JUST WONDERING

Watertown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2012

Who owns the new diner, what are the hours and days open. What kinda food do the serve. Drove by today and say it open didn't even know we had a new resterant. Did they even advertise? Just looking for some info. NO NEED TO MAKE NEGATIVE STATEMENTS JUST WONDERING SO I CAN PICK A DAY TO GO TRY THE FOOD. THANK YOU
MER

Watertown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2012

Judged:

The Retro is very nice. It is open 7 days a week from 5;30am to 8pm. Good food, great atmosphere,good service. Prices are good too. Everyone that works there is very friendly.Love the 50's 60's music. They are also doing breakfast buffet on Sunday mornings. Give it a try I am sure you will like it. I do and I will be going back.
bahah

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2012

Judged:

I went their recently and thought the food was horrible. I got a burger...and it was in four pieces! I couldnt even eat it! How hard is it to cook a burger. Never asked me how I wanted it cooked. Also I could taste the bleach in their cups. The coffee was horrible as well. You cant even see through the windows their so filthy. And the display case with their food in it is disgusting! Finger prints and grease all over it. Its not that hard to wipe stuff down. Im not saying its a bad place...but they really need to step it up a bit if they want people to eat there.
Idiots

New Hartford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2012

bahah wrote:
I went their recently and thought the food was horrible. I got a burger...and it was in four pieces! I couldnt even eat it! How hard is it to cook a burger. Never asked me how I wanted it cooked. Also I could taste the bleach in their cups. The coffee was horrible as well. You cant even see through the windows their so filthy. And the display case with their food in it is disgusting! Finger prints and grease all over it. Its not that hard to wipe stuff down. Im not saying its a bad place...but they really need to step it up a bit if they want people to eat there.
"Im not saying its a bad place...but they really need to step it up a bit if they want people to eat there"
Oh? Then what are you saying?
Robert Labrake

New Hartford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2012

Judged:

Another flash in the pan place, what do ya think, 90 days? 6months??
mmmmm

New Hartford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2012

Judged:

Robert Labrake wrote:
Another flash in the pan place, what do ya think, 90 days? 6months??
Bet they are in business longer than you have ever "worked".
spence

Southbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2012

Judged:

been there. it was as good as any diner. i think it is the location that kills the business. parking is not that good. but it is just about as good of parking as jumbos. i hope they make it. give it a try. park out back it isnt that far. go there instead of mcdonalds. mcdonalds can make it without you going there all the time. these people are hard working locals. they need your business. they want you there. give it a try. help them make it.
been there 3 times

New Hartford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2012

Judged:

The third time was not a charm! Food first time wasnt bad but service was slow and waited hour four food. Next two times food was nasty! So I did try at least. Sorry I will just stay with jumbos.
really

Geneva, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2012

Judged:

Wouldn't it be nice if people just said nice things about others instead of slamming them just to make a comment, try it, ya know the old saying...if you don't have anything good to say, then say nothing.... keep your personnal opions to yourself.
agree

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2012

Judged:

really wrote:
Wouldn't it be nice if people just said nice things about others instead of slamming them just to make a comment, try it, ya know the old saying...if you don't have anything good to say, then say nothing.... keep your personnal opions to yourself.
They don't know how!
spence

Southbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2012

Judged:

the place is ok nothing wrong with it. there will never be another Jumbos. Jumbos must be the oldest business in Gouv. it is a landmark. Mrs. Phelps worked hard the new owner works hard. it is a tough act to follow. why not try the new place? after all you dont wear your favorite shoes everyday.
spence

Southbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2012

Judged:

some people are just negative about everything. they are just looking for something to complain about. I have a friend that I dont think he ever had a good meal while eating out. always something wrong. I would be with him and think everything was good. some people right away want a new business to fail. and they are happy when it does. why I dont know. you cant believe everything you read on here. try it for yourself. ive been there it is good. my meal cost six dollars. im not disapointed that it wasnt like a forty dollar meal. it is a diner.
easyrider1311

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2012

ok ate there for the first time food was ok service was ok took awhile to get meal but there was a few custumers in there and more had come sence we came some sugestions i would have is i hope the continue to work on thier insisde theme and add more to it maybe summore fit in finish on the inside just to inhance the look some also i think they should try to come up with a special meal of some sort not already offered here in town something that people come there just to try or eat that one special item
pretty good

New Hartford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2012

Judged:

I ate there today it was pretty good, the people were really nice! I had an overall good experience
kitty

Watertown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2012

Judged:

they use to much bleach on the dishes i got sick there
happy

New Hartford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2012

Judged:

well kitty i know for a fact that they use what is on the regulation papers and what did u get sick from
kitty

Watertown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2012

you are not suppose to use bleach in the dishes if they do it is suppose to be in with the soap and not to much bleach only a cap full by my experience
happy

Watertown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2012

i took my daughter there and we thought the food was great. very large servings and well priced. we will definitely be going back.
Happy Customer

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2012

Judged:

I go there just about everyday and will as long as they stay open. I love the food and the all the WORKERS. Retro is doing an awesome job with the business so far and more than likely will add more as the business gets going. It takes time to gain in any business. Most of you negative people are ones that could never own a business for a day but like to bash what is here for businesses.
Robert Labrake

New Hartford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2012

Judged:

Well Happy Customer, your apparantly in the minority, most people don't like it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

33 Users are viewing the Gouverneur Forum right now

Search the Gouverneur Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
new chief of police 21 min Front Toward Enemy 80
Gouverneur & St. Lawrence County Fair kicks off 24 min Dan the Man 5
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 26 min Go Blue Forever 6,370
why are there no real jobs in this town? 47 min seems 10
Two charged with drug possession after troopers... 2 hr Sickening 1
any gay or bi guys up 2 30 into chubs and that ... 2 hr good for u 10
Amber Dashner (Feb '13) 2 hr duh 22
Paper mill employees fired on the spot 3 hr duh 5
•••
•••
•••
•••

Gouverneur Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000