WZZM13 - Accident claims Shelby woman

WZZM13 - Accident claims Shelby woman

There are 5 comments on the WZZM Grand Rapids story from Jun 17, 2007, titled WZZM13 - Accident claims Shelby woman. In it, WZZM Grand Rapids reports that:

An accident Saturday evening in northern Kent County claimed the life of a Shelby resident.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WZZM Grand Rapids.

Rae Mitchell

Muskegon, MI

#1 Jun 17, 2007
This is such a sad thing when drunk drivers kill. However I have to wonder why there is no more emphasis placed on the cost to society related to alcohol. We have groups screaming about tobacco use, fast foods and obesity while we continue to glamorize alcohol consumption.

Be assured that I am not suggesting prohibition. It didn't work in the past and it won't work in the future. You can not legislate morality or self-control. However, I am suggesting that as a society we could and should start deglamorizing alcohol and its effects.

Thank you
sarah

Palatine, IL

#2 Jun 17, 2007
very good points rae
CSR

Hudsonville, MI

#3 Jun 17, 2007
You drink, you drive, you lose. One way or another eventually. Such a horrible thing! God be with the young lady's family.
Beth

Traverse City, MI

#4 Jun 17, 2007
Poor 8 year old, that's the true victim of alcohol and this carelessness.
Robert

Rochester, MI

#5 Jun 21, 2007
I know Eric and the girl that perished. Although innocent until proven guilty, he was a big drinker but typically walked to and from the bar. Either way, the facts as they are, this man has to live the rest of his life with this....

God bless the child and everybody's family!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gowen Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Michiganders question appointment of past utili... Aug 17 Kevn 1
Condo for rent, close to I-75, OU and car compa... Aug 3 Annie Muller 1
News Some Lawmakers Want Summer Vacation Canceled May '15 benny hill 1
O malleys Apr '15 777bls 1
News State police say LaFond car dealers in Greenvil... (Feb '10) Mar '15 SickofHaters 5
News McGowan brothers and Griffes are convicted of 2... (May '07) Mar '15 Bad at one time 22
Review: Silent Observer Greenville (Feb '15) Feb '15 WBG 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gowen Mortgages