Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns ...

Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt...

There are 8224 comments on the PRWeb story from Feb 4, 2007, titled Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt.... In it, PRWeb reports that:

Patients should review the latest recall information to see if they have been implanted with the recalled device and seek medical attention if symptoms such as unexplained or persistent abdominal pain, fever, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at PRWeb.

Blair

Charlottetown, Canada

#7118 Jan 21, 2013
In the real world, MDL means, More Dam Lies
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

#7119 Jan 21, 2013
Angry as hell wrote:
<quoted text>. Don't believe anything Johnson law firm tells you. All they'd oils string you along and the they will drop your case. I have beendealing with them since 2007 . I have had 2 of the meshs that were recalled. They both were removed and almost died from the infection that I had from the perferraded bowl I got from the mesh breaking in side of me.johnson just dropped my case for the second time.do not use them, they will just screw you over too.
I don't blame you for being ANGRY AS HELL. I think most of us on here have felt that way for YEARS! The Johnson law group did the same thing to me. I was with them for a few months or so and had just had a long conference call the week before. I got a call from them and was all excited because, heck, my lawyers calling! Good news right? AAAAAaaaaaaa NO. I no longer "fit their profile". I went through the roof. You have me on a conference call for an F*&^ing hour last week and everything is hunkey dorey. And this week I no longer fit in your criteria. They have no idea what they did to me that day. I was as close to suicide as I could be. Dealing with the pain and everything else that goes with a mesh implant and these pieces of crap are dealing us in and out like cards on a table. I really felt that death would have been better than what I was going through. Since then and actually before that experience I have had every major law firm in the U.S. look at my case and if they didn't drop me right then they had me hang on for weeks, months and a year just to tell me I was not a good prospect for a law suit. They are ALL a bunch of VULTURES. No soul, no care, no human compassion. They are in it for the BUCKS. I would love to have a conversation with Mark Mueller or any of these "Big" lawyers. Then I'd punch their lights out.
Colleen

Hazlet, NJ

#7120 Jan 21, 2013
In Dec 2006 I had a colostomy bag put on due to an abscess in my intestines.It was then removed 7 months later. The following year I needed a triple hernia surgery at which time I was repaired with a surgical mesh. Since then I occasionally experience a severe pain at the colostomy site when I turn the wrong way in bed, often when having bowel movements and bending down to tie shoes or simoly picking up something off the floor. I have gone to the doctors and even had cat scans done and nothing showed up abnormal. I am just today beginning to research this because it can be very painful( and sucks the life out of me at times let alone the depression causes me when it is bothersome. Can anyone shed some light or steer me in some direction? I am only 46 and have 2 small children I need to be here for. Thanks
Angry as hell

Chicago, IL

#7121 Jan 21, 2013
Blair wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you category one, two, three, four, five or six.
3 for sure maybe, but I believe I am in 1 or 2.
Angry as hell

Chicago, IL

#7122 Jan 21, 2013
Colleen wrote:
In Dec 2006 I had a colostomy bag put on due to an abscess in my intestines.It was then removed 7 months later. The following year I needed a triple hernia surgery at which time I was repaired with a surgical mesh. Since then I occasionally experience a severe pain at the colostomy site when I turn the wrong way in bed, often when having bowel movements and bending down to tie shoes or simoly picking up something off the floor. I have gone to the doctors and even had cat scans done and nothing showed up abnormal. I am just today beginning to research this because it can be very painful( and sucks the life out of me at times let alone the depression causes me when it is bothersome. Can anyone shed some light or steer me in some direction? I am only 46 and have 2 small children I need to be here for. Thanks
you need to find out what kind of mesh was put in you. Contact the records dept. at your hospital and ask for a copy of your surgical report. This will have what type of mesh and a serial number. Then check to see if it is a recalled mesh.
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

#7123 Jan 21, 2013
Colleen wrote:
In Dec 2006 I had a colostomy bag put on due to an abscess in my intestines.It was then removed 7 months later. The following year I needed a triple hernia surgery at which time I was repaired with a surgical mesh. Since then I occasionally experience a severe pain at the colostomy site when I turn the wrong way in bed, often when having bowel movements and bending down to tie shoes or simoly picking up something off the floor. I have gone to the doctors and even had cat scans done and nothing showed up abnormal. I am just today beginning to research this because it can be very painful( and sucks the life out of me at times let alone the depression causes me when it is bothersome. Can anyone shed some light or steer me in some direction? I am only 46 and have 2 small children I need to be here for. Thanks
I am terribly sorry Coleen. You are probably/ most likely experiencing what many on this site have been going through. The mesh will contract, twist and possibly migrate. There are several other symptoms but it sounds as if you have the "basics". You will need to gather ALL your medical records. You will have to have a copy of your OP report from ALL surgeries starting with the initial implant. You can get that at the hospital. Don't let them tell you they no longer have them. Next, identify what mesh product they used on you. Manufacturer, lot #, size etc, etc will be on your OP report. Let us know and we can go from there. Do not believe that you will get a lawyer, have a case and settle it time soon. Get your records together then you can contact a lawyer that handles your type of case. The first thing they will ask is the type of mesh and reason for implant. So get the Op report.But first you need to concentrate on your health. As you stated, you've got two kids that depend on you. Ok, please go to the FDA web site for the MAUDE report. Useing the info off the OP report, please make a report about what you have had done to you, by who, for what and with. You will soon be contacted by a rep from the manufacturer. This is required by law. They will want all of your medical records plus a detailed account of what their product has done to you. If you have a lawyer by that time you may want to consult him. I did cooperate and gave them what they needed. Both the manufacturer and the FDA will come back and tell you that they have found NO evidense that the mesh is what caused your "problems". The manufacturer will probably blame the Dr.'s technique. The FDA will just out and out lie to you. I'm not trying to discourage you, Coleen. I'm giving you the quick version of what we have all experienced. You really need to make the report to MAUDE. The more the merrier! The FDA cannot ignore us for much longer. I believe that this year will be the year that the "break through" happens. So welcome to the "community" Coleen. We hate to have to see you here but you now have some straight info and hopefully we can give you a little hope. Get going on your records and let us know what you find out. Best Wishes and Good Luck.......
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

#7124 Jan 21, 2013
Angry as hell wrote:
<quoted text> 3 for sure maybe, but I believe I am in 1 or 2.
Did your ring break?

Since: Nov 12

Sydney, Australia

#7126 Jan 21, 2013
All Meshed Up wrote:
<quoted text> I don't blame you for being ANGRY AS HELL. I think most of us on here have felt that way for YEARS! The Johnson law group did the same thing to me. I was with them for a few months or so and had just had a long conference call the week before. I got a call from them and was all excited because, heck, my lawyers calling! Good news right? AAAAAaaaaaaa NO. I no longer "fit their profile". I went through the roof. You have me on a conference call for an F*&^ing hour last week and everything is hunkey dorey. And this week I no longer fit in your criteria. They have no idea what they did to me that day. I was as close to suicide as I could be. Dealing with the pain and everything else that goes with a mesh implant and these pieces of crap are dealing us in and out like cards on a table. I really felt that death would have been better than what I was going through. Since then and actually before that experience I have had every major law firm in the U.S. look at my case and if they didn't drop me right then they had me hang on for weeks, months and a year just to tell me I was not a good prospect for a law suit. They are ALL a bunch of VULTURES. No soul, no care, no human compassion. They are in it for the BUCKS. I would love to have a conversation with Mark Mueller or any of these "Big" lawyers. Then I'd punch their lights out.
Hi All Meshed Up. I finally saw a Colorectal Surgeon in Brisbane Qld (major city in Aust). He looked very concerned and I cried the whole time, including when he stuck his finger up my private part and backside. I told him that Dr. White wont see me and I dont know why. I then explained what I have been experiencing, including the Razor Blades, and to that he replied fitsula formed. He could also feel the mesh in my private part, which I am pretty sure you should not feel by sticking your finger up there. He gave me some cream to put around my bottom, and guess what immediate relief, this shows definately that there is nerve damage. I am also going to have a specialised blood test, to show where the infection is coming from, and I am having a Colonoscopy at the end of January, more bum work ha ha.

When I had the spinal injury the discs were pressing and traping my nerves in the thecal sac, and as I understand it this also affects the pudendal nerves, the nerves that run from your sacrum to your bum. Listed I know you have a lot on but as I asked before has any one had experience with Biodesign Surgisis, I am aware that there have been two notifications on MAUDE and I am also going to make a complaint. Also is anyone aware if there are legal proceedings against Cook Medical Pty Ltd, who make this shit. By the way some research on what this Surgisis is made out of, pig, and here is the icing on the cake, it is supposed to be used in contaminated/infected sites. My prolapse at that stage was not infected not like now. Anyway, if you can find out anything I would be most grateful. Kind regards Soni Down Under
Karen

Traverse City, MI

#7127 Jan 21, 2013
I had hernia repair in 97. This past year I've lost 120 lbs. Very constipated,digestive issues and severe allergic reactions. I have been to several specialists and they can't find out whats wrong. I have abdominal pain and general ill and fatique. I have said it to be anxiety,depression,stress but I know something is not right. I am planning to go to Ann Arbor for help because that is my next step. No one here seems to know what it is or how to fix me. I am so flusterated I just want to be better. Everday is different how I feel but my symtoms are distinct. Any advise or other stories would help.
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

#7128 Jan 21, 2013
Hello Sonia! Jeez Dear! Can it get much worse? I did a search and I can find nothing on your side of the pond as far as a specific law suit. In the mid-west here in the States there is a law firm that does mention Cook Medical quite predominently in their advert. Interested? I tried to paste it to this page but to no avail. Let me know. Best Wishes as Always......
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

#7129 Jan 21, 2013
Karen wrote:
I had hernia repair in 97. This past year I've lost 120 lbs. Very constipated,digestive issues and severe allergic reactions. I have been to several specialists and they can't find out whats wrong. I have abdominal pain and general ill and fatique. I have said it to be anxiety,depression,stress but I know something is not right. I am planning to go to Ann Arbor for help because that is my next step. No one here seems to know what it is or how to fix me. I am so flusterated I just want to be better. Everday is different how I feel but my symtoms are distinct. Any advise or other stories would help.
Hello Karen.....read the past posts and there is advice on what you need to do to find out about what has been put in you and what to do with that info. Let us know......Best Wishes......
Terlin

Wayne, MI

#7130 Jan 21, 2013
Had my eithicon mesh and bard perfix plugs removed by Dr. Ramshaw 10/26/12 still have bloating and straining bowel movements with no relief. Can't sit very long because of pain, Ramshaw was up front and made no promises said nerves were intraped and lot of scar tissue removed he cut and buried the nerves hope when march arrives things will get better.
Angry as hell

Chicago, IL

#7131 Jan 21, 2013
Is there anyone else that is having trouble with Johnson Law Firm in Fort Worth Tx. Regarding the hernias mesh trail in Rhode Island?
Angry as hell

Chicago, IL

#7132 Jan 22, 2013
I am trying to find out if anyone has hired the Johnson Law Firm out of Fort Worth TX and have had trouble with them?
Suzie

Detroit, MI

#7133 Jan 22, 2013
Terlin wrote:
Had my eithicon mesh and bard perfix plugs removed by Dr. Ramshaw 10/26/12 still have bloating and straining bowel movements with no relief. Can't sit very long because of pain, Ramshaw was up front and made no promises said nerves were intraped and lot of scar tissue removed he cut and buried the nerves hope when march arrives things will get better.
Terlin-
I am in Michigan also and need help. I have two mesh pieces from three surgeries in me from a hernia that resulted from four C-sections. For 5 years I have been dealing with chronic pain, sometimes debilitating. I have been in and out of Beaumont hospital with the last visit having the surgeon come in for less than a minute, say Ive dont all I can, and refer me to a pain specialist. I have not yet gone to the pain clinic. I just want these patches removed. I am WAY WAY worse off than I was when I noticed the first hernia almost 6 years ago. Are you getting any help from a doctor or hospital in Michigan? I have the same issues with nerve pain and scar tissue. I need someone who can at least do more than put me on narcotics.
Suzie

Detroit, MI

#7134 Jan 22, 2013
tammy wrote:
YES! the parietex mesh has been recalled. As should all of these products.
Tammy- I cannot find any documentation that supports that this Parietex mesh has been recalled. Can you point me in the right direction? I have this mesh, but have been told time and time again that it is not the cause of my chronic pain. Please help!!!
Suzie

Detroit, MI

#7135 Jan 22, 2013
Does anyone know if the Parietex polyester mesh by Covidien has been recalled? I have two patches from three separate surgeries to repair a ventral hernia which occurred after my fourth Csection. I cannot find any SOLID documentation as to whether or not this has been recalled. Mesh was put in in July 2007, and a second one in 2008. Having severe difficulties with everything from carrying laundry to having sex. It totally sucks. Advise????
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

#7136 Jan 22, 2013
Sonia_59 wrote:
<quoted text> Hi All Meshed Up. I finally saw a Colorectal Surgeon in Brisbane Qld (major city in Aust). He looked very concerned and I cried the whole time, including when he stuck his finger up my private part and backside. I told him that Dr. White wont see me and I dont know why. I then explained what I have been experiencing, including the Razor Blades, and to that he replied fitsula formed. He could also feel the mesh in my private part, which I am pretty sure you should not feel by sticking your finger up there. He gave me some cream to put around my bottom, and guess what immediate relief, this shows definately that there is nerve damage. I am also going to have a specialised blood test, to show where the infection is coming from, and I am having a Colonoscopy at the end of January, more bum work ha ha.
When I had the spinal injury the discs were pressing and traping my nerves in the thecal sac, and as I understand it this also affects the pudendal nerves, the nerves that run from your sacrum to your bum. Listed I know you have a lot on but as I asked before has any one had experience with Biodesign Surgisis, I am aware that there have been two notifications on MAUDE and I am also going to make a complaint. Also is anyone aware if there are legal proceedings against Cook Medical Pty Ltd, who make this shit. By the way some research on what this Surgisis is made out of, pig, and here is the icing on the cake, it is supposed to be used in contaminated/infected sites. My prolapse at that stage was not infected not like now. Anyway, if you can find out anything I would be most grateful. Kind regards Soni Down Under
Hey there Sonia....This may be a good resource for you in Australia. HTTP://www.facebook.com/pop surgical mesh muster. Looks like there are quite a few women in Australia going through the same things as you. Check it out and let me know! Best Wishes......

Since: Nov 12

Sydney, Australia

#7137 Jan 22, 2013
All Meshed Up wrote:
Hello Sonia! Jeez Dear! Can it get much worse? I did a search and I can find nothing on your side of the pond as far as a specific law suit. In the mid-west here in the States there is a law firm that does mention Cook Medical quite predominently in their advert. Interested? I tried to paste it to this page but to no avail. Let me know. Best Wishes as Always......
Hi sweety, very interested. My lawyer is speaking with US Attorney General in relation to my case and many others. Tomorrow I am facing an all day affair in relation to the white cell tests. Its neuclear science. I have been scanned, blood sucked tested etc, that I should be in the guiness book of records. That stinking White got away with "she abused my staff'', when I lodged a complaint with the Qld Medical Professional Board, of course supporting their own. I did sat the person responsible for the complaint on her arse, when I told her 'this has gone very far', and her response was ''you are entitled to seek legal advice''. Please let me know of the lawyers/solicitors who are involved with Cook. As I said I reckon I have at least three different types of Mesh. Love you heaps Soni Down Under. Ever have anough money to visit us, you are welcome to come and stay with me.
Amberlei

San Antonio, TX

#7138 Jan 22, 2013
I just received my records from my hernia surgery in 2009. I have had pain since I had the surgery and everything is just getting worse and worse to the point I can hardly do anything because of the pain. They've sent me to pain management saying its nerve damage but I know that all of this is due to the hernia repair. All of the problems I'm having are in the same area always. I had the bard modified kugel hernia patch 7.6 cm. I would like to do more research but I'm not sure where to start..... If anyone has any information that could help me get started I would really appreciate it. Thank you for your time

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Granbury Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Paschal High School Girls of the 80's Tue Fred West 8
gangs of fort worth Tx (Sep '10) Mon POLYWOOD LOKKO 32
Review: Al's Import Auto Recycling Mon MCbeonca 1
Review: Delta Towing Aug 31 Hahaj 1
Fort Worth Ink & Art Expo Aug 30 wonderland1201 1
How Many People Got Kilt In Your Tornado (May '13) Aug 30 Redneck 16
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Aug 17 District farts 977
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Granbury Mortgages