Turf at Mckinney Field
Bring On The Turf

Grafton, WV

#84 May 21, 2013
eddymunster wrote:
<quoted text>
My problem with it is that not every one can afford turf. Taylor county is one that can't afford to keep up with the Jone's. You seem to know so much about all this I was sure you would be able to answer my question about the upkeep of the turf. And for you to think that they have thought this out lets me believe you are not as informed as you let on to be. Not only does turf cost more to maintain but injuries are about %50 more likely.
ok then einstein then tell the solution that would of fixed the field. Answered your question clearly every sport has its own funding. That means that everybody will have to pay. So please tell me what the right solution was to have a field available that everybody could use. But remember that Mckinney field has more sports being used on it then Heinz Field does and they have to resod it a few times a year. So please tell me!
eddymunster

Salem, WV

#85 May 22, 2013
The answer is that I know people who volunteered to work on the field and fix it. People who know what they are doing. People with the equipment to do it. But their service was turned down. Because the goal wast to make sure the field was in bad shape. That was the only way to get the turf that the few elites in this town wanted. That has always been the only field to play on. If they were really worried about how many games were played on it they could have spent some money at the middle school and alleviated a lot of the stress at the High School. Not hiring some amateur to do the field the last time would have also be of some benefit. I know they have money set aside for maintenance. But the saving of $20,000 a year on ground keeping has been one of the selling points on here. I'm sure it was also a selling point to the people of the county.
Bring On The Turf

Grafton, WV

#86 May 22, 2013
eddymunster wrote:
The answer is that I know people who volunteered to work on the field and fix it. People who know what they are doing. People with the equipment to do it. But their service was turned down. Because the goal wast to make sure the field was in bad shape. That was the only way to get the turf that the few elites in this town wanted. That has always been the only field to play on. If they were really worried about how many games were played on it they could have spent some money at the middle school and alleviated a lot of the stress at the High School. Not hiring some amateur to do the field the last time would have also be of some benefit. I know they have money set aside for maintenance. But the saving of $20,000 a year on ground keeping has been one of the selling points on here. I'm sure it was also a selling point to the people of the county.
Wow maybe those people should go apply to work at Heinz Field as their grounds keeper cause like I said it has to be resodded a few times a year. Are you kidding me cause lets be real here. You think that the people you know could of fixed that field when it is played on pretty much everyday Sept-Oct. Like I said maybe they should go to Pittsburgh and save them thousands and would prob be heros. Im sure their services was turned down cause there is nothing can be done when grass needs rest to grow.
eddymunster

Clarksburg, WV

#87 May 22, 2013
Bring On The Turf wrote:
<quoted text>Wow maybe those people should go apply to work at Heinz Field as their grounds keeper cause like I said it has to be resodded a few times a year. Are you kidding me cause lets be real here. You think that the people you know could of fixed that field when it is played on pretty much everyday Sept-Oct. Like I said maybe they should go to Pittsburgh and save them thousands and would prob be heros. Im sure their services was turned down cause there is nothing can be done when grass needs rest to grow.
What ever! The point is they were going to try. "FOR FREE" They were not even given the chance. The plan for years has been to tear up the field on purpose and get us poor saps to pay for it. Well mission accomplished! So they play on it from Set to Oct. Well the grass grows from late Mar to Aug. That's 5 months to grow grass you don't think that might work if someone who knows what they are doing gives it a try. Or they could have spent some money at the middle school then poof 2 fields.
May-be

Bridgeport, WV

#88 May 23, 2013
I hope that the excess money is locked away somewhere, or it may disappear like all the other money in Grafton does.
neighborhood dogs

United States

#89 May 23, 2013
With all the money john bord and company teals from the county through his loopholes... everyone should just be allowed to show up for his barbeque this weekend... right next door to howard ferriss old house...press included

Byob and video cameras...
coalminer

Ardsley, NY

#90 May 23, 2013
eddymunster wrote:
<quoted text>What ever! The point is they were going to try. "FOR FREE" They were not even given the chance. The plan for years has been to tear up the field on purpose and get us poor saps to pay for it. Well mission accomplished! So they play on it from Set to Oct. Well the grass grows from late Mar to Aug. That's 5 months to grow grass you don't think that might work if someone who knows what they are doing gives it a try. Or they could have spent some money at the middle school then poof 2 fields.
Have to agree with you on the middle school field.
Bring On The Turf

United States

#91 May 23, 2013
coalminer wrote:
<quoted text>
Have to agree with you on the middle school field.
Do you understand that it would cost over 1 million to be able to have any organized sports at the middle school? No lights, bleachers, or facilities there. That is not even a option.
eddymunster

Salem, WV

#92 May 23, 2013
Bring On The Turf wrote:
<quoted text>Do you understand that it would cost over 1 million to be able to have any organized sports at the middle school? No lights, bleachers, or facilities there. That is not even a option.
A million $ really? Did you just pull that out of your ass? No one said they have to build a hotel sized press box like the high school. They don't have to have nearly as many bleachers. Lights could come later because pee wee and pop warner mostly play in the afternoon. What is it with you? Why is it all or nothing?. You will say anything to defend the choice that a few made for the many. To get their turf. This decision will be the end of any future levy's for the school.
coalminer

United States

#93 May 23, 2013
eddymunster wrote:
<quoted text>A million $ really? Did you just pull that out of your ass? No one said they have to build a hotel sized press box like the high school. They don't have to have nearly as many bleachers. Lights could come later because pee wee and pop warner mostly play in the afternoon. What is it with you? Why is it all or nothing?. You will say anything to defend the choice that a few made for the many. To get their turf. This decision will be the end of any future levy's for the school.
It's all about money to bring on the turf. Didn't need turf. Needed another place for the kids to play ball.
Bring On The Turf

Grafton, WV

#94 May 23, 2013
coalminer wrote:
<quoted text>
It's all about money to bring on the turf. Didn't need turf. Needed another place for the kids to play ball.
Now tell me coalminer where might that place be. Of coarse its all about money. This is the cheapest way for all kids in the county to play.
Bring On The Turf

Grafton, WV

#95 May 23, 2013
eddymunster wrote:
<quoted text>
A million $ really? Did you just pull that out of your ass? No one said they have to build a hotel sized press box like the high school. They don't have to have nearly as many bleachers. Lights could come later because pee wee and pop warner mostly play in the afternoon. What is it with you? Why is it all or nothing?. You will say anything to defend the choice that a few made for the many. To get their turf. This decision will be the end of any future levy's for the school.
What is with me? There are regulations on a football field facility. So you are telling me that facilities,lights,bleachers,an d a press box ay the middle school would be cheaper than the $600,000 turf. Besides where would all of that go out there. Use your damn head. There is nothing there besides a field.so hell yeah it would be a million dollar project.
eddymunster

Clarksburg, WV

#96 May 23, 2013
Sure there are regulations. Mostly for safety. But I'm sure there are no regulations that say you have to have lights unless your going to play at night. There are plenty of games that could be and are played there during day light hours that could lessen the games played on the high school field. My daughter was forced to play on that field when she played high school soccer. They didn't seem to have a problem with regulations then. Smaller bleachers would be required there due to a lower turn out for the younger players sports IE the middle school. And I would be willing to bet a press box is not even required but a small one would suffice. Hell they could cut that monstrosity at the high school in half and use it out there. The Middle school field is something that should have been worked on over time but has been completely ignored. So bottom line. Yea I think it could be made playable for a lot less than a million dollars and even less than $600,000. Do you even have any idea how much $600,000 is to the people of Taylor County? What about when it comes time to pass a levy for something important? Hell they don't even have enough books to take home in some classes. But that's OK we'll have a nice field. Although the kids won't have any idea how to figure the square footage of it because they won't have math books.
neighborhood dogs

Smyrna, DE

#97 May 24, 2013
A press box for hugh school football....lol... I bet it has a nice beer refrigerator,, air conditioning, and a place for all the relevant public officials to chill....

Isn't their pictures of old johnnys glory days wallpapering the interior too? What about a bronze statue of jb? The important issue here us whether the people will support a levy for a bronze statue of your commandant
Bring On The Turf

Grafton, WV

#98 May 24, 2013
eddymunster wrote:
Sure there are regulations. Mostly for safety. But I'm sure there are no regulations that say you have to have lights unless your going to play at night. There are plenty of games that could be and are played there during day light hours that could lessen the games played on the high school field. My daughter was forced to play on that field when she played high school soccer. They didn't seem to have a problem with regulations then. Smaller bleachers would be required there due to a lower turn out for the younger players sports IE the middle school. And I would be willing to bet a press box is not even required but a small one would suffice. Hell they could cut that monstrosity at the high school in half and use it out there. The Middle school field is something that should have been worked on over time but has been completely ignored. So bottom line. Yea I think it could be made playable for a lot less than a million dollars and even less than $600,000. Do you even have any idea how much $600,000 is to the people of Taylor County? What about when it comes time to pass a levy for something important? Hell they don't even have enough books to take home in some classes. But that's OK we'll have a nice field. Although the kids won't have any idea how to figure the square footage of it because they won't have math books.
Are you freaking serious! How many times do you have to be told that the money cannot be used for educational projects. Is like trying to buy beer with food stamps. It cannot be done. Your arguments about TCMS field just make no since at all.Middle School would have to have lights and the public would have to have somewhete to piss. I guess with your generic ideas I guess they could go to the woods. Why even argue with you cause you make no damn since at all.
in da know

Grafton, WV

#99 May 24, 2013
Somebody is forgetting the middle school was supposed to have football field and we did levy for it, alas no field to this day.
eddymunster

Salem, WV

#100 May 25, 2013
Bring On The Turf wrote:
<quoted text>Are you freaking serious! How many times do you have to be told that the money cannot be used for educational projects. Is like trying to buy beer with food stamps. It cannot be done. Your arguments about TCMS field just make no since at all.Middle School would have to have lights and the public would have to have somewhete to piss. I guess with your generic ideas I guess they could go to the woods. Why even argue with you cause you make no damn since at all.
Hey moron! If you read my post I said that future levy's will fail to pass that will be needed for other things. And about the middle school did I not say that that lights could be something to come later. Pop Warner and Pee Wee usually play in the afternoons so does the Middle school. The high school soccer team had to play on the middle school field. They didn't care then if I had a place to piss. They were not worthy of the high school back then. But the middle school, pee wee and pop warner football teams played at the high school. Like I said is it all or nothing? I said that they should have been investing in the middle school all along. What are you a paid lobbyist for the National Turf Association??? The only thing we are getting for this money is turf. And it's going to be a half ass job like everything else around here. If what I hear is correct. My understanding is they are going to skip the paved underlay to save the $300,000 that's missing from the initial estimate?? What about the track it's almost useless? Nothing is going to be done about that huh? The track team could bring in a lot more money if they could hold actual meets. If your going to half ass the new field why not raise a little more so we can half ass everything else? I mean why should things be done right! I know they could rent out rooms at the hotel they built at the high school for a press box.
TCMS Knight Parent

Grafton, WV

#101 May 25, 2013
eddymunster wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey moron! If you read my post I said that future levy's will fail to pass that will be needed for other things. And about the middle school did I not say that that lights could be something to come later. Pop Warner and Pee Wee usually play in the afternoons so does the Middle school. The high school soccer team had to play on the middle school field. They didn't care then if I had a place to piss. They were not worthy of the high school back then. But the middle school, pee wee and pop warner football teams played at the high school. Like I said is it all or nothing? I said that they should have been investing in the middle school all along. What are you a paid lobbyist for the National Turf Association??? The only thing we are getting for this money is turf. And it's going to be a half ass job like everything else around here. If what I hear is correct. My understanding is they are going to skip the paved underlay to save the $300,000 that's missing from the initial estimate?? What about the track it's almost useless? Nothing is going to be done about that huh? The track team could bring in a lot more money if they could hold actual meets. If your going to half ass the new field why not raise a little more so we can half ass everything else? I mean why should things be done right! I know they could rent out rooms at the hotel they built at the high school for a press box.
Speaking of morans the Knights play games on weeknights after school so how are they supposed to see about aftet halftime.
eddymunster

Salem, WV

#102 May 25, 2013
TCMS Knight Parent wrote:
<quoted text>Speaking of morans the Knights play games on weeknights after school so how are they supposed to see about aftet halftime.
Who's side are you on! It was just one suggestion besides like I said it could still be done "should" have been done already. I'm trying to make an argument to support everyone. All "Turf" cares about is the high school turf. I want nice facilities for all the kids not just the ones that play football. Turf was not the only alternative. If the field was cared for properly and installed properly it would still be ok. I wouldn't be surprised if once it's done they say well we just can't support the soccer team it will be to hard on the turf. So you will just have to go back and play at the middle school again because knottsville is not even an option anymore. Turf has no upside but instead of trying to explain it to you maybe you would like to read some information yourself. I have posted several articles before but here is another. The only one's saying anything good about turf are the sites that sell turf. It's to late now but since your a football parent you should read it.

http://turf.uark.edu/turfhelp/archives/021109...
TCMS Knight Parent

Grafton, WV

#103 May 25, 2013
To tell you the truth I have to agree with the other person really there is no room for anything out there. The only flat spot off the field is taken up by a picnic table and a cage. So yeah to me you couldnt touch that field for night games for less than 600,000+ Turf on that field is the best solution hands down. Am sure that everysport that plays on the turf will be able to keep up the cost.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grafton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jordan weber 9 hr lets get real 7
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 12 hr well 1,287
hail storm damage--who are best contractors 15 hr Happy customer 4
lindsey construction 15 hr Poling residence 15
Shield roofing 15 hr Happy customer 2
Chelsea Hunneshagen 19 hr Watching 10
Chrissy lambert 20 hr Dealbreaker 14
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grafton Mortgages