2 Dead After Semi Collides with Pickup

Full story: WJW Fox 8 Cleveland

The Elyria Post of the Ohio State Highway Patrol is investigating a double fatal traffic accident that occurred early Friday morning just after midnight, Fox 8 News reports.
Comments
1 - 20 of 31 Comments Last updated Jan 6, 2010
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#1 Dec 31, 2009
Today is Thursday, not Friday.

Location hidden

#2 Dec 31, 2009
My sympathies to the families of the deceased.
urcrazy

Solon, OH

#3 Dec 31, 2009
Geez, can't even get the days straight?? My deepest sympathies to the families involved.
debs

AOL

#4 Dec 31, 2009
This happened right in front of my house. It was horrific. My thoughts and prayers to the family members at this time.
Bruce

Queens Village, NY

#5 Dec 31, 2009
Was it snowing at the time? My sympathies to the families. I drive truck for a living as well, and my worst fear is someone coming left of center, or an out of control vehicle coming across the median on the Interstate..There is absolutely nothing you can do about it.
Brenda

Philadelphia, PA

#6 Dec 31, 2009
Wow. So sad. My prayers to the family and friends.
Ryan

Cleveland, OH

#7 Dec 31, 2009
No it was not snowing at the time at all. The roads were perfectly clear too. I live right in the neighborhood it happened in front of and had just gotten home like 10 minutes before it happened. My sympathies go out to the families. Very sad
fam

United States

#8 Dec 31, 2009
Thank you for all you prayers and sympathy. For a family who loved him so much, he will be missed every sec. Love you Uncle Don...

Rockford, OH

#9 Dec 31, 2009
what a sad thing to happen why do people want to drive drunk and looks that might be the case here but then again we don't know but its still sad my thoughts and prayers go out to the familes
pistoff

United States

#10 Dec 31, 2009
Scratch 2 drunk hillbillies.
sixto

Avon, OH

#11 Dec 31, 2009
so sad...like debs,this was also in my front yard...my condolences, and prayers to the family.we covered your dog out of respect..and to the heroes who dragged to driver out,with no thought, at the moment ,for their own safety.god bless you.
sixto- grafton township

Avon, OH

#12 Dec 31, 2009
so sad...like debs,this was also in my front yard...my condolences, and prayers to the family.we covered your dog out of respect..and to the heroes who dragged the driver out,with no thought, at the moment ,for their own safety.god bless you.
family

Bellevue, MI

#13 Dec 31, 2009
Thanks to all for your prayers . My Brother was the passenger in the pickup with Don . Don and Mike had been friends since kindergarden , Don was like a big Brother to me also , they will both be deeply missed .
Friend of Don

Strongsville, OH

#14 Jan 5, 2010
The comment from "pistoff" stating "Scratch 2 drunk hillbillies" was thoughtless, ignorant and cruel-spirited. It is not known if alcohol was involved, there could be any number of reasons that Don's truck crossed the center line at that moment. The bottom line is that two human beings are suddenly lost forever, and there are many, many grief-stricken relatives, loved ones and friends who would be insulted and hurt by "pistoff's" heartless, condemning comment.
Don's visitation was last night and funeral service this morning. You've never seen so many devastated, hurting people. If "pistoff" had a buddy who went up in flames in a fiery accident, maybe he/she would think twice before making such a cruel, disprespectful comment. Many thanks to all here who expressed sympathies and have offered prayers, they are surely appreciated by both Don's and Mike's loved ones & will be essential as they try to move forward in life without these two great guys.

Location hidden

#15 Jan 5, 2010
Friend of Don wrote:
The comment from "pistoff" stating "Scratch 2 drunk hillbillies" was thoughtless, ignorant and cruel-spirited. It is not known if alcohol was involved, there could be any number of reasons that Don's truck crossed the center line at that moment. The bottom line is that two human beings are suddenly lost forever, and there are many, many grief-stricken relatives, loved ones and friends who would be insulted and hurt by "pistoff's" heartless, condemning comment.
Don's visitation was last night and funeral service this morning. You've never seen so many devastated, hurting people. If "pistoff" had a buddy who went up in flames in a fiery accident, maybe he/she would think twice before making such a cruel, disprespectful comment. Many thanks to all here who expressed sympathies and have offered prayers, they are surely appreciated by both Don's and Mike's loved ones & will be essential as they try to move forward in life without these two great guys.
And just one more time I will say this so no one mixes this idiot up with the real one. The Pistoff that made this comment is an imposter. Someone using his screen name. He has registered his name so this person keeps making stupid, ignorant comments that might be attributed to the real Pistoff. Just wanted to clear this up.
a friend of family

North Ridgeville, OH

#16 Jan 5, 2010
Queen Nut wrote:
My sympathies to the families of the deceased.
hey nut why arent you bashing this guy he went over the line was he drinking they dont know .but you are always bashing before you know the whole story. to this family im sorry for your loss but beware of this nut and her snakes she will come back and say nasty things about your loved one dont listen. god be with you
a friend of family

North Ridgeville, OH

#17 Jan 5, 2010
Queen Nut wrote:
<quoted text>
And just one more time I will say this so no one mixes this idiot up with the real one. The Pistoff that made this comment is an imposter. Someone using his screen name. He has registered his name so this person keeps making stupid, ignorant comments that might be attributed to the real Pistoff. Just wanted to clear this up.
thats a lie pitypat aka queen nut and catman aka pussyman and pistoff,neharain,susan.l,nikki .h,the way it is today,justme,andwolfman57 and a couple more are very nasty people they look for forums to go on and say very very nasty things about someone that has died and then say nasty things about there familys as well.they do this to feel better about them selfs they are a group look for there names and see the nasty things they say .they are very two faced.they like to cut people down with there ugly comments please dont listen they are not human they have no heart
a friend of family

North Ridgeville, OH

#18 Jan 5, 2010
if you want to see were these nuts go to talk to each other go to the conservative room on topix you will see all there names they change there names all the time

“Cats rule.”

Chardon Ohio.

#19 Jan 5, 2010
a friend of family wrote:
<quoted text>thats a lie pitypat aka queen nut and catman aka pussyman and pistoff,neharain,susan.l,nikki .h,the way it is today,justme,andwolfman57 and a couple more are very nasty people they look for forums to go on and say very very nasty things about someone that has died and then say nasty things about there familys as well.they do this to feel better about them selfs they are a group look for there names and see the nasty things they say .they are very two faced.they like to cut people down with there ugly comments please dont listen they are not human they have no heart
You are one very sick person. Is filth the only thing that comes out of your mouth?Plus,you would think that with all of the posts thatyou have made,you would have learned how to spell by now.WHY CANT YOU JUST GO AWAY????

“Cats rule.”

Chardon Ohio.

#20 Jan 5, 2010
My condolences to the family.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grafton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr Canton 30,513
Do you approve of Mike Kovack as Medina County ... Fri MainStreetRocks 27
Now Michelle Obama Has Caused America's 'Best C... Aug 23 Sunshine 1
Donald Lee Betts (Aug '07) Aug 21 Nicole 74
OH Who do you support for Treasurer in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Aug 20 Marvin Levels 188
Audits become issue in Medina finance director ... (Oct '09) Aug 19 beekeeper 15
OH Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) Aug 2 gary 2,230
•••
•••
•••

Grafton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Grafton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Grafton News, Events & Info