Jered Lacks

Olmstedville, NY

#1 Apr 14, 2011
I made the mistake of finding myself looking at some of these topics that have been posted, only in the Gouverneur section. It makes me realize how sickening the internet can be when its used to speak slander of others and create rumors. Why can't people just get along instead of making it their priority to speak badly of others. Living in Gouverneur has made me realize that. If everyone in this town spent their time trying to make amends, or be friendly to people instead of trying to stab each other in the back, everyone would be much happier.

But I am sure that I am going to get a few people that are going to call me a "douche bag" because I posted this.
Jered Lacks

Olmstedville, NY

#2 Apr 14, 2011
People in small towns are suppose to stick together, not tear each other apart.
whatabunchoflies

Long Eddy, NY

#3 Apr 14, 2011
we should have the right, as in a court of law, to "face our acuser" If anyone is going to judge anyone else then that's fine, it's your right, but you should not be able to do it anonymously. Too many lies and rude things get said here. If it was all just adults that's one thing but it can be hurtful to young kids to read things about family or friends that they don't need to hear. And can also cause people to lose a job...if it's a serious matter like some say which may be against the law, then call athorities without giving your name, that's the right thing to do. How does coming on here and complaining about a theif or a child abuser solve the problem? get real! If this is the way you feel then go where eveyone used to in the past....post it in the newspaper where an editor can decide if it's worthy to be published or not. This place is too easy for people to bash others with no reprocushuns and is just full of half truths and whole lies....I agree it should be a verified account, even if you use a screen name, but have it so anyone can't right anything with any name. Especially signing it with someone elses name to make it look even worse...CUM'ON TOPIX, smarten up, this crap has gotten way outta hand.
Jered Lacks

Olmstedville, NY

#4 Apr 14, 2011
Well said whatabunchoflies. I myself am a victim of this Topix nonsense. Awful things were said about me, things that aren't true. I believe that is something they call harassment. I actually ended up finding out who it was and had to have the police tell him to stop.
what is wrong with people

Utica, NY

#5 Apr 14, 2011
What a sad thing this site is. A friend of mine had reported to me being a victim of this site and asked me to check it out. Complete horror and disbelief. Some of this stuff brought tears to my eyes. I chose to stay in the area to bring my children up in a nice, quiet area....I am finding that I am second-guessing this decision after seeing these posts! We teach our children about anti-bullying, yet the adults are making attacks themselves. How dare people run their mouths about others in such a horrible way. Spineless people who don't have anything better to do than to post a random name and see what they can get started. It is...disgusting. I am terribly sorry to anyone who has been a victim of this bullying.

Since: Apr 11

Waterville, NY

#6 Apr 14, 2011
Hey, whatisworngwithpeople, if youre an anti bullyist and sh*t or whatever you might wanna check out ICP. Insane Clown Posse? I think you'd dig em.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gouverneur Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
dan moyer the dog warden 4 min Reae 10
Emily dehart 19 hr brenda ingram 4
mariah watson 19 hr brenda ingram 1
From one drug addict to the next ! Wed Seeker 10
Dirty Pike Wed Blech 3
Kyerstin Cole Mon Get eyes checked 12
aliens Oct 15 Oh Boy 7

Gouverneur Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance