Missing Corrections Officer

Full story: WGRZ Buffalo 111
Buffalo Police need your help to find a missing corrections officer. Anthony Dashner,51, a corrections officer in Gowanda, has been missing since Wednesday. Full Story
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Donna

AOL

#1 Feb 15, 2008
If anyone out there has any idea about Tony, Anthony Dashner, please let us know, asap, no questions asked. We NEED to find him!!!
Wife of a CO

Niagara Falls, NY

#2 Feb 15, 2008
My husband is also an officer at Gowanda. We hope Anthony is safe and ok. At tomorrows line up he will say a prayer for him.
Tim

United States

#3 Feb 15, 2008
Hopefully they can find him safe and sound. Correction Officers never get the credit they deserve for the difficult job they perform everyday. God bless him and his family.
Erica

Buffalo, NY

#4 Feb 16, 2008
how scary for this family. I hope he is found safe and sound
RAVYN

AOL

#8 Feb 16, 2008
Only a comlete moron would write something like that in a familys time of crisis
Jeff

Rochester, NY

#9 Feb 16, 2008
I hope he's discovered alive and well for you. Likewise, I hope your dog is okay, too.

If I were you, I'd be a bit concerned, though, that the news posted your address. What if some paroled thug, or an associate of a thug try finding your family to do something bad? I'd be worried if it were me and my family.
Bo Cheektowaga

Salamanca, NY

#10 Feb 16, 2008
My thoughts and prayers are with Tony and his family.
kramnala

Rochester, NY

#11 Feb 16, 2008
Hey Folks, if you think comments like Crystal Lynn's are inappropriate (as I do), then instead of replying to them just click on the 'Report Abuse' link and it will eventually be deleted. Why give people like this more air time by having repeated what they've said.
Jack

Buffalo, NY

#12 Feb 16, 2008
Condolences to the family. The guy probably tried to save the dog and fell through. Horrible tragedy. God Bless his family and send Crystal Lynn to a torturous death.
Concerned

Olean, NY

#13 Feb 16, 2008
Poor dog
Love16

Buffalo, NY

#15 Feb 16, 2008
I agree with 'kramnala', do not comment to individuals like Crystal Lynn. Report them to the 'abusive' link.

My prayers and thoughts are with this man and his family.
RAVYN

AOL

#16 Feb 16, 2008
lady is not one of the words i was thinking of useing, But lets keep our words for our prayers for Tony right now and let the ignorant be what they are.....
ray

Warren, ME

#17 Feb 16, 2008
you think he tried to save the dog and fell in the water. God I hope he is alive and well sounds like a good man.
SAD

United States

#18 Feb 16, 2008
The name "Crystal Lynn" is also offensive. Chances are that is also inappropriate, if you know what I mean.
Donna

Buffalo, NY

#19 Feb 16, 2008
To the family of Tony Dashner, our prayers and thoughts are with you. Tony was a wondeful man. He stood up in our wedding 27 years ago. Being a mother and mother-n-law of 2 Corrections Officers, I agree that they do not get the recognition that they deserve. Our hearts and prayers go out to his entire family. May God watch over them and hopefully find Tony safe and sound.
Interesting

South Portland, ME

#24 Feb 16, 2008
kramnala wrote:
Hey Folks, if you think comments like Crystal Lynn's are inappropriate (as I do), then instead of replying to them just click on the 'Report Abuse' link and it will eventually be deleted. Why give people like this more air time by having repeated what they've said.
Amen, don't feed the trolls!
Marcy

Cowlesville, NY

#25 Feb 16, 2008
I work with Tony. He is a great guy. My family is keeping him in our prayers and hope that he is found well.
Correction Officers walk a beat that not many people understand. Co's are locked up behind the walls of prison everyday for more than eight hours with some of the most violent felons, "castways" that are sentenced because they commit some type of crime against society, some too harsh to even mention. There are no guns inside our walls to protect us from more than 1500 inmates. Correction Officers deserve a little more credit. Tony is one of these brave Officers.
Again, his family is in our hearts and prayers.
James Z from Kaisertown

United States

#26 Feb 16, 2008
I hope they find him Ok, but with more time going by, it doesn't look good. I know the people of South Buffalo care and are looking for him.

Was there any personal problems? Bills?

During tax season I go insane. STOCKS
Former DEP

United States

#27 Feb 16, 2008
I pray for him and hope that one of the former inmates he has dealt with inside the wall didn't happen to recognize him and follow through on one of their constant but actually recognized threats of harm to one of us when they are released and back "in the world."

Our Lady of Victory, Please Pray for Us.

All of US.
Paula

Dunkirk, NY

#28 Feb 16, 2008
My thoughts and prayers go out to Tony and his family. May God Bless them during this difficult time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gowanda Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lawyer wants Phillips in alive (Jul '06) 7 hr HIGh ya 4
Faithful Followers (Apr '14) 22 hr Henu 99
Area Police (Jun '11) Dec 16 Henu 39
Stoltenberg Sex Change? Dec 16 ilovejennylee 8
looking for the estrada family formally lived o... Dec 15 crack heads 3
Robin Jones (Jul '13) Dec 15 Henu 10
ryan castellano Dec 9 pissedoffvillager 1
Gowanda Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web