Truckers say U.S. DOT's Proposal Woul...

Truckers say U.S. DOT's Proposal Would Sell America's Highways

There are 2 comments on the www.layover.com story from Jul 30, 2008, titled Truckers say U.S. DOT's Proposal Would Sell America's Highways. In it, www.layover.com reports that:

Coming soon along a highway near you, courtesy of the U.S. Department of Transportation, signs that read "For Sale." The Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association responded to an announcement by ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.layover.com.

catwalk

AOL

#1 Jul 30, 2008
Why doesn't OOIDA respond to this clever trick to through out owner-operators right under their nose going on at ports in America. There are thousands of truckers who belong to OOIDA that work pulling containers from the ports myself included. This doesn't just effect the local container haulers it also is going to stop the rest of us from doing business that operate over the road but only call on the ports three-four times a week.
This is nothing more than a scam with greed hiding behind a green banner http://www.cleanandsafeports.org/

“Trucking Is Not A Job-Its Life”

Since: Jun 07

Richmond / Colonial Heights,VA

#2 Jul 30, 2008
The OOIDA is a very sad organization that needs to be disbanded or a total change at the top. they have forgotten who they are suppose to support, in favor kissing GOVT ass. as for the whole port issue the only national trucking group that has attempted to do anything is the ATA.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grain Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Woman: ' - Raytown Romeo' conned me out of $9K ... (Apr '14) 9 hr lol 88
Buckner Police Procedures or Lack Of (Jan '12) Sun Lewysix6 132
News Mountain lion, cat face off through sliding doo... Jun 25 artie43 1
Morris Reeves family house Fire 1943 Jun 6 Jrjbob 3
News Report shows growing racial disparity in Missou... Jun 2 Obvious 2
imPROPer Dress costumes May 30 Latest Mistress 1
Review: CD Mcclain Electric Inc May '15 lee 1
More from around the web

Grain Valley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE