Gowanda, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

It's Pete Johnson, and thats who should be mayor. He is a veteran, a firefighter, and resident of this village his whole life. He is honest, and has the village's best interest at heart. He wants to change some things around here and that is exactly what this village needs CHANGE.
TAXPAYERS CHOICE PARTY

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

I'm going to vote for Pete Johnson - he's a lifelong resident of Gowanda, a Veteran, has been a Gowanda VOLUNTEER firefighter for 20yrs.,Alumni of St. Joe's School, and attends St. Joe's church.
Pete Johnson wants to give back to his community and cares about the future of Gowanda and ALL the people who live here. He understands the burden put on the poor, the elderly, the unemployed, and people on fixed incomes, and he wants to make a difference in helping to deal with the stress of taxes being put on the residents. He's an HONEST person and will do what's BEST for his community to make it successful and thriving.
He attends Village and Persia Town meetings - he listened to people complaining and saw how things are being handled - he's willing to step up and make necessary changes and run government as it should be -like a business. VOTE FOR PETE JOHNSON FOR MAYOR on MARCH 19th.
Sue

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

Least you guys finally got his name right now
Gowanda

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

Sue wrote:
Least you guys finally got his name right now
Any thoughts on the question asked?
joe

Middletown, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

Bill wrote:
Does Heather even attend a church? If so, does she believe? We need someone who'll care about the poor and families on fixed incomes, not just the DeCarlo type ! "PET"!
what do you mean DeCarlo type ?
joe

Middletown, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

what do you mean DeCarlo type ?
joe

East Otis, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

heather has done more for gowanda than people realize. she deals with issues immediately, rather than letting them fester.she is able to multitask better than anyone i know.
Gowanda

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

joe wrote:
heather has done more for gowanda than people realize. she deals with issues immediately, rather than letting them fester.she is able to multitask better than anyone i know.
That's not true - then why are SO MANY residents upset with her for not calling them back when they try to contact her with an issue they have? What about the issue of the resident who had a problem with the sidewalk plow that was brought to the Villages attention for a few years but nothing was done about it and look how that turned out because it festered and wasn't taken care of.
Sue

Gowanda, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

The proof is in the pudding. What heather has overseen and accomplished in one year is far more then any previous mayors before that I've seen or read. I know first hand she goes to church and has a strong belief in Christ. She cares about all people, The poor and the middleclass. Vote Mckeever and rest assure Gowanda is headed in the right direction
Resident

Gowanda, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

I do have to say I disagree that Heather has done more in a partial year than any other mayor. I haven't seen anything that she has done that wasn't already started before she was PUT in the position. The neighborhood watch was started up by a few residents, had nothing to do with the village! And now it's going by the wayside due to some people whom make it to be their money making project. Hollywood theater is not a mayor project. They have their own committee. As far as the flood goes , I saw her twice and that was with the mayor at the time Dick Klancer. I know first hand about the flood because I was there EVERYDAY helping people. As far as FEMA goes I know Someone that took care of that for the village and it was NOT her. It was a guy , mike Hutchinson. Christmas in Gowanda , I thought to be organized by the chamber??? Oh yes the numerous phone calls that never get returned , got to love the avoidance. This is my opinion, everyone is entitled to tell theirs too. From my standpoint I have seen nothing out of her to better our community for our children , or our business district. Yes I know her husband has Amish collections , that's nice but it's one shop , and it didn't bring jobs for anyone.
Sue

Gowanda, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Resident wrote:
I do have to say I disagree that Heather has done more in a partial year than any other mayor. I haven't seen anything that she has done that wasn't already started before she was PUT in the position. The neighborhood watch was started up by a few residents, had nothing to do with the village! And now it's going by the wayside due to some people whom make it to be their money making project. Hollywood theater is not a mayor project. They have their own committee. As far as the flood goes , I saw her twice and that was with the mayor at the time Dick Klancer. I know first hand about the flood because I was there EVERYDAY helping people. As far as FEMA goes I know Someone that took care of that for the village and it was NOT her. It was a guy , mike Hutchinson. Christmas in Gowanda , I thought to be organized by the chamber??? Oh yes the numerous phone calls that never get returned , got to love the avoidance. This is my opinion, everyone is entitled to tell theirs too. From my standpoint I have seen nothing out of her to better our community for our children , or our business district. Yes I know her husband has Amish collections , that's nice but it's one shop , and it didn't bring jobs for anyone.
lol god rip Gowanda if Pete Johnson gets in
Resident

Gowanda, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Sue wrote:
<quoted text> lol god rip Gowanda if Pete Johnson gets in
Seriously??? Rip??? Wow and you go to church?? It's no laughing matter here, this about our village and our homes and our children and our businesses. You think you can do better than the 2 candidates ??? Because I sure don't see your name out there for mayor!
Gowanda

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Sue wrote:
<quoted text> lol god rip Gowanda if Pete Johnson gets in
Sue

Do you have anything to back up your personal opinion or did
you just say it because he's not Heather?
Kelly

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Rose wrote:
<quoted text> I've sat in a Village board meeting and watched a person bring a complaint and when they turned their back to walk back to their chair, Heather leaned over to Klancer and laughed openly at them! My votes for Pete! He's the only person that can relate to all of us, not just her buddies, which are numerous!
An election shouldn't be a popularity contest but what's best for the community. Each person should make their decision based on the information each candidate presents - this information should be truthful and not made up to make them look good.
Larry

Marlborough, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

Tom kieler for deputy mayor!! He has my vote !!

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

Oh how I've missed our names being impersonated and slandered on this site. Glad to see you still can't get us off your minds.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

Someone Else wrote:
Pete's got my VOTE!!!!
I have to say that my wife and I have nothing against Pete and wish him good luck, but my wife did not post this or anything else that the low life might post using her name.
Cameron

Gowanda, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

This is about 2 people for mayor, Pete Johnson and heather McKeever ! Take the nonsense somewhere else. This is for feedback on who people choose between these two candidates.
Kay

Millbury, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

If u have to use topix and anonymous platform for campaign, it's pretty sad
Kelly

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

joel wrote:
<quoted text> You Point? It does'nt make any sense to what you responded to! LOL
Meaning - just because people are friends with the candidates doesn't mean they should vote for them. The decision should be made on what's best for Gowanda based on the information each candidate presents as long as it's truthful and not made up just to make themselves look good.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of149
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Gowanda Forum right now

Search the Gowanda Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 31 min positronium 6,334
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 53 min Go Blue Forever 6,355
Fatal Shooting May Be Linked To Phillips Manhunt (Jun '06) 1 hr Life Coachiii 2,980
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 3 hr Lol 16,772
Jamestown Street quite now Tue Life Time Channel 7
Apartment complex across from shop and save Mon Riff Raff 13
Kathryn V. Jensen Sun Pat Wick 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Gowanda Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••