Fired Fort Worth medical center head blasts UNT System chancellor

Jan 3, 2013 Full story: Star-Telegram.com

Lee Jackson, chancellor of the University of North Texas System, misstated facts, lacked the knowledge to lead operations and allowed "pride and ego" to influence his decision-making, the leader of Fort Worth's Health Science Center said last month, according to a searing presentation released by his spokeswoman.

Full Story
eyedrd

Pekin, IL

#1 Jan 4, 2013
What were the real reasons behind the abrupt dismissal of Ransom because it would expose UNT system to expensive litigation, settlement and severance package?

It can be speculated that the average of severance compensation usually covers at least 2 years of salary, i.e,$2M.

Hundreds of students would not get the scholarships from the money loss due to the firing of Ransom or tuition will be raised to pay for it.
Both Ransom and Jackson are men of high ambition and strong headed. Dr. Ransom would not go away quietly with a tarnished reputation on his resume. Litigation or appeal will only spill more dirty laundry of the UNT system. The cost of firing Ransom may end up costing a few million dollars. This unnecessary financial loss could have better used to provide financial aid to students, a few hundreds of college-tuition scholarships could have been given to needed students.

http://eyedrd.org/2013/01/the-saga-of-ransom-...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Granbury Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
As Statewide Smoking Ban Burns Out in Capitol, ... 23 hr generalsn1234567 1
Fort Worth sergeant sues city, police chief Sat bite me 1
what happened to all the original labare dancer... (Jun '10) Dec 18 dana kline 189
Third Bandido arrested in motorcycle bar shooting Dec 17 Joe snuffy 2
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Dec 17 98 Degree Diarrhea 595
Review: Morgan Leak Detection Drain Cleaning Dec 17 Cory Trevor 2
Several hurt after American jet meets turbulence Dec 17 Observation 1

Granbury News Video

Granbury Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Granbury People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Granbury News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Granbury

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]