19-year-old Arrested on Several Rape ...

19-year-old Arrested on Several Rape and Criminal Sex Act Charges

There are 251 comments on the MyABC50.com story from Nov 30, 2011, titled 19-year-old Arrested on Several Rape and Criminal Sex Act Charges. In it, MyABC50.com reports that:

Eric J. Wood-Delgado, of 51 Dale Road, was arrested and charged with three counts of Rape in the 1st Degree, class B Felonies, five counts of Criminal Sexual Act in the 1st Degree, class B Felonies, Disseminating Indecent Material to Minors in the 1st Degree, a class D Felony and one count of Endangering the Welfare of a Child, a class A ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MyABC50.com.

First Prev
of 13
Next Last
Have a feeling

Watertown, NY

#1 Nov 30, 2011
I have a feeling that the 12 year old girl was more than willing. I know that is a horrible thing to say but from what I have seen going to football games and such. The seniors are dating 9th graders. Last year there was a senior dating an 8th grader. Teachers see this going on in the hallways and do nothing or say nothing. Yes he should have known better because of the age difference, but again did she lie to him about her age. I will have to admitt when I was in high school I wanted to be older and told the older boys I was two years older than I really was no one ever said anything cuz we didn't have cell phones for are parents to see and read everything. What a shame he will be labled the rest of his life. These are the cases I believe the female should also have to step up and take resposiblity, even male at the point. I know a 15 year old male boy dating a 19 year old girl his parents and her parents don't mind. I WOULD.
Guess Who

South Butler, NY

#2 Nov 30, 2011
She's Freakin' 12 years old... and you're feeling sorry for the 19 year-old senior. I'm guessing she is in 6th grade. But I'm sure that she seduced him... what being 12 and all. Did this guy hang out at the playground or what!
:o

Utica, NY

#3 Nov 30, 2011
who was the 12 year old girl?
Guess Who

South Butler, NY

#4 Nov 30, 2011
If Topix actually allows that name of that child to appear on here... they too should be charged with rape.
Friend of Eric

Utica, NY

#5 Nov 30, 2011
The girl who says she had sex with Eric lied or was more than willing. I've heard stories about her and from what I heard she's a real skank. The stories I were told could just be stories, I'm not totally sure. She's a 7th grader. I'm a high school student, and half the shit you hear about is the shit middle school students do and then we get blamed for it. It's dumb. I'm friends with a bunch of people dating others who are a few years older or younger, and there isn't really anything wrong with a few years difference when it comes to dating. If the boys in some of the grades(middle and high school) would grow up some then maybe the girls would date older guys. To the person who first commented on this, that 19 year old girl is one of my bestfriends, so don't be talking shit about her. I'm not going to say her name even though to some it's obvious who you are talking about.
Have a feeling

Watertown, NY

#6 Nov 30, 2011
Friend of Eric wrote:
The girl who says she had sex with Eric lied or was more than willing. I've heard stories about her and from what I heard she's a real skank. The stories I were told could just be stories, I'm not totally sure. She's a 7th grader. I'm a high school student, and half the shit you hear about is the shit middle school students do and then we get blamed for it. It's dumb. I'm friends with a bunch of people dating others who are a few years older or younger, and there isn't really anything wrong with a few years difference when it comes to dating. If the boys in some of the grades(middle and high school) would grow up some then maybe the girls would date older guys. To the person who first commented on this, that 19 year old girl is one of my bestfriends, so don't be talking shit about her. I'm not going to say her name even though to some it's obvious who you are talking about.
UNLESS YOUR FRIEND GOES TO POTSDAM STATE AND LIVES IN MASSENA I DON'T BELIEVE IT IS HER, SO YOU ARE WRONG.

“I could be wrong.”

Since: Apr 11

The Internet

#7 Nov 30, 2011
Friend of Eric wrote:
The girl who says she had sex with Eric lied or was more than willing.
It doesn't matter if she claimed she was willing. She was 12. A 12 year old cannot consent to sexual acts.

In fact, if she was willing, that makes this even worse. That means that somehow, our society (in whole or in part) has convinced a 12 year old girl that she should be having sex. At 12 years old, you don't decide to have sex, you get convinced to have sex.

That's very damaging to the child's mental health. It may now be very difficult for her to mature and maintain a healthy adult sex life, as her entire view of human sexuality will be based on these experiences for the next several years at least.

She should probably be receiving mental health treatment soon.
Hmm

Sutton, MA

#8 Nov 30, 2011
Randall, you don't know much about Gouverneur, or teens/pre-teens these days do you?
They're startin' young now.

“I could be wrong.”

The Internet

#9 Nov 30, 2011
Hmm wrote:
They're startin' young now.
That doesn't somehow make it okay.
Friend of Eric

Utica, NY

#10 Nov 30, 2011
To Have A Feeling: I'm not even going to make a true comment to this because typing in all caps is annoying and dumb.

To Randal: Damaging to her health? Maybe if this town wasn't full of sluts then shit like this would happen. and trust me, it's by choice. When I was in 6th grade there were 6th graders having sex with 6 graders so they obviously weren't convincing each other.

“I could be wrong.”

The Internet

#11 Nov 30, 2011
Friend of Eric wrote:
and trust me, it's by choice.
That doesn't make it okay.

“I could be wrong.”

The Internet

#12 Nov 30, 2011
A 12 year old CANNOT consent to sex. A 12 year old is not an adult, is not mature, and cannot legally or personally consent to sex.

So when you say "it was her choice," you're literally wrong. In order for the action to be a real choice, it needs to also be accompanied by real INFORMED CONSENT.

A 12 year old cannot consent to sex. Doesn't matter if she says "I want to have sex." She's TWELVE YEARS OLD.

TWELVE-YEAR-OLDS CANNOT CONSENT TO SEX. CAN NOT. I'm aghast that you would even suggest this!
Friend of Eric

Utica, NY

#13 Nov 30, 2011
Did I ever say it was okay? No, I did not.
know it all

Utica, NY

#14 Nov 30, 2011
well he is a raper u can tell the difference of a 12 yr old girl and he will always b a looser he had a job at mullins and that skanky bumb was livin wit the people that owned mullins and he didnt even last a week he will never amount to nothing it takes one to know one so a friend of his is the same dont trust or hang wit people like that they will always b bumming loosers and will amount to SHIT

“I could be wrong.”

The Internet

#15 Nov 30, 2011
Friend of Eric wrote:
Did I ever say it was okay? No, I did not.
Then why did you twice insist that she was willing? What was the point of that statement?

Because it sure sounded like you were trying to argue that it's not ALL his fault, since, hey, "she was asking for it."
Friend of Eric

Utica, NY

#16 Nov 30, 2011
To know it all: Please learn the English language, such as correct spelling and punctuation. He is not a rapist. He is not a loser. He plans to go in the Marines, because unlike most people in this town he has a dream/goal. I can promise you I will not amount to shit. I have excellent grades(high 90s) and actually do things with my life such as charity work and sports. If you must know, I plan to move to Albany and become a pharmacist. I'm very positive that that isn't considered "amounting to nothing."
Friend of Eric

Utica, NY

#17 Nov 30, 2011
To Randall: I did not insist that she was willing, I was only stating the different reasons this could have possibly happened.
Wellgofigure

United States

#18 Nov 30, 2011
To "have a feeling"....I can safely assume you do not have a twelve year old daughter! Such harsh comments...12 years old, you truly believe she has the capacity to consent? Wow.
To "friend of Eric"...ummm...he planned on the Marines. There is no way he will now be accepted. He may although get accepted into the Army. He just made the worst mistake of his life, but he is an adult. Sorry.
disgusted

United States

#19 Nov 30, 2011
This literally disgusts me. No 12 year old should be having sex with anyone. A 19 year old ADULT can tell the difference between a 12 year old and an 18 year old and there is absolutely no excuse for this to happen.

To his friend: You may be his friend but defending this sick and twisted person does not shed a good light on you. I would advise you to stop and shut up before you make yourself look any more ignorant.I would be concerned to have you around underage children as well if you can defend him. I would also advise you cut ties with him. Associating with someone like that will negatively reflect on you as well!

I hope he has a lot of time in a cell to think about his actions.
know it all

Utica, NY

#20 Nov 30, 2011
well there u go joinin the marines thats wat alot of lossssssseeeeerrrs du cuse they cant get jobs and even if he would b exepted he wouldnt last he cant even keep a job for a week and he and all his frieendds r sick mutha fucka's

Corrrect this looooser

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gouverneur Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
brian davis 6 hr cat 1
Red Dodge Ram Jun 24 Frank 10
Gouverneur Tribune Jun 24 village resident 4
Donut Shop Jun 21 wondering 3
does any body know greg fifield (Jul '11) Jun 21 muhahaha 27
Cemetery on Upper Grove Street Jun 21 burial desecration 10
dr Jalizie Jun 16 Next door Neighbor 4
More from around the web

Gouverneur People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE