Whats the best restaurant in or aroun...
fedup

Ashburn, VA

#22 Apr 20, 2011
I say the Casablanca is the best u get ur moneys worth and friendly home atmosphere.Mullins really sucks all the way around, Gregs is ok for pizza all else u dont hardley get anything and i know how food is handled there.As for Gentrys wow stuck ups and little food
whoever

Waterville, NY

#23 Apr 20, 2011
wow wrote:
Mullins does have great food, but i agree the waitresses are horrible., they all walk around thinking they are goregous eps that rowe girl, and toni is just plain dumb ..I loe the menu the way things are named after family members and different things in gouv, and tina and dan did a great job remodeling ...just question their idea of a good employee
You guys have obviously never had Hope wait on you, she's amazing!!!!!!!!!!
Kathy

Utica, NY

#24 Apr 20, 2011
Gentrys and Casablanca are the best all around, Mullins and Gregs are awful all around. I actually have had Hope and while she was friendly she wasnt nothing to rave about.
wow

New Hartford, NY

#25 Apr 20, 2011
to whoever...i said only two of the waitresses stink that toni lady and the rowe chick they are horrible
Kathy

Utica, NY

#26 Apr 20, 2011
wow wrote:
to whoever...i said only two of the waitresses stink that toni lady and the rowe chick they are horrible
The Rowe chicks name is Tara, used to be Tara Reed and yes she thinks her shit doesnt stink to put it lightly lol
Nana

Utica, NY

#27 Apr 20, 2011
For some very good food check out Tripp's Restuarant. The place is extremely clean and the prices are very reasonable(much cheaper than the restuarants in Gouverneur.)
Yeah you have to drive to Fowler to get your order but they are open until 8:00 every night. It is worth the drive.
Large pepperoni pizza is only around eleven dollars and is made from fresh pizza dough.
A large salad is only about five dollars and will feed three people. It is made with all fresh lettuce, cucumbers, radishes, tomatoes etc.
The fried chicken is the best!!
Check it out, I think you will be pleased!!
one problem

Albany, NY

#28 Apr 20, 2011
If you are going to eat at tipps do not eat there if there is a green ford explorer in the parking lot you will reget it
RichieCuntingham

New Hartford, NY

#29 Apr 20, 2011
Arnold's Drive-In in Milwaukee.
Hot wingman

Long Eddy, NY

#30 Apr 21, 2011
You couldnt PAY me to go back to Gentrys or Mullins. Best wings are at Gregs but some people dont think they will be open a year from now. Used to be a great place, but he fired all the good waitresses and cuts WAYYY too many corners trying to save a buck
Wow

Utica, NY

#32 Apr 21, 2011
I agree 100% with Rundown and the Cat but should add the Sunday bartender at Gentrys is a love. The regular is a bit slow and likes to talk instead of work but the food is worth it.

I also agree with the Tripps suggestion for lunch. I dont know anything about a green explorer but the buffalo wrap is delicious.
JAG

Utica, NY

#33 Apr 21, 2011
wow wrote:
Mullins does have great food, but i agree the waitresses are horrible., they all walk around thinking they are goregous eps that rowe girl, and toni is just plain dumb ..I loe the menu the way things are named after family members and different things in gouv, and tina and dan did a great job remodeling ...just question their idea of a good employee
It's Jefferson, not Rowe, and she is a beautiful person, inside and out - and she is not conceited or vain. She is a very, very, very hardworker,a fantastic mother and coach and a very sweet and kind teacher. She is polite and well mannered and there is no reason for anyone to say , more or less , that she thinks she's better than anyone else. That is not even close to her character.
Wow

Utica, NY

#34 Apr 21, 2011
Tara Reed Rowe Jefferson. Sorry Jag, is that better? Everyone has their own opinion. You think she's great, others may not. I know MANY that would agree with wow while her friends and family may agree with you. So theres no sense in arguing the fact. Everyone is entitled to believe whatever they want.
steve

Moravia, NY

#35 Apr 22, 2011
If you like fish you have to try the Friday fish fry at Bob's Market, it't the best I have ever had.
steve

Moravia, NY

#36 Apr 22, 2011
If you like fish you have to try Bob's Market. Best fish I've ever had
union for ever

New Hartford, NY

#37 Apr 22, 2011
the caz buy far now that the roma closed it was awsome when the old man was alive he would come rite to ur table and ask how the meal was and have a drink with you and your family hands down the caz mullins scab restaurant
Dr Who

Utica, NY

#38 Apr 23, 2011
Gregs does got the best wings,Premos pizza isnt bad it depends on who makes it.Mullins is a wash nothing really good their unless it comes in a bottle.
Krissy

Syracuse, NY

#39 Apr 23, 2011
My fav. Wings is trips sweet & sassy wings! They are the best anywhere in town!! All their food is great & good prices! I allso love how u kno all the workers there & their all so friendly! I don't think theirs been a new face in over a yr!! That's got to say something!!
I have to agree mullins food suck right a long with gregs!! I have knowen 8 dif ppl that have worked their in the last yr & they all say the same thing they would never eat their agen even tho they work their at the time & when I was told what went on I'm glad all I've had from their was their pizza & it sucked!! & the oner is a compleat ass hole & ppl should stop giving him their bizness in till he learns how to treat his costomers & impolyes!!
& I do like some of the stuff from Premos...
steve

Moravia, NY

#40 Apr 23, 2011
I agree with you about the wings at Tripps, they are the best and a great price. You also have to try the mile high coconut cream pie, it's homemade as most of there pies are.
previous customer

Utica, NY

#41 Apr 23, 2011
I agree that some of the food at the Casablanca is good. But the kitchen is disgusting and needs a good cleaning.
Sara

Utica, NY

#42 Apr 24, 2011
Coconut creme pie is great from Tripps! They have lots of good stuff there. The wraps are really good too.
'
Mullins is awful. Gregs is awful.

I dont think we have a good pizza place in town at all. ny pizza is so expensive and only once in a while do i get it good. The last time it was burnt. The time before that the cheese was falling off. Some ppl like it, I personally dont. Premos is so generic. I was told to pay extra and order hand tossed crust and it was as bad as mullins and tasted like cardboard. Was awful. Hopefully something good comes along someday.

Casablanca and gentrys are both good but you could lower your prices a bit and up your portions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gouverneur Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Maude S. Jenkins 7 hr Sandy parlett-thayer 1
Eric Graham 10 hr GrownAssAdult 9
Justice for Amber mote Mon just saying 4
News Judge sends former Gouverneur resident to priso... (Feb '13) Mon mackey 39
Gary Spicer Mon Wolf in sheeps cl... 3
People that should never have kids Mon Curious 18
John hart Dec 4 just saying 7

Gouverneur Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance