Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns ...

Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt...

There are 8236 comments on the PRWeb story from Feb 4, 2007, titled Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt.... In it, PRWeb reports that:

Patients should review the latest recall information to see if they have been implanted with the recalled device and seek medical attention if symptoms such as unexplained or persistent abdominal pain, fever, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at PRWeb.

Blair

Montague, Canada

#6965 Dec 11, 2012
Ted wrote:
Had the cqur put in Jan 2012. Had it removed in August of 12 as it was breaking down and pieces of what could be the omega 3 would flow out an open wound in my abdomen. Looking for a lawyer in Canada who would be interested in this case
Ted, phone the # on the site below, if they are an international law firm they will take you on.

http://www.mesh-pain.com/
nomeshno

Gilbert, AZ

#6966 Dec 11, 2012
Rhonda wrote:
had a grynfeldt hernia repair 9/2011 and since then I have had chronis hives which i got tired of taking benadryl and my PCP wanted to try OTC antihistamines. I have pain at and around surgery area. You can see the pariameter of the mesh by the hives on the outside of by side that defines the edges of the mesh internally. I have chronic fatique and muscle aches. MY cholesterol increased and I eat organics, mostly vegetarian, dont use condiments... I eat very healthy and had not experienced such physical ailments until this mesh was placed. had follow ups with surgeon but never addresses my complaints. surgeon notes that mesh remains intact and stable per MRI but not followed up w/ MRI w/ contrast.(thats how hernis was diagnosed) Initially misdiagnosed as LIpoma until it got so big it was affecting my large intestine and the ligaments to my left kidney.
I can relate with you, for six yrs I went to the surgeon indicating the fatigue, pain, seroma, hives etc. I went to 9 times, he kept on saying I was fine. But I was not, I was dying. My body was rejecting the mesh, causing chronic inflammation which caused permanent damage. My GI system has been damaged, I never had any digestive disorder until the implant. The mesh is made out of chemicals it does not belong in human body. You need to get it out of your body ASAP. Over the yrs I saw about 20 Drs from office visits to hospitalization, no one tell me the truth. I had to go out of state to get help. Drs. Cover for each other and even if they believe it is the mesh, they do not want to get involved in possible legal supoena so they will not tell you the truth.
To stop the hives, I was prescribed Atarax, Zyrtec & Pepcid, it needed a triple threat to make a dent. Zytec & Atarax is a Histamine 1 inhibitor and Pepcid H2...
Chuck

Sylacauga, AL

#6967 Dec 11, 2012
Has anyone else been hearing about ads on tv from attorneys, about the Da Vinci Robot Surgery for lap surgery? It's been running alot lately on tv. My wife had lap surgery back in 2010 ventral hernia, with this method, she has one lap port hole that never healed right or closed proper. Yet how can one know if some of the problems we have isn't caused by this type surgery? I researched the attorneys finding, has anyone had problems with this lap surgery years after having it done?
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

#6968 Dec 12, 2012
Chuck wrote:
Stuff like many bad meds, bad med devices, I blame our own Fed Gov for these high cost. Fed needs first to rebuild our own Human Health Care System. Starting with FDA. For they are the jerks that allow bad medical stuff on the market. Not enough research being done to see what all side effects these meds/ devices etc can cause a persons health. Do most normal people ever wonder how alot of junk gets put on market or how it even gets tested for approval? Most unfitted med stuff is tested on people of back streets of third counties of the poor homeless people . Most people are of little schooling. Big pay offs. I also remember seeing a show last yr. about this testing of meds for fda approval. It seemed it was 60 mins, or 20 20. The gov could do alot to cut alot of red tape. One get Americans to run our county. Starting with SS department. It seems when I call them I end up speaking to an non broken true english speaking person. Then always getting back to back letters correcting their own screwups of one hand not knowing what the other hand is doing! Blind leading the blind! I got say they SS don't like when I call. What gets me is all the pay offs trade off. Getting SSDisability you fill out tons of life history, in triple forms some more then that. Then within few weeks been deined. Then now one has to hire attoreny meaning you have to refill papers, meaning you have to do most leg work. Then who knows how look before a judge sees you or your file, I know some people it took up to 3yrs. Then if person wins the case, the attoreny gets 1/4 of the award toward you. Sure you do get back pay which ends up paying back bills if one hasn't become homeless first, or passed way waiting. We live in a screwed up greedy med world.
The FDA is now going to require a $250,000 fee instead of the $5000 they get now for their 501K program. They are also requiring more education of the surgeons about medical implants coming on to the market. 1. This will cause all of the smaller competitive companies to think twice before bring a new product on to the market. There by taking them out of the medical device buisness. Leaving J&J, Kugel and the rest with the vast majority of the market share. They have now circled the wagons and cut out the smaller ( possibly the more innovative ) companies from competeing. 2. Doctors will now get the majority of blame for the "bad surgeries" that "they" have done. The facts about what mesh does will be lost in the furor about the lack of Implant Education and "Greedy" Dr.'s causing "all" of this great harm to the "Poor Victims" ( literally or figurtively, take your pick!) of their "shabby surgical practices". 3. The FDA in all of its wisdom has again sided with big Medical Manufacturers and hidden it in the guise of helping streamline the system. The fact that our Medicare and Medicaid programs are/is broke/broken, rife with fraud, cost over runs, loss of funds etc AND now lets throw in, what, 50,000 mesh victims? 100,000 victims? All hitting the system at one time. What is Obama Care going to do with that? What is the insurance, legal system and the manufacturers going to do when it breaks that mesh is "REALLY" bad? How is the system going to handle all of the SSI clients because MESH is now recognized as a debilitating "medical device failure". Even the lucky ones that have not had a problem with mesh will want their implant out or part of one of the many lawsuits. This Government and the Medical Device Manufacturers cannot let that happen. They are the ones who perpetuate this stuff. Sonia, in her latest post, mentioned that the Austrailian Government is "monitoring" what the U.S. is doing about mesh! Lets hope they have better luck there than we have had here when it comes to our beloved FDA looking out for OUR interests instead of THEIR interests.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#6969 Dec 12, 2012
Does anyone know what's going on with the new tax on medical devices? I know this is not a political forum but I'm not understanding the scheme. I know that there are jobs in jeopardy over the mess.
Chuck

Birmingham, AL

#6970 Dec 12, 2012
All Meshed Up wrote:
<quoted text> The FDA is now going to require a $250,000 fee instead of the $5000 they get now for their 501K program. They are also requiring more education of the surgeons about medical implants coming on to the market. 1. This will cause all of the smaller competitive companies to think twice before bring a new product on to the market. There by taking them out of the medical device buisness. Leaving J&J, Kugel and the rest with the vast majority of the market share. They have now circled the wagons and cut out the smaller ( possibly the more innovative ) companies from competeing. 2. Doctors will now get the majority of blame for the "bad surgeries" that "they" have done. The facts about what mesh does will be lost in the furor about the lack of Implant Education and "Greedy" Dr.'s causing "all" of this great harm to the "Poor Victims" ( literally or figurtively, take your pick!) of their "shabby surgical practices". 3. The FDA in all of its wisdom has again sided with big Medical Manufacturers and hidden it in the guise of helping streamline the system. The fact that our Medicare and Medicaid programs are/is broke/broken, rife with fraud, cost over runs, loss of funds etc AND now lets throw in, what, 50,000 mesh victims? 100,000 victims? All hitting the system at one time. What is Obama Care going to do with that? What is the insurance, legal system and the manufacturers going to do when it breaks that mesh is "REALLY" bad? How is the system going to handle all of the SSI clients because MESH is now recognized as a debilitating "medical device failure". Even the lucky ones that have not had a problem with mesh will want their implant out or part of one of the many lawsuits. This Government and the Medical Device Manufacturers cannot let that happen. They are the ones who perpetuate this stuff. Sonia, in her latest post, mentioned that the Austrailian Government is "monitoring" what the U.S. is doing about mesh! Lets hope they have better luck there than we have had here when it comes to our beloved FDA looking out for OUR interests instead of THEIR interests.
AMU, Thanks for putting in words what I try saying! Yet I wonder how many of our gov people have gone through what we have? But then I reword that for they working for the Fed gov get the best health care that our tax dollars pay for! While we get shit. Ok again should say reverse the picture. Yet lets put the shoe on their foot and ours up their butts! How many of these big manufacture owners, or anyone else that makes the life changing rules/laws, live day in and day out with wasted money, wasted time with lieing doctors that fraud the medcare/medicaid/health insurance companies. SS system. I wonder how long it's going before Walmart be selling Surgery mesh? The big sharks out to kill off to pad their pockets with no feeling for anyone. yet I wonder how they feel if this happen to them or a love one in their close family. They may have a multi dollar life insurance policy on that member. Got member they out for the bucks.
Chuck

Birmingham, AL

#6971 Dec 12, 2012
AMU some how I left out a thought! One hand blames the other. First surgeon screwed up the first surgery. One has go outside their area now to get help, for no other local surgeon wants touch you, fear of being sued. So refer you to bigger area, big city surgeon, hosital. This for bigger city hospital bigger insurance coverage, lot more hidden cover ups. If we try scamming the Fed Gov we are prison rest of our life no get out of jail free cards. yet these these bastards get away with murder. Buck talks Bullshit walks.
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

#6972 Dec 12, 2012
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text> AMU, Thanks for putting in words what I try saying! Yet I wonder how many of our gov people have gone through what we have? But then I reword that for they working for the Fed gov get the best health care that our tax dollars pay for! While we get shit. Ok again should say reverse the picture. Yet lets put the shoe on their foot and ours up their butts! How many of these big manufacture owners, or anyone else that makes the life changing rules/laws, live day in and day out with wasted money, wasted time with lieing doctors that fraud the medcare/medicaid/health insurance companies. SS system. I wonder how long it's going before Walmart be selling Surgery mesh? The big sharks out to kill off to pad their pockets with no feeling for anyone. yet I wonder how they feel if this happen to them or a love one in their close family. They may have a multi dollar life insurance policy on that member. Got member they out for the bucks.
Not a problem, Chuck. Your comment about Walmart selling mesh is not far off. Check out E-Bay and you might be scared to find out that they sell Mesh products, including the same patch I have in me, on E-Bay at bargain prices! Counterfiet? Who knows but it makes you wonder in this time of bottom lines..... Best Wishes....
Chuck

Birmingham, AL

#6973 Dec 12, 2012
All Meshed Up wrote:
<quoted text> Not a problem, Chuck. Your comment about Walmart selling mesh is not far off. Check out E-Bay and you might be scared to find out that they sell Mesh products, including the same patch I have in me, on E-Bay at bargain prices! Counterfiet? Who knows but it makes you wonder in this time of bottom lines..... Best Wishes....
AMU Yea I dont go on Ebay that much, but I did see that, a friend told me about it. I did check it out.?? I wondered back then how someone could sell medical surgery devices that the Fed Gov suppose to control can allow something of this nature be sold on ebay. But then again nothin surprises me!* Happy Holiday* For any and everything can be bought for a $ price$!!
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

#6975 Dec 13, 2012
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text> AMU Yea I dont go on Ebay that much, but I did see that, a friend told me about it. I did check it out.?? I wondered back then how someone could sell medical surgery devices that the Fed Gov suppose to control can allow something of this nature be sold on ebay. But then again nothin surprises me!* Happy Holiday* For any and everything can be bought for a $ price$!!
Howdy Chuck.....A friend of mine told me about E-Bay selling patchs and I was like...."NO WAY!" and he's like "Yeah WAY!" And so I'm like..."Thats so Scary!" and he's like "I KNOW!" And then I puked. Anyway, the proliferation and the mindset by the medical community that mesh is benign and is no big deal is a major factor in the lack of concern about victims. All of the testimony and evidence those in power to make these decisions see is the "glowing" tributes the manufacturers present. When testimony is presented by folks like Bruce and Lana, they are subjected to cross examination and character attacks that reminds me more of a Supreme Court nominee hearing than investigation into medical device failures. If you can buy Hernia or Gyno mesh for a cut rate price on the internet who the hell is watching the chicken coop? Trully? The FDA allows this? Shouldn't surprise us I guess. Lets get those products out there boys! Its Christmas time and I want a new Mercedes!( I understand theres a need for Gyno and Hernia mesh in Iran! I have a great idea J&J, Bard etc!) Money and greed fuels this whole sorry travesty we are all living everyday. I am still wondering why we do not hear of a movie star, rock star, professional athlete or a Congressman/Senator or their families that are suffering from a mesh implant. Inquireing minds want to know..........
Johnfrancis

Morrisville, PA

#6976 Dec 13, 2012
A guy told me today that his father went to Canada for Inguinal Surgery (walking hernia) back in 80's as they had procedure perfected and then it was brought to the US. He said even the Amish were going up there in small buses for same procedure.
Guess the harder you work the more likely hernia will happen.
His father did very well.
mimismith

Humble, TX

#6977 Dec 13, 2012
George Z wrote:
I am a 43 year old male. I had hernia surgery in Dec. 2012. I was told my abdominal wall looked like swiss cheese. A large piece of mesh was put in which is the size of my abdomen. Was told I had 10 hernias.
In approximately March I felt as though someone periodically started stabbing me in the stomach. I'm having terrible bouts of diarrhea. Excessive sweating. Fatigue. And I look like I'm 9 months pregnant.
I've had endoscopies, colonoscopies, gallbladder ultrasound, gallbladder function test. All came back normal. However I did find out I've become lactose intolerant. I have cut out ALL lactose, wheat and gluten from my diet for 2 months. Nothing has changed!!!! The stabbing is getting worse. It's becoming hard to imagine living this way forever.
Help!! Please
I would sure like to hear from you. I have had this done 4 times and just got back from endoscopy and they tell me they found mesh in my stomach, did biopsy and also I am losing most of my meals, food just will not go down......my email, [email protected], we need to talk.
Sheila

United States

#6978 Dec 13, 2012
mimismith wrote:
<quoted text>I would sure like to hear from you. I have had this done 4 times and just got back from endoscopy and they tell me they found mesh in my stomach, did biopsy and also I am losing most of my meals, food just will not go down......my email, [email protected], we need to talk.
I have same symptoms as George Z but was diagnosed with colitis. Severe abdomenal pain, constant diarrhea,fatigue,fever. Everyday! Hard to live like this.
Blair

Montague, Canada

#6979 Dec 14, 2012
Sheila wrote:
<quoted text>
I have same symptoms as George Z but was diagnosed with colitis. Severe abdomenal pain, constant diarrhea,fatigue,fever. Everyday! Hard to live like this.
When you hear this from your surgeon you know you have been screwed,( I was told my abdominal wall looked like swiss cheese )and yes he will drop you as a patient. You need a plastic surgeon to fix this damage, but they will not point the finger at the mesh. The surgeons were not taught mesh failure in school, but they were taught how not to tell the truth, and how to fill out the paper work so they will not get sued but you are sure going to get screwed over by the system put in place to help you after he lies on his report. They will believe the doctor first, until you prove he lied. That took ten years in my case.
Jane

Idaho Falls, ID

#6980 Dec 14, 2012
The FDA has indeed issued a safety communication that explains the potential risks associated with pelvic mesh or bladder sling devices. They have been reported to cause internal injuries or organ damage in those who have received them. Many women have also complained of bleeding, pain, and infections at a certain point after surgery. Related information at http://www.bladderslingrecall.us could be a good reference for those concerned and interested.
Mel

Idaho Falls, ID

#6981 Dec 14, 2012
It is daunting to know that patients who only wish to be relieved from the pain and discomfort caused by hernia and other pelvic problems now stand at risk of serious complications from mesh devices. It's no surprise that women who may have incurred injuries from these implants are found filing lawsuits against the manufacturers. Related information at http://www.bladderslingrecall.us could be a good reference for those concerned and interested.
riverrat

Winona, MN

#6982 Dec 14, 2012
looks like the gov will have to write checks for the mesh victims that didnt settle and future mesh vitims do to the fda's none fucntion for the safty for we the people and protect the the medical device scams
Chuck

Sylacauga, AL

#6983 Dec 14, 2012
All Meshed Up wrote:
<quoted text> Howdy Chuck.....A friend of mine told me about E-Bay selling patchs and I was like...."NO WAY!" and he's like "Yeah WAY!" And so I'm like..."Thats so Scary!" and he's like "I KNOW!" And then I puked. Anyway, the proliferation and the mindset by the medical community that mesh is benign and is no big deal is a major factor in the lack of concern about victims. All of the testimony and evidence those in power to make these decisions see is the "glowing" tributes the manufacturers present. When testimony is presented by folks like Bruce and Lana, they are subjected to cross examination and character attacks that reminds me more of a Supreme Court nominee hearing than investigation into medical device failures. If you can buy Hernia or Gyno mesh for a cut rate price on the internet who the hell is watching the chicken coop? Trully? The FDA allows this? Shouldn't surprise us I guess. Lets get those products out there boys! Its Christmas time and I want a new Mercedes!( I understand theres a need for Gyno and Hernia mesh in Iran! I have a great idea J&J, Bard etc!) Money and greed fuels this whole sorry travesty we are all living everyday. I am still wondering why we do not hear of a movie star, rock star, professional athlete or a Congressman/Senator or their families that are suffering from a mesh implant. Inquireing minds want to know..........
Hi back 2 U AMU! Yes I know their are a frw sport figures that aren't talked about having groin sports hernias, the media calls it a groin pull. Yet I know of 2 music figures that had herinas. Back in 01/2003 Maurice of the BEE GEES passed away from strangulated hernia. In which I liked the group. Anyway that later summer in Auguest of 2003 I was found to have the same type hernia. My first. In which I brought up questions about M.BeeGee and what happen to him and what I was faced with. Answer was we wouldn't know until we open you up. In which the day of surgery the last thing I heard before going under was that Johnny Cash and John Ritter passed away' different causes Yet here I think it was either lst yr or 2010 their was a counrty male singer that had an emergency life threaten hernia suregy cannt remember his name. So it happens to anyone. Of all walks of life.
Chuck

Sylacauga, AL

#6984 Dec 14, 2012
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text> Hi back 2 U AMU! Yes I know their are a frw sport figures that aren't talked about having groin sports hernias, the media calls it a groin pull. Yet I know of 2 music figures that had herinas. Back in 01/2003 Maurice of the BEE GEES passed away from strangulated hernia. In which I liked the group. Anyway that later summer in Auguest of 2003 I was found to have the same type hernia. My first. In which I brought up questions about M.BeeGee and what happen to him and what I was faced with. Answer was we wouldn't know until we open you up. In which the day of surgery the last thing I heard before going under was that Johnny Cash and John Ritter passed away' different causes Yet here I think it was either lst yr or 2010 their was a counrty male singer that had an emergency life threaten hernia suregy cannt remember his name. So it happens to anyone. Of all walks of life.
PS to AMU I was to have my surgery on )9/1103 in which I said no! Just bad feelings from 9/11/01, didnt want surgery on that date. done next day.
nomeshno

Gilbert, AZ

#6985 Dec 14, 2012
Mel wrote:
It is daunting to know that patients who only wish to be relieved from the pain and discomfort caused by hernia and other pelvic problems now stand at risk of serious complications from mesh devices. It's no surprise that women who may have incurred injuries from these implants are found filing lawsuits against the manufacturers. Related information at http://www.bladderslingrecall.us could be a good reference for those concerned and interested.
Jane/Mel...probably the same person. We all know of the FDA communication, tell us something that can help us. The info your posting is about the bladder sling. Look at the web address it is about the sling . Anyone who wants a lawyer can Google a mesh lawyer or call the numbers on TV, no need to post on here and waste our time with no new info.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Granbury Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Giant Bowie knife will stand in Texas town with... 4 hr PQX 11
Veronica Benson Mon Yoshi_x 1
Relocating May 28 TxRealtor 2
News Severe thunderstorm watch issued for Dallas, Ta... May 28 dodo 1
News Texas Republican: Backing trans-bathrooms is th... May 27 Three Rounds 20
News Breast-feeding moms plan a nurse-ina at West Si... May 22 CMar 1
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) May 14 Jack 993
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Granbury Mortgages