Next Last
what next

Gouverneur, NY

#1 Dec 31, 2012
does he know something we don't?
Caleb johanson

Gouverneur, NY

#2 Dec 31, 2012
No, he is leaving because without the state letting the blood bank reopen they cannot do surgery. Since he is a surgeon, hard to make a living.
Einstein

Fort Myers, FL

#3 Dec 31, 2012
The DOH is holding EJN hostage to deplete any Existing revenues then forcing bankruptcy just like they did for Rockaway NY at Pennisula hospital after the DOH closed their lab. The only saving grace is the steam fitters pension plan of 48 million ownes 12 million of the mortgage on EJN, what do you think the union jobs will say to the DOH, thanksalot? 240 jobs down the sewer and now we realize just why NY is the 50 th worse state to do business, it's not the competition that will put you out of business it's the regulators! Dear Danny Donohue for christ sake help.
what next

Gouverneur, NY

#4 Dec 31, 2012
so he must figure it's not going to reopen soon or not at all.
opinion

Cuba, NY

#5 Dec 31, 2012
"now we realize just why NY is the 50 th worse state to do business"

there are only 50 states Einstein your statement is saying NY is the best state to do business in.
Einstein

Fort Myers, FL

#6 Dec 31, 2012
I guess we hope Puerto Rico becomes the 51 state and is not yet ranked. I suppose Andrew Cuomo promotes NY as the 50th best state to do business , the empire state, feel better now?
opinion

Cuba, NY

#7 Dec 31, 2012
NY is actually listed as 23rd
Einstein

Fort Myers, FL

#8 Jan 1, 2013
Check chief executive .net NY jumped to 49th recently. Last summer NY was 50th.
Dr who

United States

#9 Jan 8, 2013
Don't worry the CPH cyborg overlords are coming to assume total control.
he got a better offer

Gouverneur, NY

#10 Jan 8, 2013
He is going to Las Vegas its warme, better money adof course thats what he is all abou. look at the other dr.s they stayed and toughed it out some realy needto go. Like er dr hussian I hope potsdam gets us some good dr.
Lincoln

Gouverneur, NY

#11 Jan 8, 2013
I heard from a realiable source that he hasn't been paid by the hospital for the last two months, but kept on working for free.
awful

Gouverneur, NY

#12 Jan 8, 2013
this is all rumors people not any truth to any of it.. gossip gossip...
Close it

United States

#13 Jan 8, 2013
I wouldn't be surprised if the State is trying to force it to close. I honestly can't see how it is still open. There is no way they are making money. Before this they were in the red and I doubt anything has changed. They were trying to get tied up money but failed. How much longer can this go on? And CPH taking over management? They won't do that for nothing. It will cost a lot. I bet they are just waiting to pounce on the dead carcass.
huyt

Gouverneur, NY

#14 Jan 8, 2013
Close it wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if the State is trying to force it to close. I honestly can't see how it is still open. There is no way they are making money. Before this they were in the red and I doubt anything has changed. They were trying to get tied up money but failed. How much longer can this go on? And CPH taking over management? They won't do that for nothing. It will cost a lot. I bet they are just waiting to pounce on the dead carcass.
The state has nothing to do about the hospital closing because of the finances. Get smart
Gretchen

Gouverneur, NY

#15 Jan 8, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
I heard from a realiable source that he hasn't been paid by the hospital for the last two months, but kept on working for free.
I know it's true. I was present at meetings to discuss whom would receive the scarce money EJ has. Administration is picking and choosing who they pay and who they don't. The surgeon hasn't received payments dating back from Novemember. Administration had him fulfill his schedule. He also had to formally serve notice to the community to move. It's ridiculous how EJ will pay staff working in the operating room their hourly wages but not pay the surgeon. This is yet another brilliant (said sarcastically) move on the administrators at EJ. I learned that the operating room cancelled surgeries on Friday because they don't have staff, but yet the staff is working when there aren't any surgeries. Great leadership, Donna!
he got a better offer

Gouverneur, NY

#16 Jan 9, 2013
the hospital doesn't pay him the insurance companies do I had gall bladder remvol and myinsurance mad payment directly to HIM
Gretchen

Gouverneur, NY

#17 Jan 9, 2013
he got a better offer wrote:
the hospital doesn't pay him the insurance companies do I had gall bladder remvol and myinsurance mad payment directly to HIM
I don't want to give too many details of my position in the hospital, but the doctor is a salaried employee of the hospital. That means the insurance payments all go to the hospital, even though they may have his name on it. The employed physician status means he's paid a set rate, and the billables are surrendered to the hospital. The hospital is still collecting payments under the doctor's name for services he provided, and administration has not paid him his paycheck. I feel bad, because some staff are getting full pay checks and others aren't receiving any money. Administration makes bizarre decisions. I hope this clarifies the mystery behind the rumors. I hope our town can find a replacement for the physicians that are moving out of the community or try to rectify the inequalities to retain our doctors and physician assistants.
Cyborg

United States

#18 Jan 9, 2013
Prepare to be absorbed. CPH is your new leader and you should address them properly. Speaking out will not be tolerated. Tow the line my friends tow the line.
Einstein

Gouverneur, NY

#19 Jan 9, 2013
Gee why do you think the doctor wants to be a salaried employee? He could pay his own rent,receptionist, malpractice insurance, continuing education, and vacation, with coverage.
Der

United States

#20 Jan 10, 2013
Einstein wrote:
Gee why do you think the doctor wants to be a salaried employee? He could pay his own rent,receptionist, malpractice insurance, continuing education, and vacation, with coverage.
That's the direction health care is going. Obviously you don't read.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gouverneur Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
tyler douglas out again 1 hr right 5
St. Lawrence County woman sentenced for raping ... 1 hr Smell it 6
Kim Hart 2 hr Wet and Wild 10
Poor dog 15 hr Wow 3
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Fri Lol 16,781
Jordan Lay (Jan '13) Fri Notrious BIG 25
Rensselaer Falls man dies in accident at Gouver... Aug 28 people 1
•••
•••
•••