sports plex tax
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
foot in the ball

Hopkinsville, KY

#1 Jan 31, 2016
Where is the money coming from to pay for this? Our new Rec director was ran out of Murray as he was trying to get in a high park tax..will he try the same.tax here?
Old Timer

Chatham, IL

#2 Jan 31, 2016
Pretty certain he wasn't "run" out of Murray. So far he has done a great job by what I have seen. In all honesty, this would benefit the community no matter how it gets paid for, though I am not sure Tab is behind it.
Chief Dyke

Owensboro, KY

#3 Jan 31, 2016
Tab had a pretty large group of detractors in Murray that were not sad to see him go. Just check the newspaper archives.
ChiefDyke

Hopkinsville, KY

#4 Jan 31, 2016
Chief Dyke wrote:
Tab had a pretty large group of detractors in Murray that were not sad to see him go. Just check the newspaper archives.
Tell me how he has been a bad president. Facts please.
Get ready

Hopkinsville, KY

#5 Feb 1, 2016
ChiefDyke wrote:
<quoted text> Tell me how he has been a bad president. Facts please.
Thanks for proving my point , i don't agree with this sports plex thing this town needs other things . There are people like this poster poster playing both sides of the fence they are starting an argument then trying to provide an answer this has happened on scores of post ask your selfs why . You need to look at Hopkinsville is being bypassed from the north and south and not a word is being said there is something not in our best interest going on.
Chief Dyke

Owensboro, KY

#6 Feb 1, 2016
Get ready wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks for proving my point , i don't agree with this sports plex thing this town needs other things . There are people like this poster poster playing both sides of the fence they are starting an argument then trying to provide an answer this has happened on scores of post ask your selfs why . You need to look at Hopkinsville is being bypassed from the north and south and not a word is being said there is something not in our best interest going on.
You are not nearly as smart as you think you are. The second post is someone else with a post that is not even about the same subject "Tell me how he has been a bad president. Facts please."
Uh Tab was not the president!!!! What a goober
piers no mo

Hopkinsville, KY

#7 Feb 1, 2016
It was called Tabs park tax in Murray and it got slammed at the poles and he could not stand the heat and left for the first job he could land.
Jay

United States

#8 Feb 1, 2016
Get ready wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks for proving my point , i don't agree with this sports plex thing this town needs other things . There are people like this poster poster playing both sides of the fence they are starting an argument then trying to provide an answer this has happened on scores of post ask your selfs why . You need to look at Hopkinsville is being bypassed from the north and south and not a word is being said there is something not in our best interest going on.
Hopkinsville does get plenty of business and it's a thriving town with the willingness to do better. Yes indeed we need a sports complex and Hopkinsvillians will except it with open arms. I don't know what perfect world you live in but I can tell you that there isn't one. And anyother town with the population of atleast 30,000 people or more has there share of issues. Maybe you should pack up and move to a farm land area in the middle of no where and let hopkinsville grow to be a thriving town.
Moving Forward

United States

#9 Feb 1, 2016
Get ready wrote:
Hopkinsville is being bypassed to the North and South because Hopkinsville doesn't have anything to offer anyone. Why would travel through our area be necessary if we do not have the quality attractions (restaurants, events, tourist attractions, amenities, etc.) that travelers are looking for. I'd want to drive right past also if I new my best option for meals were fast food places and the best entertainment is the movies or bowling alley. We have to be able to give people a reason to want to come here and we are not. All we are doing here is complaining about any level of progress that is made to move Hopkinsville forward from being a little hick town with a large gang/drug problem that everyone wants to leave just as soon as they can! If you can't get behind pushing growth, then you're part of the problem! Many of the leaders here and many trying to come on board want to see Hopkinsville grow and be competitive to the areas around us! Either help this progress or get out of the way!!!!!
Getready

Hopkinsville, KY

#10 Feb 1, 2016
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Hopkinsville does get plenty of business and it's a thriving town with the willingness to do better. Yes indeed we need a sports complex and Hopkinsvillians will except it with open arms. I don't know what perfect world you live in but I can tell you that there isn't one. And anyother town with the population of atleast 30,000 people or more has there share of issues. Maybe you should pack up and move to a farm land area in the middle of no where and let hopkinsville grow to be a thriving town.
Yeah we only have a high with an ad on wkdz looking for donations for bad instutments. I never really thought we would maybe have rock concerts and pro football and baseball teams either I guess I was wrong gee I'm sorry . But wait a minute maybe it is a good idea and they can build it next door to the Kelly ailen and space museum , and I forgot we have a splendid tourist trade here don't we. Sorry but where's all the money come from and no I'm not moving I shouldn't have to is that a threat by the way ? If I disagree I need to move ?
Getready

Hopkinsville, KY

#11 Feb 1, 2016
Moving Forward wrote:
<quoted text>
Hopkinsville is being bypassed to the North and South because Hopkinsville doesn't have anything to offer anyone. Why would travel through our area be necessary if we do not have the quality attractions (restaurants, events, tourist attractions, amenities, etc.) that travelers are looking for. I'd want to drive right past also if I new my best option for meals were fast food places and the best entertainment is the movies or bowling alley. We have to be able to give people a reason to want to come here and we are not. All we are doing here is complaining about any level of progress that is made to move Hopkinsville forward from being a little hick town with a large gang/drug problem that everyone wants to leave just as soon as they can! If you can't get behind pushing growth, then you're part of the problem! Many of the leaders here and many trying to come on board want to see Hopkinsville grow and be competitive to the areas around us! Either help this progress or get out of the way!!!!!
You know what I was at a local store today sitting and talking to two people who used to be business owners here . I didn't start the conversation but this was what they were talking about nobody want to be taxed anymore. And by the way who appointed you the boss of who has a right to comment on here ?
Jay

United States

#12 Feb 1, 2016
Getready wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah we only have a high with an ad on wkdz looking for donations for bad instutments. I never really thought we would maybe have rock concerts and pro football and baseball teams either I guess I was wrong gee I'm sorry . But wait a minute maybe it is a good idea and they can build it next door to the Kelly ailen and space museum , and I forgot we have a splendid tourist trade here don't we. Sorry but where's all the money come from and no I'm not moving I shouldn't have to is that a threat by the way ? If I disagree I need to move ?
Your sarcasm is pathetic. I'm starting to wonder about your mindset and during the same thought I'm wondering how in the hell could one even consider what I said as a possible threat. I think something much bigger is at play here and it's starting with your brain.
Moving Forward

United States

#13 Feb 1, 2016
Getready wrote:
<quoted text> You know what I was at a local store today sitting and talking to two people who used to be business owners here . I didn't start the conversation but this was what they were talking about nobody want to be taxed anymore. And by the way who appointed you the boss of who has a right to comment on here ?
Nobody appointed me boss of anything but I'm doing my job as a citizen to get involved and call out people who are trying to keep Hopkinsville down and not build it up. Take some of the energy you are using to tear things down to get involved and do good things!!!!!
Hillary

Owensboro, KY

#14 Feb 1, 2016
Low taxes are a good thing if you are a productive business or ndividual. Not so good if you are a parasite
Getready

Hopkinsville, KY

#15 Feb 1, 2016
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Your sarcasm is pathetic. I'm starting to wonder about your mindset and during the same thought I'm wondering how in the hell could one even consider what I said as a possible threat. I think something much bigger is at play here and it's starting with your brain.
I don't have any problem with my Brain when you tell someone if they don't agree with you to pack up and move out of town what do you call it? I like where I live I know where the economy is right now. I don't think people here want anymore taxes most people can not afford it , and logic says that you build an employment base before you consider building entertainment center . Your tactics are beyond sickening you start throwing the new craze card mental illness because someon doesn't agree with you is uncalled for other than the fact all you can come up with to discredit a person.
Jay

United States

#16 Feb 1, 2016
Getready wrote:
<quoted text> I don't have any problem with my Brain when you tell someone if they don't agree with you to pack up and move out of town what do you call it? I like where I live I know where the economy is right now. I don't think people here want anymore taxes most people can not afford it , and logic says that you build an employment base before you consider building entertainment center . Your tactics are beyond sickening you start throwing the new craze card mental illness because someon doesn't agree with you is uncalled for other than the fact all you can come up with to discredit a person.
And again you are wrong wrong what I said was (maybe you should move to a farm land area) that's not a threat. Furthermore building a sports complex will bring employment or did you think it was going to be a shell of a building. And as far as mental illness goes I'll say what I want you the one who doesn't know the difference between positive criticism and a threat.
Jay

United States

#17 Feb 1, 2016
Getready wrote:
<quoted text> I don't have any problem with my Brain when you tell someone if they don't agree with you to pack up and move out of town what do you call it? I like where I live I know where the economy is right now. I don't think people here want anymore taxes most people can not afford it , and logic says that you build an employment base before you consider building entertainment center . Your tactics are beyond sickening you start throwing the new craze card mental illness because someon doesn't agree with you is uncalled for other than the fact all you can come up with to discredit a person.
They will be breaking ground on the new skate park on February 9th which hopkinsville definitely need for the skateboarders. People complained about them in strip malls parking lots around town but now they will have somewhere to skateboard and such. Ooh I'm sure to you we don't need that either right?
Getready

Hopkinsville, KY

#18 Feb 2, 2016
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
They will be breaking ground on the new skate park on February 9th which hopkinsville definitely need for the skateboarders. People complained about them in strip malls parking lots around town but now they will have somewhere to skateboard and such. Ooh I'm sure to you we don't need that either right?
No at this point I don't think we do there is more to life than entertainment people need real jobs to pay for these things not temp jobs ,part time jobsI have priorities you seem to be a person of knowalge (spell check) why don't you use it ?
Kylo ren

Mountain View, CA

#19 Feb 2, 2016
I am all for the new sportsplex because you I believe it will give the younger generation things to do and for me that is very important
Jay

United States

#20 Feb 2, 2016
Getready wrote:
<quoted text> No at this point I don't think we do there is more to life than entertainment people need real jobs to pay for these things not temp jobs ,part time jobsI have priorities you seem to be a person of knowalge (spell check) why don't you use it ?
Spell check why? You understood everything I wrote.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gracey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Third Anniversary of Pembroke Murders 6 min Bologna 14
raymond Moss 33 min Searching 1
White people 34 min Cowboy 4
Any whites work at Zaxbys? 36 min Cowboy 21
Factory Workers 39 min BART 6
Unethical city contracts 48 min Carter 3
Willie Coleman (Mar '15) 1 hr Mrbig 21

Gracey Jobs

Personal Finance

Gracey Mortgages