First Prev
of 6
Next Last
DCO Karma

New Hartford, NY

#1 Aug 10, 2012
http://www.wwnytv.com/news/local/Thursday-Bob...
Dog Lost...By Warden
Story Published: Aug 9, 2012 at 7:21 PM EDT
Story Updated: Aug 10, 2012 at 6:57 AM EDT
Dawn Chimbers of Harrisville lost her dog, a Japanese Chin, nearly two weeks ago.
That's bad enough for Dawn. But adding to her misery is how the dog, named 'Bobber,' was lost.
(By the way, Japanese Chins are a 'toy' breed, basically lapdogs. More information can be found here.)
As Dawn tells it,'Bobber' ran away. He didn't get all that far - a neighbor found the dog and called the dog warden.
To Dawn, that seemed like good news.
"He says,'If you'd like, I'm going to Edwards today. There's a parade in Edwards. I'll drop your little dog off.' And I thought,'Boy, how great!'"
It didn't work out. Dawn said the warden called her back hours later, saying he lost the dog at the parade.
"He said when the drums started, he {the dog} broke away and ran." Dawn said.
Dan Moyer, the dog warden, largely agrees with Dawn's story, but sees it as a case of an attempted good deed gone astray.
"She explained she didn't have a car and we were going to the parade. So I said, we'll bring the dog to you," Moyer said.
"But it broke away at the parade. I've tried to find it, we've gone to Edwards looking for it."
And Moyer's not the only person searching. Dawn said she comes to Edwards frequently to put up signs, hoping someone will spot her dog.
wait one second

Utica, NY

#2 Aug 10, 2012
http://watertown.craigslist.org/pet/319682478...

Just found this add on craigslist could this be her "lost" dog?. Seems a little fishy, someone should just check this add out just in case and get in touch with the woman. Dog matches red and white decription and everything.
WAIT

United States

#3 Aug 10, 2012
wait one second wrote:
http://watertown.craigslist.or g/pet/3196824787.html
Just found this add on craigslist could this be her "lost" dog?. Seems a little fishy, someone should just check this add out just in case and get in touch with the woman. Dog matches red and white decription and everything.
Hmmmm someone must of seen your posting, the image has been removed?!?!
TUESDAY

United States

#4 Aug 10, 2012
This Tuesday August 14 @7:00pm Gouverneur Town Board meeting at the Town Offices( where DMV is located) if you have or EVER had an experience with the man WE pay to be OUR dog control and his girlfriend" Deputy dog" please come to this meeting and be heard!!
oh yea

Waterville, NY

#6 Aug 10, 2012
TUESDAY wrote:
This Tuesday August 14 @7:00pm Gouverneur Town Board meeting at the Town Offices( where DMV is located) if you have or EVER had an experience with the man WE pay to be OUR dog control and his girlfriend" Deputy dog" please come to this meeting and be heard!!
Please do. Dog Control Officer will be there to. Can't wait for this meeting! Can't wait to see all this so called proof everyone thinks they have against him other than just coming from the mouth.
Slackers

Waterville, NY

#7 Aug 10, 2012
Someone should contact that woman saying that it could b her dog!
the ad

Utica, NY

#8 Aug 10, 2012
on craigslist was proubly put there by marcie, so everyone would think someone had the dog, then took it off as soon as she knew someone saw it, wouldn't surprise me
Slackers

Waterville, NY

#9 Aug 10, 2012
Doesn't surprise me either! Someone has that poor dog!
Speak Up

Utica, NY

#10 Aug 10, 2012
TUESDAY wrote:
I totally agree and am looking forward to it. It's about time this town spoke up and the citizens voiced their opinions. About how he buys dog food with his own money, about how he is willing to support this small town community and bring people their pets because, while they love their pets, are just too darn inconvenienced to go pick them up, about how he finds homes for them instead of euthanizing them. How dare he disregard his mandates, on his minimal pay, in order care for animals. I think we need to all speak up about this travesty!(That's sarcasm in case some didn't pick up on that).
concerned

Waterville, NY

#11 Aug 10, 2012
OMG I bet that animal group has the dog. They been known to take peoples dogs off the streets. They have been in trouble many different times for it. I would check into it.
EXIT

Utica, NY

#12 Aug 10, 2012
Speak Up wrote:
<quoted text>I totally agree and am looking forward to it. It's about time this town spoke up and the citizens voiced their opinions. About how he buys dog food with his own money, about how he is willing to support this small town community and bring people their pets because, while they love their pets, are just too darn inconvenienced to go pick them up, about how he finds homes for them instead of euthanizing them. How dare he disregard his mandates, on his minimal pay, in order care for animals. I think we need to all speak up about this travesty!(That's sarcasm in case some didn't pick up on that).
Really marcie, your what we dont need in this community! You love dogs (funny)but yet u have bread more sick dogs and sold them , knowing theres so many unwanted dogs around but your adding to that problem. Ahh and how about all the dog food dan takes from the pound to feed all your dogs.
Really

Utica, NY

#13 Aug 10, 2012
concerned wrote:
OMG I bet that animal group has the dog. They been known to take peoples dogs off the streets. They have been in trouble many different times for it. I would check into it.
is that you chandra running your mouth too?
agree

Waterville, NY

#14 Aug 10, 2012
Speak Up wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally agree and am looking forward to it. It's about time this town spoke up and the citizens voiced their opinions. About how he buys dog food with his own money, about how he is willing to support this small town community and bring people their pets because, while they love their pets, are just too darn inconvenienced to go pick them up, about how he finds homes for them instead of euthanizing them. How dare he disregard his mandates, on his minimal pay, in order care for animals. I think we need to all speak up about this travesty!(That's sarcasm in case some didn't pick up on that).
I agree with this poster to. I think we need to help support our DCO for what he does. He has always been great with me anytime I have dealt with him. He works with you and helps in whatever way he can. Thumbs up!
Speak Up

Utica, NY

#15 Aug 10, 2012
EXIT wrote:
<quoted text>
Really marcie, your what we dont need in this community! You love dogs (funny)but yet u have bread more sick dogs and sold them , knowing theres so many unwanted dogs around but your adding to that problem. Ahh and how about all the dog food dan takes from the pound to feed all your dogs.
SWING...and a miss. Now, this might surprise you a little bit, but there are other folks in this town, called the silent majority (look it up on Google, or Bing, but remember Google has 2 "O"s!) That don't bitch, moan, whine, complain, and throw a hissy fit everytime that something doesn't go our way, nor do we perceive everything that occurs to be a personal insult against us. Honestly, in the grand scheme of things, and this might startle you ba it, you're not important enough for the sog catcher, the police, the village workers, or the government, to "have it out" for you, or to do things to intentionally to upset you. MAYBE it's possible that innocent situations happen, and that you are an oversensitized citizen that has an inflated sense of self-righteousness that you need to get over! Sorry, I'm not Marcy.
shooter

Waterville, NY

#16 Aug 10, 2012
concerned wrote:
oh really? what does would that be??? tell us another joke! we would love to hear it!!
shooter

Waterville, NY

#17 Aug 10, 2012
Speak Up wrote:
<quoted text>
SWING...and a miss. Now, this might surprise you a little bit, but there are other folks in this town, called the silent majority (look it up on Google, or Bing, but remember Google has 2 "O"s!) That don't bitch, moan, whine, complain, and throw a hissy fit everytime that something doesn't go our way, nor do we perceive everything that occurs to be a personal insult against us. Honestly, in the grand scheme of things, and this might startle you ba it, you're not important enough for the sog catcher, the police, the village workers, or the government, to "have it out" for you, or to do things to intentionally to upset you. MAYBE it's possible that innocent situations happen, and that you are an oversensitized citizen that has an inflated sense of self-righteousness that you need to get over! Sorry, I'm not Marcy.
you're def not Marcie. She's too dumb to come up with big words like that
the ad

Utica, NY

#18 Aug 10, 2012
Speak Up wrote:
<quoted text>
how about he never tried to find homes for dogs until f4pp was started, no one ever heard what was in that pound because he kept it quiet, how about the dogs he dragged into twinnings office to be put down while people sat in the waiting room and could hear them screaming, i've had pets put down they didn't scream like that. he has been seen litterly throwing dogs into the vehicle, the pound is filty and stinks no excuse for that shelters have dozens and dozens of animals but it doesn't stink.i could go on for 10 more paragraphs but your not worth the bother head lice
FreeDogs

United States

#19 Aug 10, 2012
Marcie is dumping dogs, free to good home full bred pit, hmmmm wonder how and where she got those?! I thought momma hated pits:(
Speak Up

Utica, NY

#20 Aug 10, 2012
the ad wrote:
<quoted text>
how about he never tried to find homes for dogs until f4pp was started, no one ever heard what was in that pound because he kept it quiet, how about the dogs he dragged into twinnings office to be put down while people sat in the waiting room and could hear them screaming, i've had pets put down they didn't scream like that. he has been seen litterly throwing dogs into the vehicle, the pound is filty and stinks no excuse for that shelters have dozens and dozens of animals but it doesn't stink.i could go on for 10 more paragraphs but your not worth the bother head lice
Head lice?! I'm freaking bald! What, are you in the 3rd grade here?! Now, let's review your post. I believe that it would benefit you to research how long an animal stays, by ordinance, in the pound before it is put down. "Dozens and dozens of animals" would indicate that A) someone isn't doing their job and putting the animals down in a timely manner or B) that you were in a different town. Either way, you indicated that the pound stank, which is possible. This says that you were there and didn't offer to help clean it or assemble a group to assist in the operation. So I will propose at the town meeting that we give Dan 10 hours of overtime, at the city's expense, in order to clean and organize the pound, since your bleeding heart butt won't go out and volunteer to be beneficial to the betterment of the community!
not at all

Waterville, NY

#21 Aug 10, 2012
the ad wrote:
<quoted text>
How about the DCO had his facebook page way before ff4p had any group started. March 2011 to be exact. I just checked the dog pound page for the proof. That group was not even a group yet. I hate to burst your pride there. He has done a wonderful job and has gotten a lot of dogs out of the pound. Your group did not even exist when he wanted to try to create a page post pics and see if he could help find homes. So no it did not start with you.There were many adoptions before you started this group. This group you claim you are need to stop with all this negativity and crap. Our DCO is not at all what you are portraying him to be and it makes me sick to my stomach. His facebook page shows that he does his job well with all the dogs that have been picked up since the page was put up. That is a lot of dogs he dealt with. I commence him in all that he does. You your group just need to learn that you are separate from the pound, you are not the pound. Let him do his job and you do yours.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gouverneur Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
morristown school 2 hr buwheat 1
News Gouverneur pair jailed following two burglary c... 6 hr OPPIE 23
Booty 11 hr Dumbass 20
When are these lazy cops going to start doing t... 11 hr Dumbass 13
Gouverneur school high school 22 hr Lets rally 57
Cocaine 22 hr Angie 1
MCcurdy ! Sat Blue 6

Gouverneur Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance