turney ford field
Big Owl

United States

#1 Aug 25, 2011
Hey there gordonsville folk. We here in owl country are looking forward to visiting our 2nd home field. Turney ford field. Can't wait to see you guys.
hillbilly4u

Lebanon, TN

#2 Aug 25, 2011
How Sweet!!!!Come to the other side....BECAUSE IT IS ALOT CLEANER THAN OVER ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE RIVER!!!!!Slum city or county seat is what we call it!!
Big Owl

United States

#3 Aug 25, 2011
Shut up and just enjoy being OWNED by us SLUMS.
hillbilly4u

Lebanon, TN

#4 Aug 25, 2011
Big Owl wrote:
the way I see it.....g-ville is supporting this county.
What does Carthage have? NOTHING!Why don't u STFU?
Big Owl

United States

#5 Aug 25, 2011
What we have is a football team that beats your ass every year. I'm not going to sit here and throw out a bunch of useless name calling like you. Just havin a little fun. Sorry to ruffle your little feathers there buddy. Might wanna talk to the doctor about some medication for your anger issues. Anyway. Enjoy the loss tmrw night. Have a great evening.
just saying

Gordonsville, TN

#6 Aug 25, 2011
Well, there's one thing for sure that you Owls can't post about and that's A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP! Why don't you come over early and maybe they will open the school up and let you see the trophy since it is quite obvious Carthage won't ever have one. Play a wimpy schedule then get your butts beat off in the Playoffs because you play a wimpy schedule. The way I see it, when you get the trophy, then strut you owl tail featers but untilo then, shut your beak! Hey, you started it there BIG OWL. Just saying.
Big Owl

United States

#7 Aug 25, 2011
Yes. You won a state championship in. 1984. This is 2011. I agree with you on the weak schedule. Yours isn't much better tho. I'd say just as weak. As far as the trophy goes. I've seen it. I graduated from that dump. Neither teams will win a championship in the next 100 years. But fact is fact. The owls own the tigers. Hence the 2nd home statement. Can't change that fact there old buddy.
hillbilly4u

Lebanon, TN

#8 Aug 25, 2011
you call GHS a dump.....That says alot about yourself BIG OWL!Yes...we have balls-GOLD AND SILVER......Doesnt matter what year we won it in...at least we have two in the trophy case "ole buddy"!!!
You accuse me of name calling,and here u sit behind a screen,and make fun of our team,and field,and try to tell me about trying to take some meds., for my anger issues!!!! I dont have anger issues,I have issues with people that bully other people's teams like u do,and Carthage calls us classess people!Just beware,anything can happen on a Friday night.
We might be a small school and team,and expect to get our ass beat againlike u say.....but this side of the river has class, NOT NUMBNUTS LIKE YOU ARE.
just saying

Gordonsville, TN

#9 Aug 25, 2011
First of all, I'm not a buddy. I'm a buddet (get it, girl). Second of all, you don't own us. That's just a fact and if you "graduated from that dump" as you put it, why didn't you transfer to Carthage. All I am really wanting to say is I hope that tomorrow night's game is a game where noone gets hurt and everyone plays fairly. It's not the players on the field that make this such a big issue, it's US (the has beens). Heck, the kids get along just fine after the game. As far as the schedule goes, you're right, neither team plays a tough one, guess that's why they both don't get very far. Anyway, good luck to you tomorrow night Big Owl. Shake your tail feathers all you want and I will be on my side roaring as long as I can for my Tigers. Have a great day and remember, these are children we are talking about. I have already seen too many reports of football players dying in this heat or greatly diabled for the rest of their lives. See ya then! Whomever wins, good for them. Just don't want anyone to get hurt. Have a great day Big Owl. I know I am going to.
Big Owl

United States

#10 Aug 25, 2011
Settle down there mr hillbilly. Just because u can't beat the owls doesn't mean your classless. its all just good fun. And yes. Ghs was a dump when I went. Its a nice little place now. Still won't beat the owls. And I agree with just sayin. Hope its an injury free game. And hope one of the two actually does well in the playoffs. But until then ill jujst enjoy your defeat tmrw. Go Big Owls
donate

Greenbrier, AR

#11 Aug 28, 2011
Maybe carthage boosters can donate some money for some bleachers @ turney ford field, I got tired of standing.
hillbilly4u

Lebanon, TN

#12 Aug 28, 2011
donate wrote:
Maybe carthage boosters can donate some money for some bleachers @ turney ford field, I got tired of standing.
if you got tired of standing...then stay at home.
stfu

Brush Creek, TN

#13 Aug 29, 2011
Big Owl wrote:
OWNED .. hmmm how typical for someone that is for sc to use that term, i'm guessing all that matters to those elite owls is claiming to own things. so sad for them, i'm thinking it's phallus envy .. what? lol
really

Gainesboro, TN

#14 Aug 29, 2011
I wonder how the SCHS palyers felt everytime they looked at the score board and saw the State Champ/Runner Up sign? It was a good game but we lost. BY 1 POINT...SCHS has no bragging rights...they were wore down by the Tiger Defense. And their hot shot Manning was planted a time or two. SCHS should beat GHS just by sheer numbers and size, but this year they didn't. And it took 2 OTs to score that winning point. So they don't own Turney Ford Field or the Tigers, they just barely made the two point conversion and chickened out on the field goal during regulation. And I believe GHS will go farther in State than SCHS, they usually do.And SCHS...Riverdale scouts were there watching ya'll...I heard them say "CAKE WALK".

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#15 Aug 30, 2011
Why on earth would Riverdale scouts be at the game watching Carthage play?
really

Gainesboro, TN

#16 Aug 30, 2011
Because SCHS is playing Riverdale this year.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#17 Aug 30, 2011
really wrote:
Because SCHS is playing Riverdale this year.
I don't think so..........

Since: Sep 11

Sharon, SC

#18 Sep 1, 2011
All I got to say is GO TIGERS!!!
Tiger fan

Brush Creek, TN

#19 Aug 19, 2012
Well we aregoing to state this year because we are a great team this year and we are the team to beat so big owls get ready!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gordonsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Michael Nesbitt 1 hr Thunder 17
Dope heada in jail (Sep '16) Thu DualMinded 6
It's Father's Day what will you be doing specia... Jun 18 Pan 2
Gordonsville Laws and codes (Oct '12) Jun 6 TN Revenue 10
Topic is the devil (Oct '12) Jun 3 victor 8
Wow May 30 Tom 3
best football player to play at ghs (Sep '14) May 26 Ghspride 15

Gordonsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance