Who do you support for Gowanda's Mayo...
timslim

Buffalo, NY

#175 Mar 11, 2013
Joel wrote:
<quoted text> Why are you hiding like a Coward that you are, we don't see you name on the ballot! Maybe because your the real idiot here! My votes for PETE! Heather's head remains up Decarols ass! LOL
Hey "Joel" it's you're, not your..dumbass. Go ahead and vote for Pete, it's your right, but it's a wasted vote. Oh, and my real name is Timothy S. Lima.
Lie

Orange, NJ

#176 Mar 11, 2013
lol wrote:
the only reason the Kielars are voting for Pete is because there neighbors that they hate haved a sign in front of there house saying they vote for Heather
okay fat ass Brenda Strohouer
common sense

Buffalo, NY

#178 Mar 11, 2013
why dont all of you leave Pete and Heathers families out of your discussion. your being very hurtful and they have done nothing to you. please stay on the topix of mayor and leave others alone. thanks
CantVoteForPete

Newington, CT

#180 Mar 11, 2013
too wrote:
Common sense because these people whom are going on attacking each other back and fourth are nothing but children. I might not be the smartest person alive. But I know when i see stupid people making comments on here attacking certain families who really have nothing to do with who should be the mayor. I am a pay my taxes and I have a job and a life. I know for a fact that the ones that are attacking the Kielar family have nothing better to do. I saw a comment on one of the pages that says that the only reason they have a Pete Jonshon sign in there yard is because the neighbor has a Heather sign. How childish is that. Plus the person on that comment is really stupid. I have talked a few times to the Kielar's and they very nice people. They are the kind of people that are sick of all the bullshit that goes on in this village. I feel the same way. I am getting sick and tired of all the people that use and abuse the system. For the ones that cant go out and get a job. I am sick of the parents that don't control their own kids. Allowing them to run around all hours of the night and they are getting into trouble. The cops refuse to do anything. I must agree that something needs to be done about the crap that goes on in Gowanda. I want to see the home owners that rent out apartments. To clean up and paint there houses and not make them look like a eye sore to look at. This village is becoming a hell hole and someone Like Pete can change that. Oh and to the person that likes to make smart asses remarks when anyone stands up for the kielar's. Stop hiding and come meet me face to face and I can show you that I am a real person and not fake. I don't need to pretend to be someone I am not. Just because I like the Kielar family does not make me a bad person. My vote is for Pete. if you have a issue with any of my comments that like I said come meet me. I am always at Tim Hortons and just ask for Mike C . Sundays at 11:00 am. or are you afraid.
It was a good post but I will have to disagree with you Mike. Pete is not the guy that can get things done. I've known him for many years and to be honest I would be embarrassed if he was elected as my Mayor representing my town. No disrespect but he has zero qualifications to take on this position. Just going to meetings and being a part of the fire department does not qualify you to be Mayor. I think it would be a greater disservice to your community to take on something that is way over your head.
Chris

East Amherst, NY

#187 Mar 12, 2013
Jump_Start wrote:
<quoted text>
say what you want but I know what I KNOW.
Stop your lies - I just spoke to him on Saturday night.
Chris

East Amherst, NY

#188 Mar 12, 2013
CantVoteForPete wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a good post but I will have to disagree with you Mike. Pete is not the guy that can get things done. I've known him for many years and to be honest I would be embarrassed if he was elected as my Mayor representing my town. No disrespect but he has zero qualifications to take on this position. Just going to meetings and being a part of the fire department does not qualify you to be Mayor. I think it would be a greater disservice to your community to take on something that is way over your head.
I'm embarrassed with Heather being my Mayor. From what I understand she was recently on the news rambling on and on about a truck incident and wasn't making any sense. I heard somebody called her, " The Village Idiot" for that interview.
At least Pete knows from going to the Board Meetings that things aren't being handled right and wants to do something about it. Who's the better Mayor? The one who'll work with the people and can make a decision on his own or the one who makes decisions to suit her needs and the ones she favors?

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#189 Mar 12, 2013
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>^^^INSERT HARASSING COMMENT^^^
You are such horrible people for saying things like that. What a complete waste of human existence. Grow up and get over whatever grudge you have against us. Oh and FYI, it's not us posting any of this crap on here, so get a clue!
susan

Brooklyn, NY

#190 Mar 12, 2013
if you don't have anything good to say don't say it
Chris

East Amherst, NY

#191 Mar 12, 2013
susan wrote:
if you don't have anything good to say don't say it
imoved made this statement:
If our mayor ends up on the news, would you prefer the viewers form an opinion of Gowanda based on how Pete would come across to them or Heather?

Just answering with a true statement of what I was told by the person who said it.
susan

Brooklyn, NY

#193 Mar 12, 2013
chris you seem to have your facts wrong she did very well on tv. if you don't hear it yourself you should not accept it as truth. everyone one here just wants to bash people. you can say all the good stuff you want but no one deserves the way you people are taking badly about them. Pete and Heather both deserve respect.
Mark

Greensburg, PA

#195 Mar 12, 2013
Please, if your going to attack people, please start a new thread. Keep this about the mayorship
CantVoteForPete

Newington, CT

#202 Mar 12, 2013
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm embarrassed with Heather being my Mayor. From what I understand she was recently on the news rambling on and on about a truck incident and wasn't making any sense. I heard somebody called her, " The Village Idiot" for that interview.
At least Pete knows from going to the Board Meetings that things aren't being handled right and wants to do something about it. Who's the better Mayor? The one who'll work with the people and can make a decision on his own or the one who makes decisions to suit her needs and the ones she favors?
What does "from what I understand" mean? That you didn't watch it, that you read it somewhere and had a hard time understanding it, or just that you heard it from someone else? Its kind of weak that you follow that up by saying that you heard someone else call her the "village idiot." It sounds like you have a hard time forming your own opinion. I think that you are probably a good guy but maybe a bit naive to the fact that Pete without any qualifications, degree, job experience, or character becoming of a Mayor can possibly do good for this village.
Chris

East Amherst, NY

#203 Mar 12, 2013
CantVoteForPete wrote:
<quoted text>
What does "from what I understand" mean? That you didn't watch it, that you read it somewhere and had a hard time understanding it, or just that you heard it from someone else? Its kind of weak that you follow that up by saying that you heard someone else call her the "village idiot." It sounds like you have a hard time forming your own opinion. I think that you are probably a good guy but maybe a bit naive to the fact that Pete without any qualifications, degree, job experience, or character becoming of a Mayor can possibly do good for this village.

I don't know of any qualifications or degree needed to be a Mayor. No first time Trustee or Mayor has any job experience in those positions either. His character seems fine with me and who gets hired for a job based on their character?
If you mean qualifications or job experience to handle being Mayor then I would think if he can handle being in a Supervisor's position for a large company for the past 3 years qualifies him and he's capable to do good for this village.
CantVoteForPete

Newington, CT

#208 Mar 12, 2013
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know of any qualifications or degree needed to be a Mayor. No first time Trustee or Mayor has any job experience in those positions either. His character seems fine with me and who gets hired for a job based on their character?
If you mean qualifications or job experience to handle being Mayor then I would think if he can handle being in a Supervisor's position for a large company for the past 3 years qualifies him and he's capable to do good for this village.
Of course you cannot have direct experience when first taking a new position. However there is indirect experience that is often an acceptable alternative when that is lacking (which Pete also has none of). We will have to disagree about a formal education and lifelong learning. I don't know your background so I will refrain from making assumptions and just state my opinion. I believe having an education is extremely Important. It not only broadens your knowledge base when dealing with diverse situations but it also provides you important resources (I.e. professional contacts, associations, etc...) that you can tap into when needed.
Pete's supervisory role is a good first step but it is a long way off. I was 22 years old when I became a supervisor and it took me years to truly understand the essence of leadership which is very important when moving up the management ladder. This brings me to your point about character. Nothing can ruin a team quicker than having a team member who's character is questionable or worse. It leads to mistrust, conflict, and inability to get things done. I don't know where you work but I'm sure your character plays an important role in the level of success or failure of the business.
Obviously you vote for who you want but be careful making assumptions about the lack of importance when it comes to the traits required for leadership.
CantVoteForPete

Newington, CT

#210 Mar 12, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text> now admit your stupid for voting for obama! dickhead!
This is exactly what I'm talking about Chris. "Truth" is a perfect example of a person with poor character. Bring him into a team and you will lose.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#211 Mar 12, 2013
Make believers you are wrote:
<quoted text> Yet another harassing comment!
Couldn't have proven just how horrible of people you are any better than you just did. I absolutely am a Christian and proud of it. Being a Christian doesn't mean sitting back and allowing evil people like yourself to trash the names of myself or my family.
Chris

East Amherst, NY

#212 Mar 12, 2013
CantVoteForPete wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you cannot have direct experience when first taking a new position. However there is indirect experience that is often an acceptable alternative when that is lacking (which Pete also has none of). We will have to disagree about a formal education and lifelong learning. I don't know your background so I will refrain from making assumptions and just state my opinion. I believe having an education is extremely Important. It not only broadens your knowledge base when dealing with diverse situations but it also provides you important resources (I.e. professional contacts, associations, etc...) that you can tap into when needed.
Pete's supervisory role is a good first step but it is a long way off. I was 22 years old when I became a supervisor and it took me years to truly understand the essence of leadership which is very important when moving up the management ladder. This brings me to your point about character. Nothing can ruin a team quicker than having a team member who's character is questionable or worse. It leads to mistrust, conflict, and inability to get things done. I don't know where you work but I'm sure your character plays an important role in the level of success or failure of the business.
Obviously you vote for who you want but be careful making assumptions about the lack of importance when it comes to the traits required for leadership.
Wasn't Dick Klancer just Mayor? and what did he do for a job?
why

Gowanda, NY

#234 Mar 13, 2013
why do u guys always do this why don't u just leave the Strohauers alone.........you post the same shit over and over your making it obvious who you really are !
loving life

Newark, NJ

#235 Mar 13, 2013
why wrote:
why do u guys always do this why don't u just leave the Strohauers alone.........you post the same shit over and over your making it obvious who you really are !
Paybacks a Bit*h!!!
loving life

Newark, NJ

#236 Mar 13, 2013
So all you Gowanda trash and your friends can pick on them and start the stuff, but you dont like what comes back! Wow, I wonder why? Get a job!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gowanda Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Donuts attracting huge tourist influx Jan 16 Deer slyer9891 2
Flooding in Gowanda and surrounding area Jan 12 Rozee 1
News Man sentenced in Schuyler for failure to pay ch... (Oct '13) Jan 9 1 Curious Fella 27
Jenny Lee Restaurant Dec 24 TomCatt 9
Tina Dorn Dec '17 Linda 2
Crawford Hotel Village of Cattaraugus Dec '17 James 1
Explosion Dec '17 MikeBowen 4

Gowanda Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gowanda Mortgages