Six new state troopers assigned to St. Lawrence County

Six new graduates of the State Police Academy have been assigned to Trooo B's Zone 2 which encompasses St.

Read more

“Troll Hunters INC.”

Since: Jan 10

Trollville

#85 Nov 1, 2012
No we kNot only in the ogdensburg forums either. Changed my name? Don't understand your point there but no I didn't. To finish xxx answered your question in post # 83. Good day.
Wow

Richville, NY

#87 Nov 1, 2012
barney fife wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, I'm entitled to my opinion as you are.
First Amendment says “Congress shall make no law … abridging the freedom of speech,” it means that no federal, state or local government official can infringe on your free-speech rights.
I respect the law as everyone else. Doesn't mean i agree with it or you!
Luke - everyone is entitled to their opinion, but being disrespectful will get you nowhere or recognized. I hope you don't look the way you sound. Your making an ass of yourself.
Wow

Richville, NY

#88 Nov 1, 2012
barney fife wrote:
The Right To Be Left Alone
All the right words (except for the use of the word "right" as to police, since the State has no "rights", only authority), but after providing the feel-good rhetoric, the Court goes into its flight of fantasy where police/citizen confrontations are benign because there's no gun pointed at the citizen's head.
The same problem arises in the federal context with Miranda issues when the question posed is whether the subject of interrogation is in custody.
When a police officer turns his or her attention to an ordinary person and says something, does that ordinary person truly believe that he or she has the right to be left alone? Can he or she simply keep walking, or turn away, or refuse to respond to the officer's inquiry? On what planet?
No one, from begger to Senator (which may not be a very broad spectrum), feels this way. We all feel constrained to submit to the badge. No one feels sufficiently bold to elect to ignore the officer and continue going about our business. McDonald says we can make that choice, but no cop I've ever known would let that happen. And no person I've ever seen believes it to be true.
The exercise of our right to be left alone, and this is a constitutional right, exists only in judicial decisions. It's never existed on the street or in our cars. When a couple of cops stops a person on the street and demand that a person identify themself, does anyone believe that it is "merely" a request that they have an absolute right to ignore? Does anyone believe that if they ignored the request and walked away, that would be the end of it? Anyone?
Why then do courts continue to decide cases that affect the lives of people based upon premises that every senscient being knows is silly? The law has become so top heavy is legal fantasies and rhetorical explanations substituting for what happens in the real world that it is becoming increasingly difficult to take stop and search decisions seriously. For most criminal defense lawyers, they are exercises in judicial slight of hand to find some phraseology that pretends to honor the Constitution while invariably upholding the search.
Usually, the decision goes at its foregone conclusion directly, using language that strains reality by calling the police intrusion "minimal" or consensual, as if people with guns (always protruding from their waistband and readily visible, since criminal gun-possessors are too stupid to make any effort to hide them from the cops) or drugs are happy to show police their contraband for the mere asking.
ok take a deep breath and take your fingers off the copy and paste buttons. We are all well aware of these judicial happenings, but in a society where we use ATM's, credit cards, checks, walk past retail security cameras and drive under street camera, You Tube and the internet - your grabbing for straws dude. You give your name to betty the clerk, leroy the cashier and johnny the security guy. You are not complaining about this - so whey the beef with the police who are more than likely following up on suspicion, gaining ground on a investigation or answering questions for a trial. If you do not like the police - fine...but without them you will be giving your name to bubba or jim as they rob you and see your license in your wallet before they harm you. What is better? Think about it. Locally I can relate this to the boy in Potsdam ( Garrett ) who everyone would like to see justice served. Do you think that if everyone clammed up and turned a shoulder to the police they would be right? C'mon - you can take this as far as you want, but without a lawyer you are a copy/paste guy (or girl) who is going to grab the smallest straw of the bunch. I enjoyed your article though.
troopers daughter

Oswego, NY

#89 Nov 1, 2012
Romney has my vote wrote:
<quoted text>how can you make a statement like that because it is not true. Where do you get your facts. And as far as salaries take a look at See through NY it gives all salaries and the fact is many state policeman make over $100,000 a year. New York taxes are highest in the country and ranks 50th in job creation. Why does a Florida state policeman make about half around $50,000 it all facts .But your statement on Gov.Romney is false. Maybe you like the handouts from Obama???
I stand by what I said about Romney, and I don't need a hand out from anyone, thanks! The site you wrote of is obviously not factual, I have personally seen tax returns of the troopers in my family! My facts come from research, not all the propogandist, jump on the bandwagon bullshit! I'll be an adult here and actually give you the benefit of the doubt, that you are not really a suck on society!
barney fife

Ogdensburg, NY

#90 Nov 1, 2012
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
ok take a deep breath and take your fingers off the copy and paste buttons. We are all well aware of these judicial happenings, but in a society where we use ATM's, credit cards, checks, walk past retail security cameras and drive under street camera, You Tube and the internet - your grabbing for straws dude. You give your name to betty the clerk, leroy the cashier and johnny the security guy. You are not complaining about this - so whey the beef with the police who are more than likely following up on suspicion, gaining ground on a investigation or answering questions for a trial. If you do not like the police - fine...but without them you will be giving your name to bubba or jim as they rob you and see your license in your wallet before they harm you. What is better? Think about it. Locally I can relate this to the boy in Potsdam ( Garrett ) who everyone would like to see justice served. Do you think that if everyone clammed up and turned a shoulder to the police they would be right? C'mon - you can take this as far as you want, but without a lawyer you are a copy/paste guy (or girl) who is going to grab the smallest straw of the bunch. I enjoyed your article though.
Do you respect the law because you agree with it, or do you respect it because of fear of what will happen to you if you don't obey?
cute donkeys

Bronx, NY

#91 Nov 1, 2012
hhb1977 wrote:
Wow. Four local police officers from three generations of the same family. Very cool. Congratulations to all.
it's called nepotism
Wow

Richville, NY

#92 Nov 2, 2012
barney fife wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you respect the law because you agree with it, or do you respect it because of fear of what will happen to you if you don't obey?
I don't agree with all police work, laws and some instances of how police respond to situations - but I respect the law for what it is - to create control to a degree where we have boundaries to keep the honest and the dishonest as honest as we can. Without laws we would be out of control. Check,balances and laws are needed to keep us safe. Do I agree with this law - I will say yes. I am sure there could be an instance brought up where I may change my mind, but for the most part it works. We are people with names and names are given for people to use to identify themselves. This is truly my opinion.
jim

Brooklyn, NY

#93 Nov 2, 2012
a soldiers job is way more demanding. As far as faceing danger and missing family events. they leave home for a year at a time. they make way less than a trooper. many more construction workers die on the job than do troopers. in this area their job is not very dangerous.
Luke Skywalker

New Kensington, PA

#94 Nov 2, 2012
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
Luke - everyone is entitled to their opinion, but being disrespectful will get you nowhere or recognized. I hope you don't look the way you sound. Your making an ass of yourself.
Why do you quote someone else and then talk to me?. I bet you would like to see how I look, prob would be very jelous. You my friend are making an ass out of yourself!, not the other way around. I here the same thing from most everyone that I know "to many troopers up here". Glorified traffic cops is all they are.
joker

Brooklyn, NY

#95 Nov 2, 2012
jim wrote:
a soldiers job is way more demanding. As far as faceing danger and missing family events. they leave home for a year at a time. they make way less than a trooper. many more construction workers die on the job than do troopers. in this area their job is not very dangerous.
Those are the careers they all choose!!!!
bigman

Ogdensburg, NY

#96 Nov 2, 2012
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
How old are you? It is New York State Troopers and they are not referred to as police troopers. With your overuse of the word "cool" I would say about 14 or 15. Do you have anything to say to support why you think everything is (like) so cool?
sounds like lamay is using his big muscles here. go drink your wine
Wow

Richville, NY

#97 Nov 2, 2012
Luke Skywalker wrote:
<quoted text> Why do you quote someone else and then talk to me?. I bet you would like to see how I look, prob would be very jelous. You my friend are making an ass out of yourself!, not the other way around. I here the same thing from most everyone that I know "to many troopers up here". Glorified traffic cops is all they are.
It was a mistake and I apologize. It was not meant for you. But I will say that I doubt I would be jelous of your looks if your spelling is any indication ( its jealous ). I have been known to make an ass of myself before so I can live with that. Calling a Trooper a glorified traffic cop is far from the truth. If I called them a Jedi Knight or the guardians of peace and justice and we pretended this was the Old Republic...you know...before the dark times... before the Empire would you be happier? Now the Trooper to you are just Droids.- Lol.
Luke Skywalker

New Kensington, PA

#98 Nov 2, 2012
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a mistake and I apologize. It was not meant for you. But I will say that I doubt I would be jelous of your looks if your spelling is any indication ( its jealous ). I have been known to make an ass of myself before so I can live with that. Calling a Trooper a glorified traffic cop is far from the truth. If I called them a Jedi Knight or the guardians of peace and justice and we pretended this was the Old Republic...you know...before the dark times... before the Empire would you be happier? Now the Trooper to you are just Droids.- Lol.
LOL Im pretty cute:)LOL I was more into math and science. Spelling wasn't my thing. LOL
Wow

Richville, NY

#99 Nov 2, 2012
Luke Skywalker wrote:
<quoted text> LOL Im pretty cute:)LOL I was more into math and science. Spelling wasn't my thing. LOL
ahhh...friends after all. May the force be with you! Are you cute as in R2D2 cute or Princess Leia cute?
Luke Skywalker

New Kensington, PA

#100 Nov 2, 2012
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
ahhh...friends after all. May the force be with you! Are you cute as in R2D2 cute or Princess Leia cute?
Han Solo cute;)
Wow

Richville, NY

#101 Nov 2, 2012
Luke Skywalker wrote:
<quoted text> Han Solo cute;)
I guess that is better than an Ewok or Chewbacca. I am not into any captains of the rebel alliance and prefer Princess Leia anytime. No offense...but I have a light saber of my own.
Luke Skywalker

Bronx, NY

#102 Nov 2, 2012
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess that is better than an Ewok or Chewbacca. I am not into any captains of the rebel alliance and prefer Princess Leia anytime. No offense...but I have a light saber of my own.
Lol leia'a my girl too!
retired_lovingit

Syracuse, NY

#103 Nov 2, 2012
Luke Skywalker wrote:
<quoted text> LOL Im pretty cute:)LOL I was more into math and science. Spelling wasn't my thing. LOL
Respect for others isn't your thing either.
jessiesgrl

Pittsfield, MA

#104 Nov 2, 2012
cute donkeys wrote:
<quoted text>
it's called nepotism
nepotism? How is that?
noname

Watertown, NY

#105 Nov 2, 2012
hmmmm wrote:
they are millionnaires. over 100,000 a year, and another 40,000 a year in benefits. How can they possibly deal with the "common" man when they have no idea what it is like to struggle? They just are paid too much money! Yesterday a "retired" state trooper died on rt. 37 in malone. the roads were closed for hours. If a carpet installer had died they probably would have just kicked his corpse to the side of the road. Equal treatment for all!
I'm struggling with the math, or maybe you are? 100,000+40,000=1 million? Please clarify.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gouverneur Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jasmine L. Pankey 11 hr lee 2
Joe Lacks retires? 14 hr Douche Detector 4
Gouverneur police why do we still pay them 15 hr randy reynolds 12
News Gouverneur couple accept plea following meth ch... 18 hr howdy 4
News St. Lawrence County legislators want Amish to i... Apr 15 Long time resident 2
Addiction is NOT a disease...it is a WEAKNESS Apr 15 Long time resident 5
Child Support Arrears Apr 14 Support your kid 7
More from around the web

Gouverneur People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]