tax payer

Syracuse, NY

#1 Aug 28, 2012
How did the county get so far in debt without anyone keeping taxpayers informed? Can they just override the 2% tax cap without explanning where the money went? Think it is time for some cuts? How do they expect the taxpayers to pay more tax when the employment in this area is so poor?
county resident

Waterville, NY

#3 Aug 28, 2012
mfg wrote:
Where do you expect them to make more cuts?? The money all is going to the welfare rats anyway.
They also can make cuts with employees. Employees often have free time and are often on Facebook during their workday. All those social sites should be blocked from county/state/village/town owned computers. I was actually at a town office one time when a town employee had brought her dog to work. She said she brings him every day and he sits by her dest. Ridiculous! Also, I was at the Gouv. town office and the town clerk was making copies of pictures of her family on the town printer. This stuff should STOP.
I have been in some of the offices when the employees have time to visit, talk, and fool around. So it's not only the county...it's our villages and towns which are also WASTING our TAX DOLLARS.
the one

De Kalb Junction, NY

#4 Aug 28, 2012
No need for the sheriffs to have road patrol. Whenever u drive by the station the cars are all lined up. We have state troopers up the arse and now border patrol. What is the need for the sheriffs

“I could be wrong.”

Since: Apr 11

The Internet

#5 Aug 28, 2012
county resident wrote:
They also can make cuts with employees.
With unemployment as high as it already is, I don't think cutting employment will really be beneficial.
Just The Facts

Utica, NY

#6 Aug 29, 2012
Most local governments have their budgetary hands tied by employee union contracts, notably CSEA. Most of the ads on TV claim that cutting/modifying/reducing benefits of union members will negatively affect your children or your senior citizens or any other
"helpless, unprotected segment of society", when in reality making those changes will first and foremost affect the wallets of the union members. I do not believe the unions' sob stories. In a crappy economy, everyone needs to sacrifice a little.

I expect a barrage of replies from union supporters...bring it on, boys and girls.
Voter

Oriskany Falls, NY

#7 Aug 29, 2012
Get RID of the Sheriff's patrol people, and vehicles. They are unneeded.

Since: Jul 12

Camden, NY

#8 Sep 14, 2012
need to get rid of some of those dinosaurs that work in the DSS office, look ready to retire anyway, and make room for some young blood!
hmm

Waterville, NY

#9 Sep 22, 2012
sounds like a dumb-ass board member
iluvanimals

Boston, MA

#10 Sep 28, 2012
How about administration!!! They answer to no one & have the gall to claim comp time for attending meetings...REALLY...thats part of you JOB. & then spend all day meeting whether it involves them or not...pathetic misuse of $$$

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gouverneur Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Erica Kirkpatrick and Troy Bigwarfe 23 hr TROY 7
Rod and april Tue Bigboy201112 7
Alicia countryman Mon Done with hoes 1
Dirty Pike Mon yepper 8
Gouverneur high school principal Mon agree 14
Glenn Dygert Sun jmo 8
need head or sex Dec 5 Unanamous 4

Gouverneur Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance