Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns ...

Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt...

There are 8238 comments on the PRWeb story from Feb 4, 2007, titled Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt.... In it, PRWeb reports that:

Patients should review the latest recall information to see if they have been implanted with the recalled device and seek medical attention if symptoms such as unexplained or persistent abdominal pain, fever, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at PRWeb.

Natl Meshoma Foundation

Pompano Beach, FL

#7241 Feb 5, 2013
Please check the following link, or go to Medical Device Newsdesk by Jane Akre to follow the gyno mesh trial in N.J. Click on the second segment to read some of the testimony by Dr. Klinge. The expert Dr. Klinge testified today that he had warned Ethicon of problems with polypropylene gyno meshes, they chose to sell the device anyway and numerous women were severely injured.
If you have had an Ethicon produced mesh device, and have had validation by scan, explant operative note or consult that your mesh had contracted, shrunk, broken, migrated and eroded causing your pain and injuries, please call Ethicon customer service and make an adverse event report. Ask the rep if Ethicon had prior knowledge of these complications if your device was implanted since 2007. If the rep tells you "no" then contact the FDA Office of Criminal Investigation in your area, file a complaint and request an investigation into the matter. Make sure you get the name of the Ethicon rep and a report number. Then call the FDA to file an Adverse Event Maude report, tell them you have already spoken with Ethicon but that you want a confirmed follow up to your report.
You can make a difference, help us to document the severity of these mesh complications by making your report.
Thanks and feel better, below see link:

http://meshmedicaldevicenewsdesk.com/author/a...

Bruce
Lynn

Talladega, AL

#7242 Feb 6, 2013
Question in hopig someone may be able to help. I did try searching for information. Ok back in 2010 I had Lap Surgery for recurrence ventral hernia heavy adhesion scar tissue, adbominal rebuild.Dia Recti. Repaired with Proceed mesh 31 titanium tacks,been to surgeon that did the surgery, says its ok. Now I have to setup for a new family ,general doctor, for my fam doc, quit his practice due to family health issues in another state. He already sent med records to him. Appointment set for this Thursday, Question, Ok to me one of the porthole really never healed right. It feels like their maybe a titanium tack in the same spot. Here this pass week this area feels swollen, like baseball, To me it feels like start of new hernia, all the signs are their. Concern this new doc going to brush it off.

Since: Nov 12

Baulkham Hills, Australia

#7243 Feb 6, 2013
Natl Meshoma Foundation wrote:
Please check the following link, or go to Medical Device Newsdesk by Jane Akre to follow the gyno mesh trial in N.J. Click on the second segment to read some of the testimony by Dr. Klinge. The expert Dr. Klinge testified today that he had warned Ethicon of problems with polypropylene gyno meshes, they chose to sell the device anyway and numerous women were severely injured.
If you have had an Ethicon produced mesh device, and have had validation by scan, explant operative note or consult that your mesh had contracted, shrunk, broken, migrated and eroded causing your pain and injuries, please call Ethicon customer service and make an adverse event report. Ask the rep if Ethicon had prior knowledge of these complications if your device was implanted since 2007. If the rep tells you "no" then contact the FDA Office of Criminal Investigation in your area, file a complaint and request an investigation into the matter. Make sure you get the name of the Ethicon rep and a report number. Then call the FDA to file an Adverse Event Maude report, tell them you have already spoken with Ethicon but that you want a confirmed follow up to your report.
You can make a difference, help us to document the severity of these mesh complications by making your report.
Thanks and feel better, below see link:
http://meshmedicaldevicenewsdesk.com/author/a...
Bruce
I hope you are not one of the parisites that come onto this forum to do some fishing, and have absolutely no regard for us for suffer because of mesh. I had two mesh products implanted one Surgi Pro and the other Biodesign Surgisis, and some of my health issues is ongoing infection and when I do number 2, I feel like I am passing razor blades, which now I feel the razor blades inside 24/7. I researched the Surgisis and yes made of pig, but guess what no matter what chemical they hit it with does not get rid off whatever disease the pig was carrying at the time they used it for this mesh, and also it stated that this Surgisis is used in contaminated/infected sites/wounds. I had a prolapse of my pelvic floor/wall and bowel, no infection then. If you have some useful advice I would love to hear it, including if there has been any legal proceeding against Cook Medical Pty Ltd, whom I understand make this horrific product. Yours truly Down Under.
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

#7244 Feb 6, 2013
Sonia_59 wrote:
<quoted text> I hope you are not one of the parisites that come onto this forum to do some fishing, and have absolutely no regard for us for suffer because of mesh. I had two mesh products implanted one Surgi Pro and the other Biodesign Surgisis, and some of my health issues is ongoing infection and when I do number 2, I feel like I am passing razor blades, which now I feel the razor blades inside 24/7. I researched the Surgisis and yes made of pig, but guess what no matter what chemical they hit it with does not get rid off whatever disease the pig was carrying at the time they used it for this mesh, and also it stated that this Surgisis is used in contaminated/infected sites/wounds. I had a prolapse of my pelvic floor/wall and bowel, no infection then. If you have some useful advice I would love to hear it, including if there has been any legal proceeding against Cook Medical Pty Ltd, whom I understand make this horrific product. Yours truly Down Under.
Sonia, Bruce is a Dear and Valued friend. He is one of the people that started this site and does tons of work behind the scenes to help all of us. When Bruce talks.....I listen. Best Wishes

Since: Nov 12

Baulkham Hills, Australia

#7245 Feb 8, 2013
All Meshed Up wrote:
<quoted text> Sonia, Bruce is a Dear and Valued friend. He is one of the people that started this site and does tons of work behind the scenes to help all of us. When Bruce talks.....I listen. Best Wishes
Hi, sorry, but as we all know some of the people whom have come on this forum, came for their own agendas. I apologise, I will listen. I am new to this mesh fiasco. I have had a recent radiolabeled white cell blood scan to show any infections from the mesh, all I got was a enlarged liver and spleen. I have never trusted radioligist and they have proved wrong in the past, but can an infection from the mesh cause an enlarged liver and spleen. The other thing this Biodesign Surgisis, is absobarble, so it has absorbed itself into my tissues organs, God knows what it contains. If you or anyone had an enlarged spleen or liver after an infection from mesh please let me know. I have never had trouble with my liver or spleen or hernias prior to the surgery involving the mesh. Sorry again Bruce. Kind regards Sonia
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

#7246 Feb 8, 2013
Sonia_59 wrote:
<quoted text>Hi, sorry, but as we all know some of the people whom have come on this forum, came for their own agendas. I apologise, I will listen. I am new to this mesh fiasco. I have had a recent radiolabeled white cell blood scan to show any infections from the mesh, all I got was a enlarged liver and spleen. I have never trusted radioligist and they have proved wrong in the past, but can an infection from the mesh cause an enlarged liver and spleen. The other thing this Biodesign Surgisis, is absobarble, so it has absorbed itself into my tissues organs, God knows what it contains. If you or anyone had an enlarged spleen or liver after an infection from mesh please let me know. I have never had trouble with my liver or spleen or hernias prior to the surgery involving the mesh. Sorry again Bruce. Kind regards Sonia
To the Rack with you! Off with your head! No worries Sonia. We DO get a lot of vultures, parasites and such on this site. Bruce does not come up on the site as much as he used to so when you do see his post it is usually a good one. Bruce Rosenburg has used his time, money and his personal experiences with mesh to try to educate and help other victims of this epidemic. Because of this he has become a target for the FDA and other entities within the Government and the manufacturers consortium. Not only has mesh had effects on his body but, as with all of us, the damage has extended itself into his personal and financial life. Bruce is MY hero. He saved my life by giving me hope that there will be a resolution to OUR life with mesh. He and I have gone through the loss of Lawyers that dropped us like hot potatoes after the Supreme Court ruling a few years ago. We went through the absolutely soul draining experience of realizing that the battle we thought that we had a pretty good handle on was nothing of the sort. He has helped me to realize that I ( and he ) will probably, most likely , never see any compensation what so ever from the manufacturers of the mesh that ruined our lives. That realization almost killed me. The thought that after everything that I have gone through and continue to go through will NEVER be resolved put me in a tail spin to suicide. Bruce gave me the strength to persevere and to turn my depression into a mind set to help other victims and to bring to light the corruption that is the FDA and manufacturers of mesh. I will never be able to repay that debt to Bruce. And yes Bruce, I still want our day in court when the manufacturers will have to face the two of us with one set of balls! My Best Wishes to you All. File another MAUDE report and remind the FDA that we are still here and we are PISSED OFF and REFUSE TO GO AWAY!
Victim PATIENT

Richmond, CA

#7247 Feb 8, 2013
Attorneys At Law who put together a CLASS ACTION should also RESEARCH:

PENILE ATROPHY - Many, many, many men have suffered from Penile Atrophy.

Just GOOGLE it.

Nobody from a legal point of view is 'representing' this defect from the surgery. Worst thing is the doctors don't tell you that....this could happen they are interested to pick up their $3k for each hernia that they 'repair'. My doc was board certified and severed my nerve so bad i have NO feeling in my right inner thigh from 6 YEARS AGO from when I had the surgery. Penile atrophy on top of that...

Where are the all the Attorneys when you need them?
Terlin

Wayne, MI

#7248 Feb 8, 2013
Anybody have any Strange autoamunne reactions from mesh with defacting and urinating problems, pain through out whole body loosing mind intolarance to hot or cold, muscle loss lack of memory and ringing in ears feeling confused no concentration. Please list your symptoms and test and if resove. Writing this for my brother no help from any drs. Thank you
Sheila

United States

#7249 Feb 8, 2013
Sonia,I had my first hernia surgery in 2006. Soon after,started having all sort of problems to include enlarged liver and spleen. I was terrified, thinking of lukemia. I also started having trouble with bowel movements,diarrhea/constipatio n and urination,and still does to this day. After having an upper lower scan,report showed colitis.I had never had any of these problems. I was only 39 years old. Mesh has really destroyed my life. I have a 10 yr old child.

Since: Nov 12

Baulkham Hills, Australia

#7250 Feb 8, 2013
All Meshed Up wrote:
<quoted text> To the Rack with you! Off with your head! No worries Sonia. We DO get a lot of vultures, parasites and such on this site. Bruce does not come up on the site as much as he used to so when you do see his post it is usually a good one. Bruce Rosenburg has used his time, money and his personal experiences with mesh to try to educate and help other victims of this epidemic. Because of this he has become a target for the FDA and other entities within the Government and the manufacturers consortium. Not only has mesh had effects on his body but, as with all of us, the damage has extended itself into his personal and financial life. Bruce is MY hero. He saved my life by giving me hope that there will be a resolution to OUR life with mesh. He and I have gone through the loss of Lawyers that dropped us like hot potatoes after the Supreme Court ruling a few years ago. We went through the absolutely soul draining experience of realizing that the battle we thought that we had a pretty good handle on was nothing of the sort. He has helped me to realize that I ( and he ) will probably, most likely , never see any compensation what so ever from the manufacturers of the mesh that ruined our lives. That realization almost killed me. The thought that after everything that I have gone through and continue to go through will NEVER be resolved put me in a tail spin to suicide. Bruce gave me the strength to persevere and to turn my depression into a mind set to help other victims and to bring to light the corruption that is the FDA and manufacturers of mesh. I will never be able to repay that debt to Bruce. And yes Bruce, I still want our day in court when the manufacturers will have to face the two of us with one set of balls! My Best Wishes to you All. File another MAUDE report and remind the FDA that we are still here and we are PISSED OFF and REFUSE TO GO AWAY!
Hi thank you to you and Bruce. Well I got the test results and guess what they are f....bloody wrong, I have come to the conclusion that most radiologist are drop kick drongos. They came up with the enlarge spleen and liver, and yes I looked it up and it can be caused by infection...The Biodesign Surgisis made out of pig, is totally absorbable so whatever disease virus etc the pig had at the time of harvesting, I now have cirulating in my body. The other mesh, the Colorectal Surgeon felt in in my private part this would be the Surgio Pro, and I dear say its on the move. I faced over 6 years of hell and chronic pain 13/10 every day 24/7, and the radiologist fucked it up, doctors did not want to know because it was Workers'Comp, if I have to through this for 6 years, I probably will commit suicide. Kind regards Sonia
Chuck

Sylacauga, AL

#7252 Feb 9, 2013
? Are mesh recurrenance hernias of adbominal with multi other med problems counted as a disability with SS?
Helen

Paradise Valley, AZ

#7253 Feb 9, 2013
What could be the reason behind this? Aren't medical establishments or practitioners supposedly the first to get the memo when recalls are conducted?
http://www.bladderslingrecall.us

Since: Nov 12

Baulkham Hills, Australia

#7254 Feb 9, 2013
Sheila wrote:
Sonia,I had my first hernia surgery in 2006. Soon after,started having all sort of problems to include enlarged liver and spleen. I was terrified, thinking of lukemia. I also started having trouble with bowel movements,diarrhea/constipatio n and urination,and still does to this day. After having an upper lower scan,report showed colitis.I had never had any of these problems. I was only 39 years old. Mesh has really destroyed my life. I have a 10 yr old child.
Hi Sheila, I am really sorry to hear this. I am 53 years old, and initially my surgery was for a collapsed pelvic floor/wall and bowel, absolutely no hernias, on top of everything I now have two, and of course, the horrific problems with my bowel, and now the enlarged spleen and liver. I know that I have horrific infections on top of everything else and now I am consideringb seeing an infection disease specialists in Brisbane Australia. I wish you all the best, and only sufferes of this terrible mesh crisis know how each feels, we may have all the symptoms or just some. The other thing I am sleeping 16 hours per day and have no energy. Kind regards Sonia
ALIEN BABY

Woodbine, NJ

#7256 Feb 10, 2013
cannot post or copy her message, its against federal law!! I guess covering this up is covered by federal law. so frustrating!
Linda

United States

#7257 Feb 10, 2013
I had my hernia's repaired in San Diego in 1992 and they used the Marlex Hernia Mesh. I have my medical records from them and it was in them. I now have an autoimmunde disease and am researching if it is from the Mesa that goes from my diaphragm to my pubis.
AnySuggestion wrote:
I was wondering if anyone knows what kind of meshes were used for hernia surgeries in 1995? I realize this may be an impossible question to answer, but the hospital that did my surgery does not keep records for more than 10 years.....I had the records dept. transfer me to the Doctor who did it, of course, he is on vacation, and his receptionist said she would get back to me early next week....we'll see, and will he remember/tell me the truth? In the mean time, I am feeling more pressure/pain daily, I am seeing a different Dr., different hospital next week, and I'd like to know what mesh they used before I go. Just wondering if anyone can give me any advise/info on this? Thank You, and best of luck to all of you
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

#7258 Feb 10, 2013
Helen wrote:
What could be the reason behind this? Aren't medical establishments or practitioners supposedly the first to get the memo when recalls are conducted?
http://www.bladderslingrecall.us
Go jump off a cliff "Helen". Please quit useing this web site to advertise for free. Will call your main office Monday morning and complain.....again.
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

#7259 Feb 10, 2013
Linda wrote:
I had my hernia's repaired in San Diego in 1992 and they used the Marlex Hernia Mesh. I have my medical records from them and it was in them. I now have an autoimmunde disease and am researching if it is from the Mesa that goes from my diaphragm to my pubis.
<quoted text>
I believe the reason that a lot of us are having infections and similar symptoms is because our immune systems are working 24 hours a day everyday as if we had a massive disease. After a while our immune systems are just over worked, they break down and WahLa! Autoimmune disorder. Leeching of chemicals is probably another reason for this symptom as well. Strange that I cannot find any research into this unless I go back a decade or so. And that research does show that chemical leeching is a factor with Polypropolene meshs. Those studies were done in Europe and because of that I am sure that they are not recognized by our intrepid FDA.
Rita

Toledo, OH

#7260 Feb 10, 2013
My doctor used cadaver skin (I was and still am very skeptical about this) to repair a large hiatal hernia. He said it is just like collagen after being cleaned, scraped etc and safer and more effective than pig skin. However, I have had 2 urinary tract infections, constant gas, and vaginal itch since having this procedure. Could they be connected?
Karen

Emporia, KS

#7261 Feb 10, 2013
I had a second hernia operation because the first failed and leaked out the botton and the doctor made a mistake and put a 4 inch mesh on an 8 inch hole. This operation was over two years ago and it affected my ability to move things and lift things for those years. I would get a pain for two days to a week were the repair was done and sex was almost none existant for those years. Then I had a second operation and I have been in pain for three and a half months now. I have visited the hospital by ambulance twice and they were no help at all. There favorite answer was I am not a surgeon and the CT scan didn't show anything or gave me morphane and when I screamed with pain trying to go pee they stuffed two perodan in my mouth and sent me out to the parking lot. I have screamed in pain for over one hour and lost my voice because of the pain. I have doubled over outside a movie theater because of the pain in my intestines. I am afraid to move when I sleep because of the sudden pain. I also have had three shots into my stomach and nerves and that didn't help. I am also getting a burning going from my abdomen to down the inside of my vergina and bowels. I read some articles about the side effects of the plastic they put inside us and I am scared. I think theyshould put some strechy material around the edges of the mesh to prevent not being able to go to the bathroom and the digging pain into the top of my legs and bladder!!!!!!
Terlin

Wayne, MI

#7262 Feb 10, 2013
Any body getting ringing in ears and balance problems and adominal bloating so painfull you can't sit. Incomplete evacuations flu like symptoms?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Granbury Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ex-chief gets probation in theft by public serv... (Sep '07) 4 hr Glad your gone crook 3
Hi Thu Guest 1
Poll what happened to all the original labare dancer... (Jun '10) Wed Debbie Forbes 258
News Julian Castro Returning To Texas Under VP Rumors Jun 17 Paddy O-Malley 1
gangs of fort worth Tx (Sep '10) Jun 17 VsLs13 gang 47
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jun 13 robert 994
what kinda town is granbury really? (Sep '08) Dec '15 Texan 38
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Granbury Mortgages