Iowa panel sends texting while drivin...

Iowa panel sends texting while driving ban to House; enforcemen...

There are 4 comments on the WHOtv story from Feb 9, 2010, titled Iowa panel sends texting while driving ban to House; enforcemen.... In it, WHOtv reports that:

A House committee has approved a limited ban on motorists using their cell phones to send text messages while motoring down the highway.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHOtv.

Cyclone Fan

De Witt, IA

#1 Feb 23, 2010
Texting is just as distracting to citizens older than 18 as many older citizens aren't as proficient with the keyboard. Reading texts are as distracting if not more so than typing as some don't need to see the keys, but either is stupid. No message is important enough that it needs to be written or read immediately unless it is life threatening which it might be if you practice either.
junemcg

United States

#2 Feb 23, 2010
here in TX, I followed a 40+ woman who was texting. She was all over the road. It doesn't matter if "texters" are 16 or 60, texting is dangerous and I'm so proud that my state, Iowa, has confronted this problem. Thank you, Iowa, for taking this important step.
Crush1800

Waterloo, IA

#3 Mar 8, 2010
SHOULD BE FOR ALL! NO MATTER WHAT! Shame exisiting laws aren't enough, have to waste time passing more laws. Wonder if this is only for AMERICANS? Or does this give the police rights to pull all kids over? Are cops going to be trained on how all phones function? Lots of room for wrongful arrests...PEACE
Cyclone Fan

De Witt, IA

#4 Mar 8, 2010
I agree texting should have been banned for all ages. If law makers are concerned about young drivers they missed the boat in not including 14-15 year olds who have their learners permit. Some parents don't seem to have much control over what their children do and some don't care and might allow their 14-15 year old driver's to text while driving.

The legislators apparently don't put uch thought into the bills they do pass.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gowrie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Louise a. Onnen (Nov '16) Feb '17 susangeerlings 2
Review: The Friendly Table (Sep '14) Sep '14 Happy 1
IOWA Carries OBAMA ! (Nov '12) Feb '14 Spydog 2
Debate: Marijuana - Churdan, IA (Aug '10) Jan '14 Libertyis Freedom 19
EveryOne in Iowa should watch this Video ! (Jul '12) Jul '12 Justice 1
City Consels Spend $5000.00 for Inerpertors in ... (Jul '12) Jul '12 If you only had a... 1
If "I" were Obama, (Jul '12) Jul '12 If you only had a... 1

Gowrie Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gowrie Mortgages