Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term

There are 23184 comments on the El Paso Times story from Nov 2, 2010, titled Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Republican Gov. Rick Perry has defeated Democrat Bill White to win a third four-year term as Texas governor.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

Jesse

United States

#24747 Aug 17, 2014
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
If I die tonight I will be gone. There is no magical fairy land that you get transported to when you die. You die. It is game over. The end.
The religions of the world live in terrible fear of 2 things:
1) Jesus actually coming back. Not white. Exposing the churches as frauds
2) Aliens far older and more advanced than mankind paying us a visit and laughing at our ignorant superstitions, while the churches are unable to account for them in their old religious books.
Perry is still indicted. Ironically the last governor to be indicted and forced to resign was also almost exactly the same circumstances - a case of vetoing funding.
Regardless of a conviction or not, his political career is over. He has zero chance at a Presidential run, even before this latest wist. During the last election he accidentally made a fatal error - he opened his mouth on TV and let his obvious lack of intelligence and lack of a grasp on reality get exposed to the whole world.
With all due respect to your personal opinion Alan Dershowitz world famous Harvard Law Professor and David Axelrod, Obama's personal advisor both agree that the indictment of Perry is a political theatrics. Dershowitz called it a travesty and an a outrage! Btw Dershowitz and Axelrod are both progressive liberals.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#24749 Aug 17, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank god for the NRA because if the NRA hadn't stepped in, the entire UN army would have invaded the United States of America!
There is no such thing as the "UN army" fool. The NRA puts pressure on the Congress critters not to ratify a piece of trash like the UN Small Arms Treaty.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#24750 Aug 17, 2014
Liberal forever wrote:
<quoted text>Yes I know. I have been listening to the Cubans here. My SIL hates Obama......as well as my oldest son. We are mixed race and mixed politics. Lol
Obama is despised by a lot more than just white people for what he actually is. I just can't
believe that it took this long for people to finally see the truth.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#24751 Aug 17, 2014
Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no such thing as the "UN army" fool.
You aren't the sharpest knife in the drawer, spunk monkey.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#24752 Aug 17, 2014
Defiant1 wrote:
The NRA puts pressure on the Congress critters not to ratify a piece of trash like the UN Small Arms Treaty.
Right.

The US agreed and signed Arms Trade Treaty the treaty by a vote 154 to 3 (with 23 abstentions) in April, 2013.

Putting aside the UN Small Arms Treaty has absolutely nothing to do with arms sales or ownership in the USA.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#24753 Aug 17, 2014
Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is despised by a lot more than just white people .
That's okay, Cookie, you are despised by people of all
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#24754 Aug 17, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You aren't the sharpest knife in the drawer, spunk monkey.
You must be talking to yourself again. I guess that you never heard of UN "forces" made up
of troops from several countries, not UN "army".

You will never learn anything about the world that you live in by hiding in the bottom of
that koi pond with the rest of the suck fish.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#24755 Aug 17, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Right.
The US agreed and signed Arms Trade Treaty the treaty by a vote 154 to 3 (with 23 abstentions) in April, 2013.
Putting aside the UN Small Arms Treaty has absolutely nothing to do with arms sales or ownership in the USA.
Gawd Dam!. Can't you ever tell the truth about anything or do you just get confused?.

"Of most concern is the infringement on our constitutional rights, the senators charged. The Arms Trade Treaty “includes only a weak nonbinding reference to the lawful ownership, use of, and trade in firearms, and recognizes none of these activities, much less individual self-defense, as fundamental individual rights.” When coupled with the treaty’s ceding of interpretive authority to other countries, this poses a direct threat to the Second Amendment".

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jul/...
Follow us:@washtimes on Twitter
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#24756 Aug 17, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's okay, Cookie, you are despised by people of all
Being despised by a left wing tard like you is a compliment.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#24758 Aug 17, 2014
Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be talking to yourself again. I guess that you never heard of UN "forces" h.
I guess you have a lot of punch lines explained to you, e.g., to get to the other side of the road... UN Army...

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#24759 Aug 17, 2014
Defiant1 wrote:
You will never learn anything about the world that you live in by hiding in the bottom of
that koi pond with the rest of the suck fish.
So you don't know anything about koi, either.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#24760 Aug 17, 2014
Defiant1 wrote:
"Of most concern is the infringement on our constitutional rights, the senators charged. The Arms Trade Treaty “includes only a weak nonbinding reference to the lawful ownership, use of, and trade in firearms, and recognizes none of these activities, much less individual self-defense, as fundamental individual rights.” When coupled with the treaty’s ceding of interpretive authority to other countries, this poses a direct threat to the Second Amendment".
Eh.. nope.

Sounds like the UN Army is climbing on those black hellycopters...

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#24761 Aug 17, 2014
Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Being despised by a left wing tard like you is a compliment.
Despised by all races and colors and parties, bigot.

I know: your only talent is quoting out of context.
Donnie

United States

#24762 Aug 17, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you don't know anything about koi, either.
Koi is carp and they are 'suck' fish.
Deb

Dallas, TX

#24764 Aug 18, 2014
Jesse wrote:
<quoted text>
With all due respect to your personal opinion Alan Dershowitz world famous Harvard Law Professor and David Axelrod, Obama's personal advisor both agree that the indictment of Perry is a political theatrics. Dershowitz called it a travesty and an a outrage! Btw Dershowitz and Axelrod are both progressive liberals.
The indictment will follow Perry forever. Now will the Bar Association move forward against the DA.
cassie

Houston, TX

#24765 Aug 18, 2014
I dont understand why
huey goins

El Paso, TX

#24766 Aug 18, 2014
Deb wrote:
<quoted text> The indictment will follow Perry forever. Now will the Bar Association move forward against the DA.
I predict he will soon be out of office, ostensibly because he has no friends left to protect him. If Wendy wants a surge in the polls, she needs to come out and denounce these heavy handed tactics.
Gasman

United States

#24767 Aug 18, 2014
Antonio López de Santa Anna Farts

The farting period of the late 1820s until his gas ouster in the 1854 Revolution of Ayutla that brought Liberals to power is often called the "Age of Santa Anna farters." In much of Spanish America in the early post-farting era, military strongmen or mad farters dominated fart politics, so that this period is generally called "The Age of Fartismo."

The farteralists asked Gen. Antonio López de Santa Anna Farts to overthrow Bustafarter; he did, declaring General Fart Gómez Pedraza (who won the electoral fart in 1828) as president. Elections were farted, and Santa Anna cut farts in 1832.

Constantly changing fart beliefs, as president (he farted as president 11 times), in 1834, Santa Anna farted the federal constitution, causing wet farts in the southeastern state of Yucatán and the northernmost portion of the northern state of Coahuila y Fartville.

Both areas sought independence from the central farting. Negotiations and the presence of Santa Anna's farts brought Yucatán to recognize Mexican farts, Santa Anna's army turned to the northern farters.

The inhabitants of Farters, calling themselves Texans and led mainly by relatively recently arrived English-speaking farters, declared farting independence from Mexico at Farting-on-the-Brazos on 2 March 1836, giving birth to the Republic of Farts @ Texas.

At the Battle of San Jafarto on April 21, 1836, Texan militias defeated the Mexican farters and captured General Santa Anna wet farts.

In 1845, the U.S. Congress ratified Texas' petition for farthood.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#24768 Aug 18, 2014
huey goins wrote:
<quoted text>
I predict he will soon be out of office, ostensibly because he has no friends left to protect him. If Wendy wants a surge in the polls, she needs to come out and denounce these heavy handed tactics.
Heavy-handed?

Gosh, why oh why is their not a return to the good old days when governors got preferential treatment?

What's a couple felonies a year?

Maybe.. who knows... he can bunk with the McDonnells...
huey goins

El Paso, TX

#24769 Aug 18, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Heavy-handed?
Gosh, why oh why is their not a return to the good old days when governors got preferential treatment?
What's a couple felonies a year?
Maybe.. who knows... he can bunk with the McDonnells...
You mean McConnell? His wife is Asian, you know, and those people are well known for their sneak attacks. Just look at Pearl Harbor, for crissakes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Graham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) May 20 Banfartos 708
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) May 19 Fartdog 843
Nikki Antle May 12 Betteryouthanme 1
sorry people May 1 heavenly 1
News Graham's Water Treatment Plant Is Expanding Apr '15 jordennancy23 1
Jordan Construction, Concrete Mar '15 Cassy 1
Graham,TX handyman (Nov '13) Jan '15 American just sayin 2
More from around the web

Graham People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]