Convicted Killer Accused of Attacking...

Convicted Killer Accused of Attacking Teacher in Prison

There are 19 comments on the WJW Fox 8 Cleveland story from Apr 22, 2010, titled Convicted Killer Accused of Attacking Teacher in Prison. In it, WJW Fox 8 Cleveland reports that:

An inmate stepped in to stop an attack inside a local prison, after another inmate allegedly took a teacher hostage.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WJW Fox 8 Cleveland.

JCU Dave

Northfield, OH

#1 Apr 22, 2010
Inmate #2 should get time knocked off for good behavior, let's get his name and find out what he did that got him there in the first place... Ready? 1,2,3... GO TEAM!
Elizabeth

United States

#2 Apr 22, 2010
Kudos to the courageous inmate! Glad to hear the teacher was not killed! Why is a convicted killer allowed to roam free in the prison? Where were the guards?
erica d

Ashtabula, OH

#3 Apr 22, 2010
wow,thanks to that dude shes alive
cleveland chris 63

United States

#4 Apr 22, 2010
erica d wrote:
wow,thanks to that dude shes alive
That is awesome,Since this is out your way why don't you stop in there and visit him
bob

Vermilion, OH

#6 Apr 23, 2010
why was a teacher at the prison? We cant or wount put teachers in schools but we will put them at risk in a prison. It's a prison and the inmates that are their are their becaus they broak the law and was dumb enough to get cought. We should outsource the prisons maby to china and see if they get to watch TV and work out and get an education witch they gave up the chance for when they broak the law to start with.
bob

Vermilion, OH

#7 Apr 23, 2010
West_Side wrote:
The teacher owes that dude a B J
a**hole
Jennifer

Canton, OH

#8 Apr 23, 2010
West_Side wrote:
The teacher owes that dude a B J
Ok your ignorant, that teacher does not owe the inmate anything but a thank you.
Ann Porter

Cleveland, OH

#9 Apr 23, 2010
I like to hear this kind of thing. Not the teacher being attacked, but enough good in one prisoner to save an innocent life. Who decided this guy was fit to be a janitor, isn't that some kind of privilege in prison? Thank God for the man who hit him in the head, he obviously did wrong before, but this was one right move on his part. I say give him some ice cream.
Ann Porter

Cleveland, OH

#10 Apr 23, 2010
bob wrote:
why was a teacher at the prison? We cant or wount put teachers in schools but we will put them at risk in a prison. It's a prison and the inmates that are their are their becaus they broak the law and was dumb enough to get cought. We should outsource the prisons maby to china and see if they get to watch TV and work out and get an education witch they gave up the chance for when they broak the law to start with.
MY EYES ARE BLEEDING. GET A DICTIONARY.
Asskickulater

Cleveland, OH

#11 Apr 23, 2010
wow, good job inmate guy :P
question

Maple Heights, OH

#12 Apr 23, 2010
I'm happy to hear one inmate said f the inmate law and did what he did.
urcrazy

United States

#13 Apr 23, 2010
Ann Porter wrote:
<quoted text>
MY EYES ARE BLEEDING. GET A DICTIONARY.
LOL...he needs that teacher huh?? Funny:)
michelle

Ravenna, OH

#14 Apr 23, 2010
thank god for the man that help the teacher i hope hes prasied for him not in trouble for helping thanks agin mr.inmate that helped

Since: Dec 09

United States

#15 Apr 23, 2010
The attacking inmate 'could' face charges? The inmate who intervened dhould get some kind of recompense for helping, sentence reduction, special priveleges, etc.
BooBoo

United States

#16 Apr 23, 2010
JCU Dave wrote:
Inmate #2 should get time knocked off for good behavior, let's get his name and find out what he did that got him there in the first place... Ready? 1,2,3... GO TEAM!
I agree the inmate who saved the teacher's life should get time knocked off his sentence to show all inmates in the system that good actions are rewarded and that we recognize when we see it and can reward accordingly. The inmate who committed the assualt will certainly have time added to his sentence or else new charges brought against him.That will also send a clear message that assaults upon staff will not be tolerated. As the prison system states zero tolerance for assaults upon staff.
BooBoo

United States

#17 Apr 23, 2010
The young man who saved the teachers life should be rewarded by knocking time off his sentence. This will send a clear message to all inmates in the system that we can recognize good behavior when we see it and reward it accordingly we can also recognize negative behavior and reward that as well. The inmate who committed the assualt upon the teacher will see the negative when more time is added to his sentence or in the form of new charges being brought against him. Zero tolerance for assaults upon staff is the philosophy of all correctional facilities and should be inforced at all cost!
nls

Madison, OH

#18 Apr 23, 2010
Agree with BooBoo, depending on other inmates issues.
upset

West Mansfield, OH

#19 Apr 23, 2010
Solitary confinement for the rest of his days!
Concerned Sister

Salisbury, NC

#20 Apr 23, 2010
Someone asked why the prisoners are running free? Because the State has made so many cut-backs that there are not enough guards in the prison. Speaking on behalf of my family member, we are very lucky this instructor is not dead. This community should be aware that this facility is understaffed! We are putting the guards and the community at risk! Don't let this topic fade....find out why the state of Ohio is allowing prisons to become more crowded and understaffed!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grafton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News V-Teck: Proving that after 30 years, local radi... 3 hr Bill Cripple 4
Front License Plate Law (Jun '07) Dec 7 Blah 163
News Physician Somnath Roy is accused of sex crimes (Nov '07) Dec 5 Big Red 72
News City unfair to only gay bar in Lorain County, OH (May '06) Nov 17 Steve P 24
Chris Ehlers? Nov '17 Pissed off 2
You're all wrong! Oct '17 Mylastnameispopul... 2
Lisa Marie Sexton/Missing since 1981 (Dec '09) Oct '17 Mylastnameispopul... 193

Grafton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Grafton Mortgages