Metro Magazine Aims to Help Families ...

Metro Magazine Aims to Help Families with Special Needs

There are 3 comments on the Fox4KC story from Aug 25, 2010, titled Metro Magazine Aims to Help Families with Special Needs. In it, Fox4KC reports that:

A new magazine is set to launch here in the metro, as a Grain Valley mom works to help families with special needs connect to useful information they can use.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox4KC.

will be helpful

Liberty, MO

#1 Aug 26, 2010
As a parent of a handicapped child (now in his twenties), I can assure you there really is a need for such a magazine. My son was born before the Internet could yield such information so easily and I depended heavily on word of mouth to find services or products. Health care professionals kept calling cards and contact information of people offering services for the handicapped. Sometimes at a clinic at Children's Mercy or KU I could get a lead. Since I was as much "in the know" as anyone since I was a special education teacher I know that for others it must have been especially difficult.
angela

Lees Summit, MO

#2 Aug 26, 2010
i think this is wonderful!! i am a parent of a special needs young adult, and wish this magazine would have been created years ago as it woud have been helpful to me! i am sure it will be successful as there are many families in the metro area with special needs children. congrats to this mom. i only wish i would have come up with the idea myself!!
Stephanie

Overland Park, KS

#3 Aug 26, 2010
I think the mother with the child that has down syndrome that she kept in the attic. Needs to read your magazine. Its great that you have this avaiable for parents.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grain Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News COURT UPHOLDS TED WHITE JUDGMENT: Lee's Summit ... (May '10) Mar 17 SearchingforJustice 62
News Woman: ' - Raytown Romeo' conned me out of $9K ... (Apr '14) Mar 9 arveyt53 335
Old Tyme Days/Cole Younger Days (Jan '11) Mar 6 Coach Craddock Ro... 5
Review: Raintree Community Church (Oct '13) Mar 4 Bulldog Bob Brown 28
Review: Rockhill Orthopaedics - Scott A Langfor... (Jun '09) Jan '17 Donna 9
I love wearing panties Jan '17 Anonymous 1
Why so many cops off 70??? Jan '17 Corey 4

Grain Valley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grain Valley Mortgages