Taylor County Sheriff Candidates

Posted in the Grafton Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Taylor County resident

Wheeling, WV

#1 Jul 14, 2011
I have been hearing alot of rumors about who maybe running for Sheriff in the next election. Here are the names i have heard so far. Robert Beltner the current Grafton Police Chief, Chief Deputy Terring Skinner, Terry Austin, and Carl Payne retired WVSP. Just curious what everyone thinks about the rumored candidates
taylor rejected

AOL

#2 Oct 29, 2011
i hear,terry austin,skinner,ed kerns,randy derett,
skinner i hear is going to hire the now sherrif for his chief deputy.havent we had enough of robert beltner in the sheriffs office

Since: Sep 11

Wheeling, WV

#3 Oct 29, 2011
And again you need to check your sources ive not heard from Chief Deputy Skinner say anything about having a Chief Deputy
Shad O-Ryder

Newburg, WV

#4 Oct 30, 2011
taylor rejected wrote:
i hear,terry austin,skinner,ed kerns,randy derett,
skinner i hear is going to hire the now sherrif for his chief deputy.havent we had enough of robert beltner in the sheriffs office
What has Sheriff Beltner done that we should have had "enough" of him?

Dallas, WV

#5 Oct 30, 2011
Exactly he is and has been a good Sheriff
Get real

United States

#6 Nov 4, 2011
JMAC1979 wrote:
Exactly he is and has been a good Sheriff
Yea right, you dont live in Taylor Co. so how would you know?

United States

#7 Nov 5, 2011
I've been a resident of Taylor county for 32 yrs. He is better than some past reese and kisner was a joke Sinclair not much better
Get real

United States

#8 Nov 5, 2011
Well sorry to inform you Beltner isn't any better. He can't even control his own men. Skinner is basically running the dept, and not very well at that. He lost DUI grant money for not having reports done on time. I guess you forgot about the Thorn deal, right under his nose and knew it for a year and do anything about it. I could go on and on. He will get crooked in this election for sheriff because he's been promised the chief deputy position by Skinner. He has a lot of people fooled being mister nice guy, but we need a sheriff that's got balls. That's the only way thing's will change in this county.
FED UP

United States

#9 Nov 5, 2011
Well Beltner gave Randy a pay raise and Captains bars to keep him out of the election. Randy told me his self he was gonna run. Now they bought him out. Of course Beltner & Skinner are saying he was never gonna run.

Dallas, WV

#10 Nov 5, 2011
Durrett is still running and he is the only viable option Taylor County has. You have Skinner who we dont need in office Terry Austin who does have experience but has been out of LE way too long. Not trying to ruffle feathers. but my opinion is Randy Durrett is the only viable option for Sheriff and as of Friday night he was still running i heard that from him
FED UP

United States

#11 Nov 5, 2011
Randy is out as of Tues. after Commission mtg.

Dallas, WV

#12 Nov 5, 2011
He stated last night that he was still running so idk
buster

AOL

#13 Nov 5, 2011
if u think taylor co is bad now if skinner gets elected you aint seen nothin yet.its bad when the procecuting attorney says the same thing.with beltner,no leadership,no disiplen,no organization.he tells everyone its his dept and hell run the way he wants.skinner will be the same way.people should sit in the resturants and listen to the talk,they would learn a lot

Dallas, WV

#14 Nov 5, 2011
I dont understand why just because Durrett was promoted he would withdraw from the election
Joe

Farmington, WV

#15 Nov 6, 2011
JMAC1979 wrote:
I dont understand why just because Durrett was promoted he would withdraw from the election
Simply a matter of economics and self-preservation. With Captain bars comes a raise. Also He doesn't lose his civil service status which equals protection. It woiuold be interesting to see if the Sheriffs Department actually has a Caption's billet or if it was just majically created. What's next Major Durrett????5605

Wheeling, WV

#16 Nov 6, 2011
Hes not the first Captain that the SD has had here has been some in the past instead of Chief Deputy there were Captains.
Joe

Farmington, WV

#17 Nov 6, 2011
Not in the last twenty years or so.

United States

#18 Nov 6, 2011
Clark Sinclair was Capt not chief deputy than when he was sheriff he went back with chief deputy and did away with capt
GRAFTONRumerMILL

York, PA

#19 Nov 7, 2011
Randy would make a great candidate... he has ripped off dozens of people for thousands of dollars over his gambling habbit... he is perfect for Taylor County Sherriff!

Dallas, WV

#20 Nov 7, 2011
Have any proof

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grafton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Bridge 6 min homerjethro 1
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 7 min YIM 1,587
Eric at Jerry's Restaurant 8 min homerjethro 6
The Bolyard boys Dwight Omar an Jamie 4 hr Angel audia 9
Anderson and Hartley 12 hr Seeall 2
Leer Mine Soccer Complex 16 hr Smh 1
Paul Mcdaniel 22 hr A friend of red 2
KFC Closed Forever!!! 23 hr Not true 24

Grafton Jobs

More from around the web