on your shoulder, AND you need to go back to GED class with TM for some spelling or typing help. So the emphasis should be on winning? Or quit? Great philosophy dude.
Make sure you get those wheels clean and wipe off my rear windshield.
teatrut

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Clareance,

I see you have been watching way to muh Fox News what does immagration have to do with the crappy football team that is run by a bunch of near do well parents? nothing. You cannot argue what I posted and the rcord of the team speaks volumes it aint the coaching ! Shut the damn thing down
clarence

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

i was referring to previous post saying too much emphasis on football and WINNING!!??? and not on academics. your portion of my comment started in third sentence. and you have not been in classroom lately to see what i was talking about. it's true and it has nothing to do with my politics or personal feelings. i have hispanic friends and family members.
teatrut

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Oh you have hispanic friends do you and famil members?? LMAO. I didnt know this was grammr class as well. My point is enough money has been wasted in this town on a football program that does not win. Just so Johnny's daddy can relive his high school days.
Watchdog member

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

teatrut wrote:
Oh you have hispanic friends do you and famil members?? LMAO. I didnt know this was grammr class as well. My point is enough money has been wasted in this town on a football program that does not win. Just so Johnny's daddy can relive his high school days.
The school district sucks up way over 50% of our tax dollars with little restraint upon how they spend it. The school board is an elected group of good ole alumni for the most part. It is almost a closed club, it is like pulling teeth to get info on openings on that board so anyone from outside the click could possibly get involved to run for a seat. Check out how long some of the current members have been on and off the board continually for years. Attend a few meetings and see how your comments are received if at all. Get the picture? IT is a cause of the over funded football program. No one is saying the kids should not play the sport, but it needs to take a back seat to more serious needs like academics. Look into the way the other sports are supported with funds compaired to the football program. The whole state has a problem in this area and has for decades. Texas is falling behind in all the important areas in education for sure.
clarence

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

The president of the board attended school in Fort Worth. Paschall did not grow up in Weatherford. Cowley grew up in Jacksboro. Young, who just went off the board, graduated from Aledo. That's what I know from just reading the local paper. Hooks went to school in Levelland for much of his youth, not sure of Wirtenan or the new guy. So you just made up your second sentence. Like most of your posts, TM. Full of misinformation.
clarence

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Tea, if Lockheed loses out on bids for government contracts you think they should just quit and start making Twinkies? Practice, preparation, teamskills don't count for anything? I didn't play that particular sport. We didn't win district in the sport I played, but I remember it mostly with positive thoughts. And you inferred that I was racist (Fox news). Take your twittertalk and shove it up your A.
txmommyof2

Weatherford, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

ObamaN2012 wrote:
<quoted text>I understand this is Texas and high school football is on a level with religion, but get a grip, dude.

The game is for the kids who love to play football. Sure, every player prefers wins over losses, but win or lose, as adults they will look back and understand that, win/lose records aside, they got a lot more out of playing, learning to work as a team, developing friendships, and growing into men who have their priorities straight was what they gained from their experiences playing high school football. They will understand that their high school football experience was much more important to them than their won/loss record.

The money spent on high school extra-curricular activities including sports is not wasted simply because the team is not a powerhouse or even a consistent winner. If anyone is obviously living vicariously through the Weatherford High School football program, it's you.

High school football is for the guys who love to play football just like the drama club is for the students who love to act and the band is for kids who love to play music. None of those activities exist to give you something to brag about.
I completely agree with all that you said here!
txmommyof2

Weatherford, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

clarence wrote:
TM you again don't organize your arguments worth a damn. "The biggest problem.....Too much importance is placed on winning." They won three games out of ten this season. Man, I would hate to see what happened if they placed more influence on losing.
And you fling the stadium against your wall of shame--saving money by remodeling modestly over building a new Mineral Wells, Aledo, Allen stadium at an estimated cost to taxpayers of $13 million. How is that out of whack? You try to push everything Weatherford into a vile, witch's brew of a pot. The city government, the county government, the local businesses and Chamber, WEDA, all have been in the crosshairs of your demented rants. Nobody in this geographic area, except you, has any sense. Out of 100,000 citizens, Parker County only has about a few with any sense or morals. Listen to yourself. It is comical. The Buddah said, "Right thinking, right speaking, right living." You are woefully lacking.
I would tell you to keep your comments to something you have some knowledge of, but cawing crows can't be silenced.
WISD has an outstanding academic record and graduation rate. Again, get back to painting Waymon and Craig with your witch's brush, leave the county's school districts alone.
You should have to have graduated from high school to spout opinions about education.
What does TM mean?
Watchdog member

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

ObamaN2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
TM is Tawni Maughan.
There is every indication and good reason to observe that Tawni Maughan is so full of frustration and purely vicious hatred for not being looked on as one of Weatherford's movers and shakers that she vents on TOPIX with numerous different TOPIX IDs. She's been caught more than a few times claiming she is not using an ID that is patently and obviously hers, including posts from Indonesia as an interested long distance observer of local Weatherford politics who just happened to agree with Tawni and who just happened to be posting on TOPIX during the time Tawni was in Indonesia herself.
The many similarities between Tawni's Facebook page posts and her TOPIX posts as "Return to Old Values" and the multitude of other ones she uses can not be sloughed off as coincidence.
Just keep on assuming all the posts that disagree with you are Tawni. That way you look really foolish and simple minded for all to see. Most everyone who isn't a football nut in the "adult" world here knows what is wrong fwith the sports section of our public schools. Guess Waller got fed up with the old grads and the idiot parents and is moving on. Hope the kids get someone who will be in their corner and let them enjoy the sport as it should be. The competition between all the school districts to have the biggest and most expensive stadium and football arena is out of control and the taxpayers need to get a grip on the various school boards spending habits including outrageous salaries for superintendents and pricipals and ect. Most fooks have no idea the sized of those salaries and the perks attached to them.
clarence

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Good try WM. You looked like a legitimate, concerned poster until the TM "tell"--the old et cetera! It's etc. not ect. You keep making the same mistake over and over. Much like your bids for public office.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Granbury News Video

•••
•••

Granbury Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Granbury People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE