E.J. Noble Hospital closing for good.

Posted in the Gouverneur Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Phantom

Bronx, NY

#1 Dec 6, 2012
I heard the hospital is closing up for good. Anyone else heard anything?
Employee

Gouverneur, NY

#2 Dec 6, 2012
As long as everything passes all right with the state our blood bank can re open in January and then everything will be back to normal...
The Shadow

Gouverneur, NY

#3 Dec 6, 2012
Phantom, you may have heard correctly. I've heard that there has been at least one other serious "incident" since the hospital reopened. If true, that's just unbelievable and completely unacceptable.

They don't have any money, the CEO doesn't have a clue how to even begin to fix things and the Board no longer cares, in my opinion.

Replace the CEO and replace the entire Board, then we can talk about what's best for EJ Noble, its employees and the community.
Mr Obvious

Richville, NY

#4 Dec 6, 2012
Shadow - do you know who is on the board and anything about them? I would like know which ones do not care. I am not saying I don't believe you, but was actually more curious as I do not know.
The Shadow

Gouverneur, NY

#5 Dec 6, 2012
I know them all. Have they ALL given up? Probably not each member individually, but certain members, oh yeah. I think that has the effect of rendering the Board immobile and therefore useless going forward. That's what I believe. The future will tell.

Regardless of whether you think I'm right or wrong about some of the Board members' attitudes, let's not forget this: the current Board allowed, either actively or passively, a horrible situation to continue unaddressed to the point where NYS had to come in and shut the place down. That type of action doesn't just come out of left field. If the Board members had been doing their job, they had to have known there was a problem. Yet they did nothing until it was too late. At the end of the day, that's all I really need to know. They must be replaced, every one of them, along with the CEO. It's the only way to bring about real, positive change and restore the faith of the community in the hospital.
Mr Obvious

Richville, NY

#6 Dec 7, 2012
That would be a huge undertaking. Without a board and CEO who would organize such a reorganization?
The Shadow

Gouverneur, NY

#7 Dec 7, 2012
Yes, it would. No doubt about it. My belief is that it's already being discussed, and if it happens that the current Board is dissolved, another will have already been organized, at least informally. The choice of a new CEO would then fall to this new Board. Of course, this whole issue may very well become a moot point if the talks with NYS falter and the money shortfalls continue.
through the grapevine

Gouverneur, NY

#8 Dec 8, 2012
heard the state closed the pharmacy down...
just my opinion

United States

#10 Dec 8, 2012
i heard from a reliable source that samaritan is working to buy the hospital but they dont want the nursing home!!! I hope they do buy it out!!!!
The Shadow

Gouverneur, NY

#11 Dec 10, 2012
I just heard that E.J. Noble Hospital is currently without a CEO. Chuck Canole has, apparently, left the building. Interesting news.
Dan

Hermon, NY

#12 Dec 10, 2012
They need to find new employees that want to work and not just sit on their fat asses and have their gab sessions.
The Shadow

Gouverneur, NY

#13 Dec 10, 2012
Good luck with that. If they couldn't gossip about the patients and their "problems", they'd be completely lost.
Whatever

United States

#14 Dec 11, 2012
Dan wrote:
They need to find new employees that want to work and not just sit on their fat asses and have their gab sessions.
Go to college then you can sit at the big boys table too
nice

Tully, NY

#15 Dec 11, 2012
Dan wrote:
Dude grow a set and put ur whole name on here or don't u have ur big boy undies on, I have Relatives that work there and depend on that job to support their families, and The ppl that I know their don't sit on their "FAT ASS'S"
agree

Gouverneur, NY

#16 Dec 11, 2012
conole has resigned also it is true the nurses in the er do alot of gossiping about people who walk through that door. i have heard them personally. it is sad. that does not need to be done at all.i just wish it could all be different there. i hate going to the er for alot of reasons. i have traveled to ogensburh and watertown to be seen. that is sad. i would like to be able to support our own hospital..
Jennifer

Skaneateles, NY

#17 Dec 11, 2012
So tell us dude, how do you hear them gossip through closed sound proof doors? Or did you just dream this while you was smoking some of your wacky sht?
good

Gouverneur, NY

#18 Dec 11, 2012
Canole needs to go he is the problem
The Shadow

Gouverneur, NY

#19 Dec 11, 2012
@ Jennifer - Spare me with your sound-proof door nonsense. Many of those who work there, and not just the "ER nurses", gossip and talk about private stuff they shouldn't be talking about all the time, with each other, which is bad enough, but also with people who don't work there. Family, friends, etc. I know this for a FACT, FIRST HAND. What I also know for a fact is that some of those creeps don't deserve the jobs they have, nor do they deserve the trust the community places in them. Maybe if one or two of them got fired, maybe the rest would think twice before opening their mouths again. There's a thought.
Jennifer

Mayfield, NY

#21 Dec 11, 2012
The Shadow wrote:
@ Jennifer - Spare me with your sound-proof door nonsense. Many of those who work there, and not just the "ER nurses", gossip and talk about private stuff they shouldn't be talking about all the time, with each other, which is bad enough, but also with people who don't work there. Family, friends, etc. I know this for a FACT, FIRST HAND. What I also know for a fact is that some of those creeps don't deserve the jobs they have, nor do they deserve the trust the community places in them. Maybe if one or two of them got fired, maybe the rest would think twice before opening their mouths again. There's a thought.
Oh yes your ssssoooooooooo FDUCKING smart, so then tell us how you heardit and what. Since the place is closed to nthe pubic.

Waybe your just a GOSSIP HOLE??????????
Ashley

Geneva, NY

#22 Dec 11, 2012
I heard they also terminated 6-8 positions. Does anyone know about this??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gouverneur Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gouverneur police why do we still pay them 2 hr Long time resident 21
When? 18 hr Grow up 1
News Gouverneur couple accept plea following meth ch... Sat tying 6
News Jasmine L. Pankey Fri lee 2
Joe Lacks retires? Fri Douche Detector 4
News St. Lawrence County legislators want Amish to i... Apr 15 Long time resident 2
Addiction is NOT a disease...it is a WEAKNESS Apr 15 Long time resident 5
More from around the web

Gouverneur People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]