Searching For Better News

Searching For Better News

Posted in the Granbury Forum

curious again

Weatherford, TX

#1 Feb 2, 2013
Can someone please tell me what other sites there are? I do want to see the public be able to comment and post anonymously, just exactly for the reason described in my other post about revenge, but at least with some better monitoring.

I have tried reading the Weatherford Democrat but I would like to see some other stuff.

I tried the Parker County Today Magazine and have decided it is a waste of paper and nothing but a book of advertisements. Even the stories are about their advertisers. It's also the same thing over and over every month. I don't care to hear anymore about the hospital or the doctors love lives. It seems to have been compiled by some high school girl. On top of that, it is very poorly written, and terribly edited, if at all. I can't even read it because of how bad the writing and editing is. I also watch to see who is working there on the credits page and notice that the employees change almost monthly except for a few, which tells me that the company is poorly managed and people do not want to stay there.

I signed up for the Parker County Today Newsblast/Newsflash, and it's even worse. I don't know who writes it but they must be very amateur and the company needs to find someone that can write a complete sentence. They are trying to be witty or funny or something, but it's so badly written and put together that I finally requested to be removed through email and then by calling their office. I'm still receiving them. And after doing a little investigating have learned that I'm not the only one. This again tells me that this company is even more ignorant of their publications than I originally thought.

The next thing is the Weatherford Now Magazine. It is more diverse than the other magazine and at least talks about regular people in the community, instead of catering only to those that the Today magazine seems to think are the important people of the county. They also don't fill up their story space with stories advertising for businesses that already have an ad in there. They could use a better layout, as it does look a little cheap, but I would take this one over the other any day. For a free magazine, it seems fine I guess.

All said though, I really do not care to read about social lives. I would like to read the news or about hot topics in our county without having to worry about who is working or advertising or covering or brown-nosing for who.

I would also like to see and maybe join into a discussion without having to worry if it is going to be blasted by these Tawni or Bill people that seem to take over this whole site.

I'm sure this will irritate them, and I mean no harm or ill-will to them, but I would like to hear some other opinions too.

Thanks.

And please try to contain yourselves if you're about to post something negative. You're embarrassing yourselves.
Crandall

Ballwin, MO

#2 Feb 2, 2013
There is another site, similar to this one but much better discussion. It's not really "moderated" but there isn't a lot if the crap you find here.

This site is more like the sand box at the preschool playground. I'm sure you have noticed that nothing of any value is discussed here.

The other site is a lot more active and a lot more issues are discussed. Sometimes there is input from some of the local officials.

If you're looking for serious talk and debate, check it out.

I will try and find the email address where you request access.

Cheers
1reader

Weatherford, TX

#3 Feb 2, 2013
No site exists that provides factual discussion about Weatherford. It full of the trash you find here , never facts just name calling.
Crandall

Ballwin, MO

#4 Feb 3, 2013
1reader wrote:
No site exists that provides factual discussion about Weatherford. It full of the trash you find here , never facts just name calling.
Yeah, there is one. I will try and look for that email address today.
Crafter

Mineral Wells, TX

#6 Feb 3, 2013
Star-Telegram? Weatherford Edition?
smallbiz

Weatherford, TX

#7 Feb 3, 2013
curious again wrote:
Can someone please tell me what other sites there are? I do want to see the public be able to comment and post anonymously, just exactly for the reason described in my other post about revenge, but at least with some better monitoring.
I have tried reading the Weatherford Democrat but I would like to see some other stuff.
I tried the Parker County Today Magazine and have decided it is a waste of paper and nothing but a book of advertisements. Even the stories are about their advertisers. It's also the same thing over and over every month. I don't care to hear anymore about the hospital or the doctors love lives. It seems to have been compiled by some high school girl. On top of that, it is very poorly written, and terribly edited, if at all. I can't even read it because of how bad the writing and editing is. I also watch to see who is working there on the credits page and notice that the employees change almost monthly except for a few, which tells me that the company is poorly managed and people do not want to stay there.
I signed up for the Parker County Today Newsblast/Newsflash, and it's even worse. I don't know who writes it but they must be very amateur and the company needs to find someone that can write a complete sentence. They are trying to be witty or funny or something, but it's so badly written and put together that I finally requested to be removed through email and then by calling their office. I'm still receiving them. And after doing a little investigating have learned that I'm not the only one. This again tells me that this company is even more ignorant of their publications than I originally thought.
The next thing is the Weatherford Now Magazine. It is more diverse than the other magazine and at least talks about regular people in the community, instead of catering only to those that the Today magazine seems to think are the important people of the county. They also don't fill up their story space with stories advertising for businesses that already have an ad in there. They could use a better layout, as it does look a little cheap, but I would take this one over the other any day. For a free magazine, it seems fine I guess.
All said though, I really do not care to read about social lives. I would like to read the news or about hot topics in our county without having to worry about who is working or advertising or covering or brown-nosing for who.
I would also like to see and maybe join into a discussion without having to worry if it is going to be blasted by these Tawni or Bill people that seem to take over this whole site.
I'm sure this will irritate them, and I mean no harm or ill-will to them, but I would like to hear some other opinions too.
Thanks.
And please try to contain yourselves if you're about to post something negative. You're embarrassing yourselves.
Really?Ha! Glad you are so above posting anything negative. How long ago did Parker County Today fire you?
GOTCHA

Weatherford, TX

#8 Feb 3, 2013
Looks like somebody is trying to shift the spot light again.....

For the record, name all the people that have been fired rather than quit, Marsha.

I know you're a liar just like most other people with any sense in this town. Get a life and give up the lies. It's all coming out at some point. Did you really think THAT many people were going to let you do that to them?

If you don't stop slandering people they will fight back at some point. Whether they were employed there, advertised there, gave a service and didn't get paid, or we're arrested. Somebody is going to get tired of it, and in my own opinion, I'm actually surprised somebody hasn't retaliated with more than words.
smallbiz

Weatherford, TX

#9 Feb 3, 2013
Hahazhahahaah.
I love the way young people use this blog to lash out at anyone who lets them go or votes them out of office.
Your attitude is typical of young people today and an example of what's ruining this country.
Never learn from your mistakes. Try to murder the reputation of anyone who doesn't let you have your bratty way.
I was just guessing that's what you are about. So, I guess I'm right. So, who has "got" who?
Just having a little fun the young and the useless people on this thing.
SunIn

Dallas, TX

#10 Feb 4, 2013
smallbiz,
your post was right on, except the part about "young people."
tawni is anything but young. that is probably what puts the bee in her bonnet. everyday she gets older and nobody cares.
SunInTwo

Dallas, TX

#11 Feb 5, 2013
And why do you think Tawnie gives a damn?
Clarence

Dallas, TX

#12 Feb 5, 2013
SunInTwo wrote:
And why do you think Tawnie gives a damn?
Because you/she responds to every piece of bait that is thrown out there.
Clarence

Dallas, TX

#14 Feb 6, 2013
She better not be at Cartwright Park or Holland Lake "fishin" because those were built with my tax money and I don't want any poor people using them!
Clarence 2

Dallas, TX

#15 Feb 6, 2013
And you are?
Clarence

Dallas, TX

#16 Feb 6, 2013
I am Clarence/Walter and you are Tani, Clarence 2, Tawni Lies 2, SunIn Two, Gotcha, Tawni is Honest, ad infinitum, ad nauseum.
Walter is my middle name.
Clarence 2

Dallas, TX

#17 Feb 6, 2013
Clarence wrote:
I am Clarence/Walter and you are Tani, Clarence 2, Tawni Lies 2, SunIn Two, Gotcha, Tawni is Honest, ad infinitum, ad nauseum.
Walter is my middle name.
None are my real name. It all screen names. And playing with you, you think I would use my real name.
Getting interesting

Weatherford, TX

#18 Feb 14, 2013
Look Marsha!!!! Your delinquent taxes are showing!!! Oh, you dropped a hot check down there, oh eviction?!?! I see.
Oh yesyesyes everybody's somebody to blame which I comes to Marsha dodging her bulletts!!
Makes me laugh!!!!
Clarence 2

Euless, TX

#19 Feb 15, 2013
Clarence wrote:
She better not be at Cartwright Park or Holland Lake "fishin" because those were built with my tax money and I don't want any poor people using them!
God man. Why don't you get a life. The lake at Cartwright Park was built in the early 1900 by the Texas Pacific Railroad to supply water for thier steam engines. It was sold several times and finally to the City of Weatherford and Name in honor of Grace Cartwright.
Holland Lake was gift to the the City of Weatherford by the Holland family for a chldern's park and fishing srea.
answer

Euless, TX

#20 Feb 18, 2013
Clarence 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
God man. Why don't you get a life. The lake at Cartwright Park was built in the early 1900 by the Texas Pacific Railroad to supply water for thier steam engines. It was sold several times and finally to the City of Weatherford and Name in honor of Grace Cartwright.
Holland Lake was gift to the the City of Weatherford by the Holland family for a chldern's park and fishing srea.
Truism.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Granbury Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 35 min Old Farts 936
News Serving our country 3 hr Bill Moylan 1
Poll what happened to all the original labare dancer... (Jun '10) 13 hr GREGORY 228
News Waypoint Residential Acquires Valencia Place Mon Fart House 2
News Details emerge on accusations against Dunbar Hi... (Dec '11) Sat Hands_off_please 2
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jul 25 fartman 762
Need attorney ASAP (Apr '14) Jul 24 drfjr58 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Granbury Mortgages