meth heads and theifs
gotta ask

United States

#1 Aug 5, 2008
I just gotta do some venting. I work late into the night sometimes getting home as late as 4;30am usually aroung 12;30am. I see these people walking the streets in my neighborhood. wide eyed walking along looking into neighbors yards, people who dont live anywhere near , sometime staggering, sometimes talking to themselves, i have had bycycles stolen, and a neighbor has actually had a door stolen from their back yard. My question is, cant something be done? Recently I received a citation for no seatbelt, I was wrong and gladly paid the fine, the same week two bycycles were stolen from our neighborhood, two teenagers saw my neighbors 4-wheeler and were heard saying, we'll come back tonight and get that. Would a neighborhood watch program help? If so ,where do I go to get it started? I would gladly give my time, as would many of my neighbors, to clean up our streets. Please let me know how we can help. The police cant be everywhere at the same time.
Good Idea

Katy, TX

#2 Aug 5, 2008
gotta ask wrote:
I just gotta do some venting. I work late into the night sometimes getting home as late as 4;30am usually aroung 12;30am. I see these people walking the streets in my neighborhood. wide eyed walking along looking into neighbors yards, people who dont live anywhere near , sometime staggering, sometimes talking to themselves, i have had bycycles stolen, and a neighbor has actually had a door stolen from their back yard. My question is, cant something be done? Recently I received a citation for no seatbelt, I was wrong and gladly paid the fine, the same week two bycycles were stolen from our neighborhood, two teenagers saw my neighbors 4-wheeler and were heard saying, we'll come back tonight and get that. Would a neighborhood watch program help? If so ,where do I go to get it started? I would gladly give my time, as would many of my neighbors, to clean up our streets. Please let me know how we can help. The police cant be everywhere at the same time.
Where about do you live? I also see people walking in my neighborhood looking at peoples yard. A Watch would be a good idea.
gotta ask

United States

#3 Aug 5, 2008
I live on the north side of south gosnell st. Four years ago it was a nice neighborhood, but has gone down hill since

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#4 Aug 5, 2008
i amnot being a smart a$$ but, welcome to my world. lived in gosnell for 10 years.. up til about a year ago it was tolerable... now, its crap! i am on a watch list with gosnell P.D. but, its like you posted they cant be everywhere all the time. i just dont have enough trustworthy neighbors that i can even think about a watch. most could give a rats rump about anything. i just chain outside items down.. even the friggin bbq grill. and you are correct about the people at all hours of the morn walking the streets.. call gosnell PD pleeze? i report it all... at least they can do a drive thru.. nobody should be out at that hour. we can all do more.. if the police arent aware of the problems.. they remain our problems.. share all and any info.......... no matter how small or unimportant it seems.. the neigborhoods are a little better, and i truly believe gosnell PD does the best they can do. wish more people would vent... we all get tired of working our arses off! and all the while some druggie lazy a$$ is sticking it to us. soooo i too, feel the pain, the worry, and on a flip side.. we can always hope that one day these lazy a$$ druggies will get into the wrong yard, house, shed ... and meet up with smith and wesson. another one bites the dust! sorry.. i just cant embrace and help those who wont help themselves to a better life. there is hope for gosnell.. we all just need to stay together as citizens.. now that i have vented... have a good safe day..

“生命是死亡”

Since: Jul 07

Little Rock, AR

#5 Aug 5, 2008
Listen, it got bad enough around my house, at a point, that I installed infrared video cameras around the outside of the house and recorded them most of the time. That along with dogs in the front and back yard and electric fence around the backyard.

Things are a little better now, thanks to some of the major problem people moving away, but I still take precautions. I still see people, who I have NO idea where they live, walking the street at all hours of the night - I've almost ran over a couple of them coming home and they would be standing in the middle of the street in the dark.

Little Rock, AR

#6 Aug 5, 2008
Call the police department. Tell them you are interested in getting a neighborhood watch started. They will be more than happy to help you. Ask for the Commisioner, Chief, or Captain. I think that would be a wonderful thing because no matter how hard the police work that can't be everywhere at once. Remember the old saying " 2 sets of eyes are better than one".
Life is Peachy

United States

#7 Aug 6, 2008
Maybe we need to figured how to turn out hot dose drugs. Kill about 98% of the meth heads and crackheads. Thne crime will go down.
gotta ask

United States

#8 Aug 6, 2008
I do belive I will contact the gosnell PD for information on starting a neighborhood watch. I',m sorry but I just cant see installing video cameras or chaining down , or eletric fences, just like Daisy said I belive these people need to be introduced to Smith and Wesson, two of my close friends, I refuse to work for the things that I have just so some junkie can take it and sell it for a quick fix. Waht it come down to is whether its a watch program, video, eletric fences, or defending our property with force, this problem needs addressed. Several years ago I caught a man in my fencened in backyard stealing a ladder, I held him at gun point till the police arrived, and of course I was acussed of taking the law into my own hands, but I can say this, I still have my ladder LOL
STANDING TOGETHER WE CAN TAKE BACK OUR NEIGHBORHOODS
Jodi

United States

#9 Aug 6, 2008
My family and I are looking to buy a house in Gosnell, but reading all these comments has me scared to live there now. If I did buy a house in Gosnell I would be interested in a neighbor watch system. What are the neighbors of Bevill and Brock like?

“生命是死亡”

Little Rock, AR

#10 Aug 6, 2008
I installed the video cameras after one too many times of being told by the cops that "we can't do anything if we don't see it" bullshit. Fine, then it will be recorded and there will be evidence, then we'll see if they are prepared to do their jobs properly. Personally, I'd just as soon take care of problems in my own manner - cops are pretty much useless in my opinion - However, there is already enough crap buried in my backyard.
gotta ask wrote:
I do belive I will contact the gosnell PD for information on starting a neighborhood watch. I',m sorry but I just cant see installing video cameras or chaining down , or eletric fences, just like Daisy said I belive these people need to be introduced to Smith and Wesson, two of my close friends, I refuse to work for the things that I have just so some junkie can take it and sell it for a quick fix. Waht it come down to is whether its a watch program, video, eletric fences, or defending our property with force, this problem needs addressed. Several years ago I caught a man in my fencened in backyard stealing a ladder, I held him at gun point till the police arrived, and of course I was acussed of taking the law into my own hands, but I can say this, I still have my ladder LOL
Former meth head

Hope, AR

#11 Aug 10, 2008
I am a recovering meth addict. It is extremely hard to stay away from the drugs. I moved up here to get away from all the familiar "people , places, and things". I honestly haven't had any trouble with people until recently. I will tell you this...If we have meth heads running around, everyone needs to lock everything up. Meth heads will actually sit up and wait on you to go to bed just because they have nothing else to do. They will steal you blind if you don't prevent it. I would love to have a neighborhood watch set up. I know what I have done in the past is wrong...But I am still working on it and I will not let other meth heads make me miserable or my neighborhood.

“生命是死亡”

Maumelle, AR

#12 Aug 10, 2008
Good luck to you! I'm happy that you are recovering from your problem and pray you continue to do so in the future.
Former meth head wrote:
I am a recovering meth addict. It is extremely hard to stay away from the drugs. I moved up here to get away from all the familiar "people , places, and things". I honestly haven't had any trouble with people until recently. I will tell you this...If we have meth heads running around, everyone needs to lock everything up. Meth heads will actually sit up and wait on you to go to bed just because they have nothing else to do. They will steal you blind if you don't prevent it. I would love to have a neighborhood watch set up. I know what I have done in the past is wrong...But I am still working on it and I will not let other meth heads make me miserable or my neighborhood.
Former meth head

Friendship, AR

#13 Aug 11, 2008
Good luck to you! I'm happy that you are recovering from your problem and pray you continue to do so in the future.

Thank you !!
YabaDabaDooo

United States

#14 Aug 12, 2008
gotta ask wrote:
I was told that I can't shoot someone that was breaking into my home. They said it didn't matter if they were outside the house or inside, I would still be charged. Is that true?
bigR

North Little Rock, AR

#16 Aug 17, 2008
all i know is i have a clean record and if i ever catch somebody trying to steal something out of my yard or any of my vehicles i m going to break both of there arms to make a lasting impressions and if somebody want s to break into my house they are dead no questions asked
gotta ask

North Little Rock, AR

#17 Aug 18, 2008
im not 100% sure but I think if someone is in your house you do have the right to protect you and yours by any force . I myself, keep a loaded .357 mag within easy reach at my house, and if anyone wheather in my house or my yard, is stealing or whatever I will use deadly force to protect what is mine. I refuse to work myself half to death so I can have my property stolen or have my family put in danger. If that means I will be charged for whatewver, then so be it.
But we have to remember we cant lock ourselves in our house, we need to help eachother, keep your eyes open, get to know you neighbors, folks that come home from work late at night make an extra circle around the hood before going home, keep your cell phones handy. Dont try to be a hero, let the police do their job if at all possible. Just use common sence
Life is Peachy

United States

#18 Aug 19, 2008
I keep a 45 loaded one in the chamber. In case a meth head decides he is coming in my house
gotta ask

United States

#19 Aug 19, 2008
Life is peachy ...I like the way you think

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gosnell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
dh (Oct '14) 11 hr Ricky Spanish 11
please I need help so bad y'all. Sun Guest 8
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) Jul 25 Ho Dee DOO 30,925
looking for an old friend Jul 25 guest 13 2
A.R.T on base Jul 24 Guest 2
Gosnell Water Dept (Apr '08) Jul 23 rumrum 338
angela (Dec '14) Jul 22 confused 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gosnell Mortgages