county propety tax increase

county propety tax increase

Posted in the Gouverneur Forum

property tax payor

Long Eddy, NY

#1 Jan 24, 2013
Does any one out there wonder how our county property taxes increased at the level that they did? I mean our Governor limited property tax increases to 2% so,, How did our property taxes increase over 13%? Can any-one explain this to me?
Donald Robinson

Ithaca, NY

#2 Jan 24, 2013
property tax payor wrote:
Does any one out there wonder how our county property taxes increased at the level that they did? I mean our Governor limited property tax increases to 2% so,, How did our property taxes increase over 13%? Can any-one explain this to me?
Well DUH, all they had to do was have a majority to override the 2%.
????

Ithaca, NY

#3 Jan 24, 2013
Planning on selling my home next year and moving out of town between the taxes and dirt bags here its not worth it
taxpayer

Ithaca, NY

#4 Jan 25, 2013
property tax payor wrote:
The state passed the 2% ceiling, however, it stipulates exceptions and necessities may be made. Of course.....local governments are not going to manage better, lay off employees, forgo pay increases, have employees contribute to medical insurance. It's a bureaucracy that keeps on going with our tax dollars.

“I could be wrong.”

Since: Apr 11

The Internet

#5 Jan 25, 2013
[QUOTE who="????"]Planning on selling my home next year and moving out of town between the taxes and dirt bags here its not worth it [/QUOTE]

Just curious, but where will you move to, and what are the relevant comparable tax rates there?
county resident

Ithaca, NY

#6 Jan 29, 2013
town and county,village, and school taxes are pricing some people out of their own homes. It's scary to think what people on fixed incomes are going to do in the near future.
Resident

Wethersfield, CT

#7 Mar 3, 2013
Yes it is getting ridiculous.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gouverneur Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Young Christopher Fuller 16 min Yup 39
News Gouverneur pair jailed following two burglary c... 46 min typical 20
Fowler Judge 9 hr Carol 7
Jessica Rosenbarker 15 hr Bobbi 3
ES principal Fri Curious Parent 20
Lizzy Jun 21 Booty monster 1
Class of 2017 money Jun 21 top dog 91

Gouverneur Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance