Animal "Rescurers"
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Since: Sep 12

Weatherford, TX

#1 Dec 3, 2012
From Facebook:

Lindsay Bryan Good job hiring them Dustin, they confirmed that WPCAS is substandard in pretty much every way. I'm sure banning rescuers isn't helping either. WPCAS is a killing factory. "In 2011, WPCAS euthanized 2358 (53%) of animals, which is 895 more animals than the US community average at 12.5 per 1000 people." That's staggering...895 MORE than the average!!!

Well gee - wasn't it in 2011 when the "wonderful" organization called Parker Paws was running amuck at the shelter? How much did they help? I'd have to say not much considering the numbers you quoted above. And Lindsay, I heard the only reason you came to the shelter was so your kid could poop in their toilet.

Weatherford, TX

#2 Dec 3, 2012
Guess what girls - the experts hired by the city did not like your pictures either!!!!!

Weatherford, TX

#5 Dec 3, 2012
Hillbilly Detector wrote:
Like I said Obama/MaryRose/Clarence/Clar-W TFever SHUT YOUR Ignorant pie hole. We know how you like to kill people's pets. You are a f'n moron with no life.
Only those who are ignorant and uneducated resort to profanity. And when you assume I am posting as someone other than myself, what does that make you? Shall I spell it out? I have never killed anyone's pet.

Weatherford, TX

#6 Dec 3, 2012
CommonSense wrote:
Here's the link to the shelter assessment. I found it on the City's webpage:
http://www.ci.weatherford.tx.us/DocumentView....
I'm surprised they published it- but glad they did. The first step to change is admitting you have a problem.
Hopefully they will make the changes the professional evaluators recommended. If they don't, it will look even worse on the shelter.
Actually it reads as if it were a personnel evaluation of Dustin in which he failed miserably. If the city makes all the changes as suggested by the study without considering cost versus benefit, or benefit of outcome, the entire project would be a waste of time and money. The city should know by now that a volunteer program is a waste of time and money - yes money - someone would have to be hired to monitor your activities. I believe Parker Paws proved just how useless volunteers are at our shelter.
clarence

Dallas, TX

#12 Dec 4, 2012
I can't prove on this forum that I am not four other people. I can just say this: The group you lumped me in with has not alleged to have video of city managers in "ditry" situations. The group you lumped me in with has not accused a named family in our town of pet killing or satanism or selling drugs to ninth graders. We (and there are several of us, my family just so happens to be Clarence and Clarice. I have also posted early on as Clorex, get it?) are motivated by TM's constant lies and unfair criticism of EVERTHING that happens in our county, outside of one particular yoga storefront.
Hillbilly is a better speller, even when he is typing his yiddish/backwoods dialect, than his live-in bag 'o nasty girlfriend of the month.

Weatherford, TX

#13 Dec 4, 2012
Hillbilly is the perfect name for a dog. Considering his/her/it's behavior, animal control should pick him/her/it up as a suspicious stray and confine him/her/it to quarantine for observation for a period of at least 10 days. If rabies appears not to be present, then his/her/it's owner could claim him. Opps, no one claimed him/her/it. Oh well, all is not lost, the animal people could adopt him/her/it and send him/her/it to obedience school. Of course the trainer would have to be one who did not use the positive method of training. Once trained him/her/it could be put up for adoption with a nice picture (blue background only) on facebook. I'm sure the public would be clamoring to adopt him/her/it!
dogs drool cats rule

Weatherford, TX

#14 Dec 4, 2012
Of all the things to pick on in the report regarding volunteers: the photos the volunteers take was the worse problem you could come up with? The props where what the shelter had provided or suggested they use, correct? Regardless, the pics the volunteers take are much better than the ones the shelter staff take. I think the evaluation went into much greater detail on issues staff should focus on fixing, their intake process, which includes taking better photos. How they handle those drugs (not taking them home anymore). Guns left in unlocked cabinets. Terrible drainage where dogs were seen drinking the contaminated water causing sickness and disease. Approximately 134 pgs of problems for shelter to work on vs. 1 pg for volunteers to work on. I bet the volunteers can make those corrections swiftly.

I was really shocked to read that they County ACO's only clean and sanitize their trucks about once a week or even once a month? Gross! If you have ever transported dogs, you probably realize they puke, pee and poop while stressed during travel. It clearly shows numerous things that had been done wrong and most certainly explains the all the previous sickness and disease that citizens were complaining about. This shelter may appear clean, but the report clearly shows that proper measures were not being followed. That inmates were not being trained or supervised and for the chemicals to work, they have to sit 5-10 minutes. It's seems like it's way past time for this mess to get cleaned up.

What an eye opening report. No denying all the problematic findings.

Weatherford, TX

#16 Dec 4, 2012
dogs drool cats rule wrote:
Of all the things to pick on in the report regarding volunteers: the photos the volunteers take was the worse problem you could come up with? The props where what the shelter had provided or suggested they use, correct? Regardless, the pics the volunteers take are much better than the ones the shelter staff take. I think the evaluation went into much greater detail on issues staff should focus on fixing, their intake process, which includes taking better photos. How they handle those drugs (not taking them home anymore). Guns left in unlocked cabinets. Terrible drainage where dogs were seen drinking the contaminated water causing sickness and disease. Approximately 134 pgs of problems for shelter to work on vs. 1 pg for volunteers to work on. I bet the volunteers can make those corrections swiftly.
I was really shocked to read that they County ACO's only clean and sanitize their trucks about once a week or even once a month? Gross! If you have ever transported dogs, you probably realize they puke, pee and poop while stressed during travel. It clearly shows numerous things that had been done wrong and most certainly explains the all the previous sickness and disease that citizens were complaining about. This shelter may appear clean, but the report clearly shows that proper measures were not being followed. That inmates were not being trained or supervised and for the chemicals to work, they have to sit 5-10 minutes. It's seems like it's way past time for this mess to get cleaned up.
The animal people are responsible for any and all conditions at the shelter because they ran off the previous director. A director who was excellent, unlike what is there now. You only have youselves to blame for the problems. You are to blame for the disease and sickness and every other problem that may exist.

Weatherford, TX

#17 Dec 4, 2012
And had the ex-volunteers been allowed back into the shelter to run amuck, there would be even greater problems. You like to pretend you know everything about shelter operations when you know nothing! And I question your use of "citizens", when everyone knows that some of your key people are not citizens of this county.
dogs drool cats rule

Weatherford, TX

#18 Dec 4, 2012
What ex volunteers are banned? Is there a list posted somewhere? Who is banned?

Weatherford, TX

#19 Dec 4, 2012
What ex volunteers are banned? Is there a list posted somewhere? Who is banned?
I did not say they were banned. If they are banned, then they have banned themselves. Make your own list, include anyone you like. The animal people decided own their own not to volunteer as they have stated many times they would not sign an application that required them to support the shelter at all times. If you are not going to support the shelter and their activities, what use are you? Absolutely none!
Return to Old Values

United States

#24 Dec 5, 2012
No need for me to say I'm sorry. YOU are the one who keeps saying these things about the Swancys. Why? Why do you keep reminding people? You drve biz to my shop and you draw a lot of negative attention to Councilman Swancy, why?
Mentor

San Leandro, CA

#25 Dec 5, 2012
Return to Old Values wrote:
No need for me to say I'm sorry. YOU are the one who keeps saying these things about the Swancys. Why? Why do you keep reminding people? You drve biz to my shop and you draw a lot of negative attention to Councilman Swancy, why?
Tawni, if you said it and it was wrong, why don't you apologize?

Really, why?

Weatherford, TX

#27 Dec 6, 2012
It has been almost a year now since the group of animal rescuers tore apart the animal shelter. A year in which they have blamed the shelter for animals not being adopted and all other manner of sins. I think by this time they should realize that there is no easy, nor quick solution to unwanted animals. The type of dogs the shelter takes in are large, mix-breed dogs, dogs that cost more to feed than a small child. They appear to concentrate their efforts to facebook. The people they need to reach for their low-cost, and free spay/neuter are not on facebook, most often they will not even have access to a computer. They should ask themselves why The Center of Hope sets up a table at Goodwill about once a month. Perhaps the people who need the most help would benefit from an information booth set up where they apply for food stamps and other government assistance. I think the address is 1950 Clear Lake Road. Combined in the same office is also the government agency dedicated to Child welfare. So do you really want to help or are you content to sit behind your computer?
History

United States

#28 Dec 6, 2012
Hillbilly Detector wrote:
<quoted text>She did not say nor write any of the things that this person says. He is the one writing them over and over again. His comments have only caused harm to those he has written about. Not the smartest guy on the block I would guess.
Yes she HAS said/posted those things. And again, you denying it does not makecutchi away.

Weatherford, TX

#30 Dec 6, 2012
I listened to part of the Animal Shelter Advisory Committee meeting tonight - Had to turn it off when this one woman kept babbling about some discussion she had with Dustin. According to Dustin, cats are the major problem with their release rates. Now that is one statement I can believe - from the racket outside tonight, the shelter should be having litters and litters of kittens very soon. People seem to believe that cats are not to be kept inside but are to be turned loose to roam the neighborhood and irritate their neighbors. I cannot understand why people are so enamored with the concept of trap/neuter/release. The cats are still disease carriers and rabies carriers. Why would anyone want a bunch of wild cats hanging around giving their diseases to their pets? I think the correct term would be a colony of cats. If the shelter is going to start such a program, they better not turn those wild cats loose in the city. They will have to find someone in the country to take them - only then the cats will just become dinner for a coyote. Seems more humane to just put them to sleep. One suggested "improvement" to the shelter sounds very expensive - reworking all of the drains in all the buildings. Another is buying crates, or portable kennels to house the animals while the kennels are being cleaned. Hello tax increase! The first animal person to make comments said they had been complaining for "years" about problems at the shelter - now that was not true. That particular person hasn't been around for "years". I suppose she thought it sounded better than the truth. What is it with people - can't they just stand up and tell the unvarnished truth?

Weatherford, TX

#31 Dec 6, 2012
Breaking news folks - our city leaders enjoy being kicked in the knees, punched in their stomachs, and stabbed in their backs! They are letting the animal people back into the shelter. Of course they will have to hire a zoo keeper to run herd on this bunch; oops, excuse me, Outreach Coordinator. Apparently they have already steam- rolled over the temporary director. Get ready for the fun and games! There is no way they can "save" enough animals to justify the cost to the city of another person's salary. This is going to be fun!
Watchdog member

Melissa, TX

#32 Dec 7, 2012
MaryRoseSmith wrote:
Breaking news folks - our city leaders enjoy being kicked in the knees, punched in their stomachs, and stabbed in their backs! They are letting the animal people back into the shelter. Of course they will have to hire a zoo keeper to run herd on this bunch; oops, excuse me, Outreach Coordinator. Apparently they have already steam- rolled over the temporary director. Get ready for the fun and games! There is no way they can "save" enough animals to justify the cost to the city of another person's salary. This is going to be fun!
Here is an idea. You go volunteer at the shelter and see for yourself what the work is really like. WE should be very grateful that there are folks willing to do that work. The problem of unwanted animals and irresponsible animal owners will always be with us. Dealing with it will always be an expense inside towns and cities. Better oversite by the admin section of the city is what is needed. Policies and procedures that are actually adhered too will be a plus. Proper training for the shelter staff will help. Getting the volunteers to return is the first real sign that the shelter will come up to the task. What occured previously was not pleasant but the lack of oversite and just plain protection of an employee who was out of control was not acceptable in the extreme. The volunteers had a real grievance that was not being addressed by the politicians on the council who were more concerned with re-election than doing their job. Hopefully now that the dust has settled the shelter will be ran properly.

Weatherford, TX

#33 Dec 7, 2012
The animal people pretend to know the answers to the problem of unwanted animals. The answer is not at the shelter, it is out there in the public. Changing people's attitudes is a long and slow process - the answers do not come from books nor attending seminars, nor will it come because more and more tax money is thrown at the problem. Every situation is different, every area of this country is different. While some of the animal people seem to be sincere, I question the motives of others. The motives that inspired them to create the entire uproar over what was only their opinion as to "problems" at the shelter has done enormous damage to the city, the shelter and to the employees lives. Damage they cannot undo. They would like everyone to just forget their actions and "move on". Even if they manage to improve the release rates at the shelter with their activities, the cloud of their apparent hate will always be there. The dust has not settled, the cloud will forever be around you and your organization.

Weatherford, TX

#34 Dec 7, 2012
Oh, one more thing, your kill the shelter signs do serve a useful purpose. They will continue to remind the public of the damage you have done. Keep posting girls!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Granbury Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Legion Of Doom gang from Paschal High School (Dec '13) 51 min Chris Buis 10
what kinda town is granbury really? (Sep '08) 2 hr Hahaha 40
Poll what happened to all the original labare dancer... (Jun '10) Thu DallasStorm 266
Tire rotation at Moritz Dodge in Fort Worth Jul 19 Caught_them_red_h... 2
ruben and rudy mendoza (Jun '13) Jul 17 TiffanyL 6
Blacks shooting people on Las Vegas Trail Jul 15 Rufus Jones 1
Topless women weekend (Jan '15) Jul 15 Duskbot 6

Granbury Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Granbury Mortgages