inquisitive1

United States

#1 Jan 3, 2013
I just wanted to know if he's any good. I hear he's real cheap but I also hear he's old and I don't want to take my animals their to get hurt or anything. Any input would help.
vicky

Ithaca, NY

#2 Jan 3, 2013
i love doc twining,he is cheap,but also good at what he is doing.i would take my animals to him,as long as he is living
Yuppers

Ithaca, NY

#3 Jan 3, 2013
Great Doc, and cheap with great people there...
Nope

Hermon, NY

#4 Jan 5, 2013
I will never take my dog there again...he may be cheaper but Monro is way better for a little more money in my opinion.I will pay the extra so that my dog gets better care.
Postman

Grand Island, FL

#5 Jan 5, 2013
Jarvis might be old, but he sure knows how to take care of animals!
he difference

Ithaca, NY

#6 Jan 6, 2013
There is a huge difference betwen Monroe and Twining. Fisrst of all Twining is a good guy, great vet, an has a love for animals and a big hart when come time to treat them. Monroe all he is worried about is money money money. Monroe doesn't have a heart what so ever, he'd let animal suffer and die before he'd lift a finger to help it. I would let Monroe touch a feild mouse. He is an arroggant prick. I take all my animals to Twining, he is good to them and doesn't charge as much, even if his prices were higher I'd still take my animals to him, he is great with them.
abc

Ithaca, NY

#7 Jan 6, 2013
Doc Twining is an excellent Vet..very afordable and trustworthy. He has retired but still hlds office hrs monday-friday 1:00 -1:30, Monroe is extreamly expensive and personaly I have had horrible experiences with them. All I can say is try him and use your own judgement. The bottom lie is you need to establish a relationship with a vet that both you and yor pet feel comfortable and trustworthy with. I hope this helps.
wow

Gouverneur, NY

#8 Jan 7, 2013
I have never had a bad experience and Dr. Monroe and the staff at his facility do care about your pets. We have had extremely great care given to or pets over the years and feel we are blessed to have their facility within our community. They have been very accommodating and great to work with. No problems here.
Sad

Ithaca, NY

#9 Jan 7, 2013
You get what you pay for. I'd take my pets to Twining for shots or something routine, but if something were really wrong or I wasn't sure I'd go to Monroe. He's always been nothing but great with my dogs and even stops to pet them if he sees us out walking them and remembers them by name. Twining has no bedside manner at all but since he's doing everyone a favor by still being open at all, I guess he doesn't need to. Both are good in there own way. Quit bitching people and go to whoever you personally like better.
just wondering why

Hartford, CT

#10 Jan 7, 2013
If you don't start your pet out at Dr. Monroe's, you won't get them in later. He does not care if it's an emergency or not. "Maybe you should have thougt of that before you took them some place else." Dr. Twining is a sweet guy, and tells you what you need to know, without trying to make you feel like a bother.
Nope

Hermon, NY

#11 Jan 7, 2013
Monro has always given great care to my familys and my pets.They have gotten up in the middle of the night when we have woke them up from bed and taken them in even when they were closed.Some of my pets weren't started there and they still worked me in for an appointment.I watched Twining jam a piece of metal into my dogs ear just to show me it was full of calcium and said she couldn't feel it...a couple days later her whole head and face swelled up and she almost died.I immediately took her to Monro and got her the proper care.
Sad

Ithaca, NY

#12 Jan 7, 2013
Mine didn't start out at Monroe either. We went to the Canton Clinic but it was just to expensive. My oldest dog was 7 when we switched.
gouvy13642

Fairfax, VA

#13 Jan 7, 2013
Doc twining is good but if you have a new puppy that will live for 10-15 years and you have a day job, Monroe is your best bet. I raise, train, and hunt with upland bird dogs and doc Monroe is my choice. I need the best for my dogs which need to perform at top level and need someone who will know my dog for a decade. No offense but doc twining may not be around in 12-15 to see my dogs. Good care comes at a price. Whens the last time anyone of the complainers spent years of their life and thousands of dollars to get a vet license. Don't be cheap. If you love your pets any price should be worth it
Dog lover

Ithaca, NY

#14 Jan 8, 2013
Doc Twining is great for easy fixes, he does all my dogs shots, and if nothing serious is wrong with them I take them there, he has been wonderful with both of my dogs. If I need more expertise and better equipment to find out what is wrong with my dog I go Canton Animal Clinic, not only are they reasonably priced, they took my dogs and treated them without them ever being there before, one of my dogs is 15 years old and they didn't have a problem taking him. I had one dog die because Monroe wouldn't treat her. This year during the Comfortis shortage, Monroe refused to sell me even one pill for my dog, even though his allergy to fleas is so severe that more than a few bites can kill him. They told me he isn't a patient there and they would not help us. Canton Animal Clinic kept me on a list to call when it comes in due to the severity of my dogs allergy, They ran skin cell tests on him, examined him, sent him home with four medications, and the total cost was $120 I was expecting to pay a lot more for his treatment. I don't think they are that expensive at all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gouverneur Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Check north country now on the 18 May 23 Justwondering 5
school board May 22 Jim Leahy 6
Who is Katlynn manning? May 22 Really 4
all these pregnant teens who all prego in gouvy? May 21 haha 2
Troy Bigwarfe May 21 Resident 4
internet trolls (Mar '17) May 19 Adam 32
weird May 17 hopeless 21

Gouverneur Jobs

Personal Finance

Gouverneur Mortgages