WZZM13 - Accident claims Shelby woman

Full story: WZZM Grand Rapids

An accident Saturday evening in northern Kent County claimed the life of a Shelby resident.
Comments
1 - 5 of 5 Comments Last updated Jun 21, 2007
Rae Mitchell

Muskegon, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2007

This is such a sad thing when drunk drivers kill. However I have to wonder why there is no more emphasis placed on the cost to society related to alcohol. We have groups screaming about tobacco use, fast foods and obesity while we continue to glamorize alcohol consumption.

Be assured that I am not suggesting prohibition. It didn't work in the past and it won't work in the future. You can not legislate morality or self-control. However, I am suggesting that as a society we could and should start deglamorizing alcohol and its effects.

Thank you
sarah

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2007

very good points rae
CSR

Allendale, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2007

You drink, you drive, you lose. One way or another eventually. Such a horrible thing! God be with the young lady's family.
Beth

Holland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2007

Poor 8 year old, that's the true victim of alcohol and this carelessness.
Robert

Rochester, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2007

I know Eric and the girl that perished. Although innocent until proven guilty, he was a big drinker but typically walked to and from the bar. Either way, the facts as they are, this man has to live the rest of his life with this....

God bless the child and everybody's family!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Gowen Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Gowen People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••