are you really surprise?
resident

East Syracuse, NY

#2 Sep 28, 2012
What's that mean?
village resident

Ithaca, NY

#3 Sep 28, 2012
I heard patients are being transported to other hospitals this evening , is that true?
LOL

Brighton, MA

#4 Sep 28, 2012
Just read Canole's statements about the big loss....LOVED how he blamed alot of it on the medicaid scum, hahaha finally the truth comes out!!!
a

United States

#5 Sep 28, 2012
Where do you see canoles statements? It said he wasn't available for comment
big momma

Pelham, NH

#6 Sep 28, 2012
This is a sad thing. This hospital serves a lot of people in this area and if it is such a bad place. Why is it such a busy place maybe if you have such negative commets u should change where you seek medical attention. But now if somthing bad was to happen to u. And u needed quick medical attention to stabilize u or u would die in a few minutes and now u must travel farther away to be stabilized tell me what's your chances of survival..I guess the joke is on u. So talk shit about something else y assholes
village resident

Ithaca, NY

#8 Sep 28, 2012
We are very fortunate to have our hospital in Gouv. Hopefully things will get resolved and our hospital will be open again. I wonder if any of this has to do with Obamacare and all the ridiculous rules and regulations that he wants to impose on the medical field.
hhhmmm

United States

#9 Sep 29, 2012
no it has nothing to do with obamacare. its bc the idiots didnt know how to run the place correctly. the place was not a safe place to go to or practice. maybe now something will be done to make it better...one could only hope.
jww

Ithaca, NY

#10 Sep 29, 2012
Its cause canole don't know how to manage the hospitals money, so they can keep it up to code! I say get rid of him and get someone that knows what there doing
Correction

Ithaca, NY

#11 Sep 30, 2012
jww wrote:
Its cause canole don't know how to manage the hospitals money, so they can keep it up to code! I say get rid of him and get someone that knows what there doing
proper English.....IT'S BECAUSE Canole DOESN'T know also....someone that knows what THEY'RE doing also, don't blame it on Canole....he has done a good job.....the laboratory at the hospital needs improvement and brought up to state standards then hopefully our hospital will open again soon.
It's too bad that sooooo many people need to be on medicaid. Usually medicaid does not pay the full amount, and then the hospital does not get the full amount of what they are owed.
maybe

Ithaca, NY

#12 Sep 30, 2012
Wondering if maybe someone is pocketing some of the money that is paid to the hospital and no one has noticed yet that it is missing????
My2Cents

Ithaca, NY

#13 Oct 1, 2012
Why would he spend all that money for the new wing? The new wing is nice, don't get me wrong but its more like walking into a hotel than a hospital. If the hospital was making all kinds of money and could afford to provide flat screen tv's in every room along with all of these other luxuries, great. However, why spend all that money on luxury and to make the place look pretty and not update the most crucial parts of the hospital, the lab, have enough staff to properly take care of the patients, the operating room and the emergency room?
forever wrong

Ithaca, NY

#14 Oct 1, 2012
to my 2 cents: the new wing was built on donations for that perticular thing. you cant just take the donations that people and organizations give for on thing and use it for something else. i agree to getting someone else to run the hospital. this is not the first time that the hospital has been in trouble. it was a rumor a few years ago of shutting down. its a scary situation now ,especilly for someone who has a life threatening disease and needs immediate care when they get sick. this hospital should of never shut down,and should be a very concerning thing for our town, and i hope theres a solution to the problem VERY soon.
getoverit

Canton, NY

#15 Oct 1, 2012
well as for an employee side they are telling them nothing other than they will call them if they need them.... so how are they susposed to feed their families with that!!! and now to add salt to the wound they are threating them for expressing their feelings on FB. come on some of them have been there for 16-20 years and this is how they are being treated
My2Cents

New York, NY

#16 Oct 1, 2012
To "forever wrong" I agree that the problem needs to be resolved soon. The closest hospital to us would be what Watertown or possibly Ogdensburg? In a life threatening emergency, that is a long way to travel. As far as the donations building the new wing, donations helped build it but its my understanding that it also cost the hospital. I guess in my way of thinking, if they could ask for donations to build a new wing, they could have asked for donations to update and improve the lab. I also question why I hear things like Canole's bar and living expenses being paid by the hospital. I am thinking that trimming the fat should start with him.
village resident

Ithaca, NY

#17 Oct 1, 2012
getoverit wrote:
well as for an employee side they are telling them nothing other than they will call them if they need them.... so how are they susposed to feed their families with that!!! and now to add salt to the wound they are threating them for expressing their feelings on FB. come on some of them have been there for 16-20 years and this is how they are being treated
I somewhat agree, but they will qualify for unemployment until they go back or find another job.
I really think they will be back within the next couple of months when things get turned around in the lab.
true

Ithaca, NY

#18 Oct 1, 2012
I beleive if Mr.Canole was as competant as some say then why was the situation not addressed sooner? Instead of letting the problems escalate to the point of the hospital being shut down. Also many of the issues are due to lack of money. Then wouldn't it have made sense to hire an auditor to check the books to be sure all of the money was accounted for? It makes me sick when others complain about the work performance of the employees at the hospital. Perhaps these employees were so overwhelmed with everything because they were so short staffed and they were trying to do the work of two people.
hahahahaha

Ithaca, NY

#19 Oct 1, 2012
there's another problem with ej noble. why are they sooo worried about peoples fbs when they need to be worried about getting the hospital running again. i think the employees have a right to express how they feel. i would be mad to if i got laid off because people cant do their job and management cant figure out how to deal with real problems other then what people are writing on fb. yes they are short staffed at times. they need to realize who wants to be there and who doesn't or doesn't deserve to.third floor needs to be cleaned right up. the lab needs to be cleaned up and right along with all the staff. stop worrying about the employees(the good ones) that you laid off and what they are saying and worry about the hospital. i hope whoever made the mistake,management, administration and whoever else realizes how many employees and families they have hurt.
Tom

Ithaca, NY

#20 Oct 1, 2012
The bigest problem is all the people that have employable skills will be looking for work elseware. So even if they reopen they won't have any employee's left.
hahahahaha

Ithaca, NY

#21 Oct 1, 2012
they should find jobs elsewhere. they cant be expected to live off unemployment to support their families while they wait for them to fix their issues. and unemployment isn't going to pay them exactly what they were making.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gouverneur Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
RIP and his Grandma 3 hr Stinky 5
News Gouverneur woman charged with assault 9 hr Lol 78
Kristen Redmond 14 hr Itchyballs 1
What a nasty hoe Heather Poole yuck 17 hr Commenter One 6
chambers (Aug '13) Sat Yup know him 15
"Observer's" Repetitious Comments May 19 wow 6
Class of 2017 money May 18 gouveygal 17

Gouverneur Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance