Gouverneur man dies in car accident in North Carolina

A Gouverneur native who recently graduated from Marine Corps boot camp has died in a car accident in North Carolina.

Full Story
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
reguarding a loved one

Edwards, NY

#1 Jan 8, 2014
He will be greatly missed. We love you skyler
Rob

Springfield, MA

#2 Jan 8, 2014
To the way family. sorry for your lose
So sad

Gouverneur, NY

#3 Jan 8, 2014
Deepest thoughts and prayers to the family.
very sad

Gouverneur, NY

#4 Jan 8, 2014
such a bad tragedy to have happen. i pray for the family to find peace somehow in all of this. he was a very nice boy, was raised very well.from a very nice family.so i send all of my prayers to them and my condolences also my heart goes out to them all. god bless
layud

Gouverneur, NY

#5 Jan 11, 2014
this is really sad the report says he was driving to fast for the road conditions and alcohol hasnt been determined yet if it was involved i hope not.
Rude

United States

#6 Jan 11, 2014
layud wrote:
this is really sad the report says he was driving to fast for the road conditions and alcohol hasnt been determined yet if it was involved i hope not.
Yes it is very sad. Very RUDE of you to even quote what papers says. It doesn't matter what happen. Point is a very loved young man is no longer here a life gone to early! I'm sorry but I'm very irritated you put that. No one should be putting anything on TOPIX for christ sakes about a tragedy like this.
Simple

Gouverneur, NY

#7 Jan 11, 2014
Rude wrote:
<quoted text>Yes it is very sad. Very RUDE of you to even quote what papers says. It doesn't matter what happen. Point is a very loved young man is no longer here a life gone to early! I'm sorry but I'm very irritated you put that. No one should be putting anything on TOPIX for christ sakes about a tragedy like this.
There is always someone ignorant in every crowd. They open their mouth and nothing smart comes out. Just ignore them.
Rude

United States

#8 Jan 11, 2014
Simple wrote:
<quoted text>
There is always someone ignorant in every crowd. They open their mouth and nothing smart comes out. Just ignore them.
Isn't that the truth!
Ashley

Gouverneur, NY

#10 Jan 13, 2014
Could you all please have respect for these young mens' families. You right no one death is more tragic or more important than another. But at this time respect should be shown for both of theses families.
Pray

Charlotte, NC

#12 Jan 13, 2014
Praying
Regarding a loved one

Edwards, NY

#14 Jan 13, 2014
I only started this with a comment to let the family know I loved him and will miss him, I did not start it for the people to run their mouths. How many people have driven after consuming alcohol and not gotten caught? A lot of people have. It does not matter if he drank or not. He many never have made it on that road from what they have said. He was just a young man out there experiencing life and made a bad judgement. that does not make us love him and less
People

Gouverneur, NY

#15 Jan 13, 2014
Rude wrote:
<quoted text>Omfg what is wrong with you? You are sick to even say the things you did. For one I did not say any thing about him being a soldier and he took another mans life-please that other young man also had a choice to decide if he was to ride with him. Second my brothers accident wasn't on the news either and he was killed by a drunk driver asshole and third let them rest in piece for christ sakes. You are obviously a person with no compassion or morals and no soul. It doesn't matter if you liked him or not he still had family and freinds who loved him and I'm sure are greiving as you did when you brother passed or maybe you didn't. You have no soul. Cruel cruel people. Leave that family alone they don't deserve this crap.
People in this town like to stir up shit just to make themselves look good. That's how this town works. The sad part is that this young man that passed will be the center of it because of ignorance. People will start shit and things will get ugly and things will be said that will be hurtful....that is what is so sad!
hhhmmn

United States

#16 Jan 13, 2014
It is very sad. But if by chance it WAS alcohol related then don't let his death be in vain. Use it to show kids the dangers of drinking and driving. It could possibly save a life.
Monica Lewinsky

Watertown, NY

#17 Jan 14, 2014
Whats this crap I have been hearing about places denying the family a venue for a memorial service?
Curious

Gouverneur, NY

#18 Jan 14, 2014
hhhmmn wrote:
It is very sad. But if by chance it WAS alcohol related then don't let his death be in vain. Use it to show kids the dangers of drinking and driving. It could possibly save a life.
Yes I heard the same but come on really why would anyone want a funeral in a school or firehall omg just not proper...kids running around wth sports in session and what happens if they have a fire men running in to get gear and such wow how about a church I'm sorry but we have been to very large callings and funerals but never in a firehall or school
Monica Lewinsky

Watertown, NY

#19 Jan 14, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I heard the same but come on really why would anyone want a funeral in a school or firehall omg just not proper...kids running around wth sports in session and what happens if they have a fire men running in to get gear and such wow how about a church I'm sorry but we have been to very large callings and funerals but never in a firehall or school
Yep, my thoughts exactly. What about the Elks or the VFW? How many do you think will really show up.
Allison Peck

Albany, NY

#20 Jan 14, 2014
This is ridiculous!! Topix isn't place for this!! People have no respect!!
Really

Gouverneur, NY

#21 Jan 14, 2014
Allison Peck wrote:
This is ridiculous!! Topix isn't place for this!! People have no respect!!
What speaking the truth? Its sad a life was lost but its crazy when someone passes away everybody loved the person and was there best friend, and lets not forget that the family is so great. If anything all u people are hipocrits.
i could be wrong

Gouverneur, NY

#22 Jan 14, 2014
but didn't fort drum offer them a place to hold the funeral, he was a marine I would think fort drum would be a very fitting place to honor this young marine who tragically lost his life
Allison Peck

Sutton, MA

#23 Jan 14, 2014
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
What speaking the truth? Its sad a life was lost but its crazy when someone passes away everybody loved the person and was there best friend, and lets not forget that the family is so great. If anything all u people are hipocrits.
no I meant to the people who are saying bad things

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gouverneur Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Whistleblowers or traitors? Dec 16 resident 19
drugs Dec 15 really 10
another prashaw (May '14) Dec 15 resident 24
Donna prashaw and Mary Jane Gotham (Feb '13) Dec 15 up yours 5
help me find my long lost sister (Feb '11) Dec 14 Rahul Singh 10
jessica nelson Dec 13 Kaay 8
Dylan Detler ? Dec 13 Harry 1
Gouverneur Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web