State Police Wednesday, November 13 i...

State Police Wednesday, November 13 in Gouverneur

Posted in the Gouverneur Forum

First Prev
of 20
Next Last
Witness

Ithaca, NY

#1 Nov 14, 2013
If you were pulled over/cited last evening by (Gouverneur) state police, please go to the Watertown Craigslist to forward your information, especially if you also received a "lecture"!
Huh

Stafford Springs, CT

#2 Nov 14, 2013
Witness wrote:
If you were pulled over/cited last evening by (Gouverneur) state police, please go to the Watertown Craigslist to forward your information, especially if you also received a "lecture"!
What do u mean?what part on Craigslist and what was up? I saw 7 troopers in matter of one drive across town pulling people over and two were searching cars
Witness

Ithaca, NY

#3 Nov 14, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
What do u mean?what part on Craigslist and what was up? I saw 7 troopers in matter of one drive across town pulling people over and two were searching cars
Craigslist RANTS & RAVES for Watertown, sorry.
Huh

Stafford Springs, CT

#4 Nov 14, 2013
Unable to find anything about it. Were u a victim of being pulled over and do you have any information as to what the deal was? And what do u mean by the lecture
Zip It

Ithaca, NY

#5 Nov 14, 2013
Huh wrote:
Unable to find anything about it. Were u a victim of being pulled over and do you have any information as to what the deal was? And what do u mean by the lecture
If you dont know then you Arent one the GROUP IS Looking for!
frtyhu

Watertown, NY

#6 Nov 14, 2013
Witness is just a Momma's boy blatting because he got a ticket, one that he richly deserved.
thought

Ardsley, NY

#7 Nov 14, 2013
The village board asked the state police to take over patrol duties in the village pending approval to dissolve the village police dept. so the state boys came rolling in to take over to show everyone what they will do if there is no village PD.
Eyore

Ithaca, NY

#8 Nov 14, 2013
thought wrote:
The village board asked the state police to take over patrol duties in the village pending approval to dissolve the village police dept. so the state boys came rolling in to take over to show everyone what they will do if there is no village PD.
Doubtful, because then they would have to find new sleeping spots
Witness

Ithaca, NY

#9 Nov 14, 2013
frtyhu wrote:
Witness is just a Momma's boy blatting because he got a ticket, one that he richly deserved.
No, actually, I was walking (WALKING) my dog and saw a state trooper acting like a little boy throwing a tantrum, which is why I got it on my camera phone.
Hmmm

Ithaca, NY

#10 Nov 14, 2013
Yeah, I drove into the Village last night about 10:30PM via Rt. 11 and the place was crawling with NYS troopers. I thought there was either a roadblock wrapping up or some type of "incident". I must have met 4 or 5 troopers between the the bowling alley and downtown.

I'd be very interested to know if there's anything to the post by "thought". That would be quite a blow to the village, IMO. I know that I wouldn't want to live under the thumb of the NYSP.
thought

Ardsley, NY

#11 Nov 14, 2013
Witness wrote:
<quoted text>No, actually, I was walking (WALKING) my dog and saw a state trooper acting like a little boy throwing a tantrum, which is why I got it on my camera phone.
Post it!
Hmmm

Ithaca, NY

#12 Nov 14, 2013
thought wrote:
How sure are you about this? Are there any details you would like to share? That's big news, if true. Thanks.
Front Toward Enemy

Watertown, NY

#13 Nov 14, 2013
Know your rights and obligations when youíre pulled over.

All you have to provide the police is a valid driverís license, vehicle registration and insurance card. Any and all questions they ask you, do not answer. They will get angry. They will threaten you. But donít give in. You do not have to answer any questions. The more you talk, the more you potentially give them reasonable suspicion to search your car or anything else they want to do. This should go without saying but also, NEVER GIVE CONSENT FOR THEM TO SEARCH YOUR CAR. Even if you think you have nothing to hide. To recap.. donít talk to police. NOT A WORD. Donít give consent to search. NEVER.

They may ask you to exit your vehicle. You have to comply. Due to a shoddy Pennsylvania case upheld by the Supreme Court, they can legally ask you to exit your vehicle for,ďtheir safetyĒ. But when you do this, lock your door and shut it. Again, donít answer their questions and never give them consent to search.

The only thing you should do if you can is record this incident on your cell phone (it is 100% legal to record anyone, especially law enforcement in public without their consent) and you should continue to ask the officer if youíre being detained. If he says no, then ask if youíre free to go. Repeat this if he refuses to let you go. This is the only thing you should say to the officers.

Naturally, knowing your rights and recording officers will make them mad but it will also make them behave.
fed up

Fayetteville, NY

#14 Nov 14, 2013
Perhaps a certain police officer that has a beef with the GPD and the board would prefer it be closed down since he/she will not be a part of the department.
frtyhu

Watertown, NY

#15 Nov 14, 2013
Front Toward Enemy wrote:
Know your rights and obligations when youíre pulled over.
All you have to provide the police is a valid driverís license, vehicle registration and insurance card. Any and all questions they ask you, do not answer. They will get angry. They will threaten you. But donít give in. You do not have to answer any questions. The more you talk, the more you potentially give them reasonable suspicion to search your car or anything else they want to do. This should go without saying but also, NEVER GIVE CONSENT FOR THEM TO SEARCH YOUR CAR. Even if you think you have nothing to hide. To recap.. donít talk to police. NOT A WORD. Donít give consent to search. NEVER.
They may ask you to exit your vehicle. You have to comply. Due to a shoddy Pennsylvania case upheld by the Supreme Court, they can legally ask you to exit your vehicle for,ďtheir safetyĒ. But when you do this, lock your door and shut it. Again, donít answer their questions and never give them consent to search.
The only thing you should do if you can is record this incident on your cell phone (it is 100% legal to record anyone, especially law enforcement in public without their consent) and you should continue to ask the officer if youíre being detained. If he says no, then ask if youíre free to go. Repeat this if he refuses to let you go. This is the only thing you should say to the officers.
Naturally, knowing your rights and recording officers will make them mad but it will also make them behave.
You must be one of those whack job nut case Soverign Citizen types.

Obviously you think rules and laws do not apply to you.
Hmmm

Ithaca, NY

#16 Nov 14, 2013
I'm unclear as to your point. If you're implying that the events of 11/13/2013 were a "show of force/solidarity" undertaken as a way to "nudge" the residents of this Village one way or the other, then the "certain police officer(s)" should realize that using the badge to harass citizens and deny them of any Constitutionally protected right is an actionable offense under Federal law.

And Front Toward Enemy, you may be 100% right in all you've written, and I think you are, but I suggest you try it yourself on one of these "local" guys first, then post your legal help. What you've suggested may work just fine in an urban setting where you're one of many tens of thousands of people, and the routine cop spends his days running from call to call, seeing a myriad of faces and dreading the paperwork. But up here, where the days are long and we are WAY OVERPOLICED based on the density of the population, many of the cops, especially ones from out of the area, have nothing better to do than make your life miserable merely because you didn't submit. They WILL and DO remember you and your vehicle. To think otherwise is nothing if not naive.
Hmmm

Ithaca, NY

#17 Nov 14, 2013
First paragraph above was in reference to "fed up".
Curious

Springfield, NJ

#18 Nov 14, 2013
thought wrote:
Absolutely no truth to this statement. I think the present actions of law enforcement borders on harrassment. This would not be tolerated in other parts of the state and it should not be allowed to occur here.
Curious

Springfield, NJ

#19 Nov 14, 2013
Someone should FOIL the number of tickets written in North Country towns by the state fiscal year over the last ten years. Someone should also add up the number of officers at all levels, village,county, state and federal that have a presence in a rural county of 125,000. It has become ridiculous...
Steve

United States

#20 Nov 14, 2013
How many exhaust stops where there last?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 20
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gouverneur Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Any one wana trade nudies (May '12) 17 hr Mrchewtoy 10
Foo Fighters to play Gouverneur Fair Fri SlimboyFat 6
kaitlyn redmond (Feb '12) Fri :) 4
Her booty thogh ❤❤ Thu Kyerstin 14
Emily Dehart.... Thu Yuck 10
Brandon Garrett? Aug 16 bobs_burgers 3
Kyerstin Cole/ Skyler Rusin Aug 15 Kyerstin 6

Gouverneur Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance